Cody Ford to Arizona

aristocrat

Great comments in the thread already. Dude will need to acclimate to HEAT ..it is  a weather and  cultural shift to a town like Phoenix which is a HUGE sprawling city with dry heat. I lived there and promptly moved as quickly as I possibly could. For he the  NFL player I wish him well. Beanie is a straight up Baller in contract deal negotiations. Mad respect for him.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

It's Beane's version of getting comp picks

Its draft capital. Assets. Having extra 6th round draft capital gave Beane the ability to jump ahead of other potential suitors to snag Shakir- who may turn out to be the steal of the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I feel like Beane should issue a formal apology for not striking hold on every single pick.  Even though the current draft is looking like an end to end winner and most of the team are starters from this draft, Beane really messed up taking a projected 1st rounder in the 2nd and flipping him for a 5th instead of cutting him.  

We also need to make sure we are demanding the same from the teams who had to outright release bust first rounders this past month.  

• Haha (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, eball said:

Aaron Kromer turned him into a trade-able asset.

Doesn't forgive the original bad draft pick, but this is Beane at his best.

They also traded a 5th to Oakland in that 2019 draft to move up two spots to draft him, so they basically got that 5th back.

• Like (+1) 1

Still trying to figure out how we manage to keep 11 guys in the secondary, when historically it's been 9:

Hyde, Poyer, Tre, Taron, Dane, Elam, Benford, Neal, Johnson, Hamlin, and Lewis.  

I want to see us keep all 11, don't see it happening though.  With Lewis cross training at S, wonder if that points to:

1. Either promoting his trade value OR

2. Johnson (last yr on contract) or Hamlin (I think better long term than Johnson) is maybe on the move

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.