Next Player to be traded ???

marck

Crowder and Duke Johnson seem to be good trade candidates.  Both are proven veteran players who have had some success in the league.  I'm pretty sure the Bills signed both before the draft - before acquiring Shakir and Cook.  By drafting those two guys and them both playing well in camp and preseason, Crowder and Johnson, along with their higher salaries, become expendible.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Moss would be my choice by default because I hate the idea of doing this RB by committee crap yet again when Singletary has proven himself and Cook will be pushing him for snaps as it is. This is still going to be a pass first team with Allen also eating on the ground and you can't split carries between 3 guys anymore.

And considering how Ford has been showcased in hindsight, get the sense that's what they are trying to do with guys like Moss and Epenesa as well.

You can beat the horse all you want, but neither Moss or Epenesa are getting traded.  Both are slated for significant rotational roles.  Moss is Singletary’s replacement next year and their insurance if he gets hurt or underperforms this year.  Epenesa looks to be the their top rotational DE, clearly number 3 on the depth chart right now.  

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

They play different positions.  Gilliam is a fullback who also plays tight end.  Moss is a running back.  Gilliam is 3 inches taller and 40 pounds heavier than Moss.

So?....Moss can be  FB and is good in pass pro. How many plays will Reggie see? Waste of a roster spot IMO...unless he's great on ST, IDK about that.

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Moss. They seem to be giving him the Sammy Watkins treatment

I don’t see it in this window we are in. Don’t trade away a guy who might be critical one high ankle sprain from now. It’s not worth a late round pick for next year when we could win it all this year. 

I’m wrong a lot, so…….🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Crowder and Duke Johnson seem to be good trade candidates.  Both are proven veteran players who have had some success in the league.  I'm pretty sure the Bills signed both before the draft - before acquiring Shakir and Cook.  By drafting those two guys and them both playing well in camp and preseason, Crowder and Johnson, along with their higher salaries, become expendible.

What Shakir has shown makes Crowder a possibility, IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I think Crowder stays, now that Austin is out…we need that back up slot behind McKenzie…

2 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

Moss. They seem to be giving him the Sammy Watkins treatment

Regardless of how good Singletary and Cook have looked, Moss has also looked good.  Reason dictates you keep him.  It's a long season and expected deep playoff run, so why trade away a solid contributor for a future pick.

Ford was given the opportunity to stick, but I imagine the new OL coach told Beane to cut/trade him.

Bottom line keep productive players, get rid of non.

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

If he’s “nothing special” and can be replaced by an UDFA, why the hell would someone give up a 4th or 5th for him? 🙄

LOL the Eternal Fan Fallacy. 

"This guy sucks, he's a bust and hasn't lived up to his 3rd round draft status with 3 years of NFL wear on him!  Let's trade him for a 4th!"

• Haha (+1) 1

My opinion would be just these two who have more value to others than us 

Crowder- he is a proven commodity and we have Lil dirty and Shakir along with Cook if need be.

Lawson- good backup but we have several guys who are better at same thing. 

I do not think our backup LB or DBs are special and we might need them anyways. And RBs are a dime a dozen in the NFL except for a few special ones.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mabden said:

Regardless of how good Singletary and Cook have looked, Moss has also looked good.  Reason dictates you keep him.  It's a long season and expected deep playoff run, so why trade away a solid contributor for a future pick.

So the only reason to trade Moss would be if they like what they're seeing from Duke Johnson or Blackshear better as RB and feel that Reggie Gilliam can fill the short-yardage FB role.

2 minutes ago, mabden said:

Ford was given the opportunity to stick, but I imagine the new OL coach told Beane to cut/trade him.

I doubt the OL coach told Beane to cut/trade him.

I think at this point, they have staff meetings where the position coaches grade and rank their players. 

It must be a pretty complex business, because they would have to consider "does he offer a unique skillset?" "does he offer versatility?" and "does he have potential we can develop him to fill?"

On IOL, we have Dawkins, Quessenberry, and Brown at OT.  Interior OL, Morse, Bates, and Saffold are locks. Mancz is a lock as the backup center.  You're gonna keep 9, maybe 10 at the most.  Perhaps they like Hart > Ford or give him the edge because he can theoretically, in a pinch, play tackle (I threw up a bit in my mouth typing that).  Dunno how serious Tommy Doyle's injury is, but he can play tackle and they've been trying him inside as well I believe.   On his weekly segment with Tasker and Brown, Greg Cosell mentioned OL and rookie Alec Anderson was called out as playing really well at Guard.  If so, they may feel he has a ceiling and can be developed more than Ford.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Josh Allen.

Keenum looked really good on Saturday.

Now's the time to sell high on #17. Just ask that guy that called into WGR after the game. :D

I read right here that Keenum could equal Josh's 2021 11 wins and 30+ TDs with this team.  Might as well test the market.....

58 minutes ago, nosejob said:

So?....Moss can be  FB and is good in pass pro. How many plays will Reggie see? Waste of a roster spot IMO...unless he's great on ST, IDK about that.

I'm not saying it's the best use of a roster spot, but the original question asked whether it was a special teams thing.  The response was, that no, it isn't.  They have different positions/roles on the team.  I think they value Gilliam's versatility, particularly at TE.  Keeping Gilliam on the roster may allow them to carry 1 fewer TE, while also having a blocking FB with a little more blocking juice than Moss has.  It's arguable that Moss could do some of the things in the backfield that Gilliam can do, but it's not arguable that Moss can't play TE.

26 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I'm not saying it's the best use of a roster spot, but the original question asked whether it was a special teams thing.  The response was, that no, it isn't.  They have different positions/roles on the team.  I think they value Gilliam's versatility, particularly at TE.  Keeping Gilliam on the roster may allow them to carry 1 fewer TE, while also having a blocking FB with a little more blocking juice than Moss has.  It's arguable that Moss could do some of the things in the backfield that Gilliam can do, but it's not arguable that Moss can't play TE.

I can't remember seeing Gilliam lined up at TE last year and now with O.J. I'm not expecting it any time soon. As far as a lead blocker on short and goal, well we have Moss and we all know Josh won't skip an opportunity to punch it in. I just don't see the need for that spot on the roster.

Not to mention an extra lineman like Doyle.

Edited by nosejob

6 hours ago, StHustle said:

Only way I could be on board is if we got a 3rd rounder for him and I doubt a team would do that. Maybe a 4th at best. If Devin goes down are you really good with a rookie in Blackshear or you would keep Duke Johnson over Moss?

Do you think Singletary is better then Blackshear or Duke?

4 hours ago, Augie said:

I don’t see it in this window we are in. Don’t trade away a guy who might be critical one high ankle sprain from now. It’s not worth a late round pick for next year when we could win it all this year. 

I’m wrong a lot, so…….🤷‍♂️

What Shakir has shown makes Crowder a possibility, IMO. 

I'm with you.  I know Beane's likes collecting draft picks.  But I hope he doesn't trade anyone away that would've made the final 53.  We want to win the SB and that requires depth.  

If we can find trade partners for guys we were going to cut anyway: great.  

I think Crowder is a Final 53 guy.

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Do you think Singletary is better then Blackshear or Duke?

Absolutely. Singletary in his rookie season averaged more ypc than Duke ever did in his career. Singletary also has like 75% more starts in his career than Duke and has been in the league less than half as long. Duke is the better receiver but not better overall back. Couple all that with the 4 year age difference and it’s a no brained who you keep. Blackshear has great potential but we haven’t seen him against starters yet and in no way can set he’s better than Devin.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.