Next Player to be traded ???

marck

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Josh Allen.

Keenum looked really good on Saturday.

Now's the time to sell high on #17. Just ask that guy that called into WGR after the game. :D

It's an interesting thought experiment - what could the Bills get for Josh Allen? 😂

• Shocked 1

• Simon changed the title to Next Player to be traded ???

I think Moss has value in a trade, but I really don't want to part with him.  He's the one RB who can really play the physical punisher role in short yardage, and he's underrated as a pass catcher by fans.  

I'd love it if they could get something, anything for OJ Howard.  Same goes with Duke Johnson.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

5 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Moss. They seem to be giving him the Sammy Watkins treatment

I respectfully disagree that they've been showcasing Moss for a trade.

If you want to trade him, you give him a bunch of carries in the second half of games. You don't mix him in with the 1st and 2nd units in camp and preseason, and you don't give him repeated goal line carries.

Further, Moss offers power and short yardage/goal line ability that no one else on the roster has. Blacksheer and Johnson are both more similar to Singletary and Cook. No one else has what Moss has, unless they want to make Gilliam the full time short yardage back.

All signs point to Singletary, Moss, Cook and Jones being the RB foursome that the Bills roll with this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 9

Moss would be my choice by default because I hate the idea of doing this RB by committee crap yet again when Singletary has proven himself and Cook will be pushing him for snaps as it is. This is still going to be a pass first team with Allen also eating on the ground and you can't split carries between 3 guys anymore.

And considering how Ford has been showcased in hindsight, get the sense that's what they are trying to do with guys like Moss and Epenesa as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Secondary is loaded.  It's either Tre starting the yr on PUP/IR, or we likely are moving someone.

It would be cool to get a draft pick back for Cam Lewis or Nick McCloud, given that the Bills are reasonably unlikely to sneak both players through to the practice squad.

I'd suggest trying to get a 7th out of the Giants for Lewis, but Schoen is probably smart enough to call that bluff and just let the Bills cut him.

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Moss would be my choice by default because I hate the idea of doing this RB by committee crap yet again when Singletary has proven himself and Cook will be pushing him for snaps as it is. This is still going to be a pass first team with Allen also eating on the ground and you can't split carries between 3 guys anymore.

And considering how Ford has been showcased in hindsight, get the sense that's what they are trying to do with guys like Moss and Epenesa as well.

I think it would be highly unwise to trade away the third best edge rusher -- and likely the best right defensive end -- on the roster, just as he appears to be starting to live up to his draft potential.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Only way I could be on board is if we got a 3rd rounder for him and I doubt a team would do that. Maybe a 4th at best. If Devin goes down are you really good with a rookie in Blackshear or you would keep Duke Johnson over Moss?

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

It would be cool to get a draft pick back for Cam Lewis or Nick McCloud, given that the Bills are reasonably unlikely to sneak both players through to the practice squad.

I'd suggest trying to get a 7th out of the Giants for Lewis, but Schoen is probably smart enough to call that bluff and just let the Bills cut him.

I think it would be highly unwise to trade away the third best edge rusher -- and likely the best right defensive end -- on the roster, just as he appears to be starting to live up to his draft potential.

That's obviously TBD.

Epenesa had a great preseason/camp last year and awesome game in week 2 against the Dolphins but then seemingly disappeared the rest of the way.

I still think he's a bit too small for DE and another guy probably better suited in a 3-4 style defense as an OLB.

At this point I still like Basham over him as the 3rd DE option, possibly even Shaq Lawson who I've waffled back and forth on in terms of being on the bubble.

• Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.