Cody Ford to Arizona

aristocrat

1 minute ago, eball said:

Oh it was snarky as hell, I freely admit.  And not really directed at you, so I apologize.  I have had it up to you-know-where with the incessant rehashing of the Cody Ford pick.  It’s a horse that was dead a long time ago, yet keeps being beaten.  To some that apparently means they are “keeping it real” with respect to Beane.  To me it’s just a lot of wasted breath.  All GMs make some terrible decisions; what separates the good and great ones is recognizing those mistakes, doing what they can to correct them, and making a hell of a lot of other great decisions that make up for the occasional miss.

And that is the last post I will write in this thread.

Go Bills!

Thank you for the apology. This is probably a thread you should avoid then if that's how you feel being it's a thread about Cody Ford it's a solid chance it gets brought up. 

Anyway, we all good and again, appreciate the apology

7 hours ago, BillsVet said:

When their top off-season acquisitions are Rodger Saffold, OJ Howard, and Jamison Crowder.  

Would you feel better if the Chiefs acquired Von Miller and then had to settle for some role player Free Agents on Offense while we went out and signed MVS and Juju?

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Would you feel better if the Chiefs acquired Von Miller and then had to settle for some role player Free Agents on Offense while we went out and signed MVS and Juju?

Yeah I can't make sense of it. No idea why anyone that looks at this offense that now has the receiving threat out the back field in Cook along with what Shakir has shown and say they are not keeping pace on offense and be serious. Past couple seasons they already were one of the best offenses in the league

It makes me feel like it might be bull pooping seeing what people will say? 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah I can't make sense of it. No idea why anyone that looks at this offense that now has the receiving threat out the back field in Cook along with what Shakir has shown and say they are not keeping pace on offense and be serious. Past couple seasons they already were one of the best offenses in the league

It makes me feel like it might be bull pooping seeing what people will say? 

just consider the source.  the guy has had a weird hard on for this staff since day one.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BillsVet said:

I don't live or die on likes.  This ain't some mindless Twitter post where people crave validation for their thoughts.    

My criticism is directed toward how this franchise values and allocates picks/UFA dollars on offense.  And I suspect how they'll scheme the offense this season.

Josh covers up a lot of their offensive deficit in skill players and this will become evident when they try to balance out their run-pass play-calls. 

Another big issue is their skill players aside from Diggs aren't blazers.  Last season in more than 1100 offensive snaps they had just 2 plays more than 50 yards.  

And I know about Davis' Divisional round game where he broke a few.  This season he moves up to be a Z from that 3rd option he'd been before.  He's never had a catch rate over 57% and now faces better coverage.   

The AFC is quickly become dominated by the teams who not only have the QB, but feature 3 and 4 receiving options.  Compared to Cincinnati, the Chargers, and KC, Buffalo is not keeping pace offensively nor do I expect their defense to get to the playoffs and shut offenses down.  Defenses can't do that anymore

The Rams won the Super Bowl by giving up 21 points per game while in the playoffs.

The Bengals got to the Super Bowl by giving up 19 points per game while in the playoffs.

Nope, defenses can't do that anymore lol.

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I get why there are Bills homers on here that twist facts to be optimistic about our team. I don't get why there are people like you, anti-homers that perform mental gymnastics to make the Bills look worse and our rivals look better. No the Chiefs did not prioritize offense when they traded away their best skill position player and replaced him with two lesser players, then drafted a pass rusher and a CB with their top 2 picks. Before you try to argue against that, stop. Think. Nobody except Chiefs homers and weird anti-homers like you would try to make that argument.

The Mahomes/Reid Chiefs have been to 2 Super Bowls and won one of them.

They have knocked the Bills out of the playoffs each of the past two seasons.

They get the benefit of the doubt over McBeane because of that...............that's how victory works.

But they also have built arguably the most talented offensive line in football over the course of the last 16 months or so.     

The Bills are choosing to add that kind of talent to their defense instead of their offense..............and then instead add a lot of spare parts and value draft picks to their offense.     The investment on the defensive side of the ball has been lopsided.    There is no arguing against this........dollars and high draft picks are the big chips in the NFL personnel biz.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, BillsVet said:

The coaches and front office handling of Ford really casts into doubt their "failing" forward approach on players, especially picks.

And, he's the highest drafted OLineman they've taken in 6 drafts which supports my contention that they struggle to identify and develop offensive personnel.      

This is the way of the Bills, who historically do not place a high priority on blockers. Ralph drafted players in order to "put fannies in the seats." Marv had a fetish for defensive backs, even before the rule changes which favor the passing game. McDermott didn't want Mahommes, the wanted Tre White.

The good news? The Jets are following suit. They passed on LT Evan Neal for a corner at freaking #4, who played at a group of 5 school. He might be "good" but he was certainly not well tested in college and oh.....they just lost their LT for the season. It is hard to believe that professional football people could be so stupid.

The great news? We have Josh Allen, who if he stays healthy has a great shot at the HOF. I just want the Bills management to care more about protecting this kid and giving weapons. Is this asking too much?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

The great news? We have Josh Allen, who if he stays healthy has a great shot at the HOF. I just want the Bills management to care more about protecting this kid and giving weapons. Is this asking too much?

You'd think that after paying Josh 40M+ for 6 seasons they'd put better talent in front of him so he's less likely to get hurt.  I guess they figure running it more and taking the ball out of his hands is the safer approach.  We'll see.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Here's what he said before the Von Miller signing.  

On 1/24/2022 at 10:50 AM, BillsVet said:

We're talking about a player who can change the direction of a game on DL, not decent types like those 3 you mentioned.  They're all OK, but not difference makers.

McD wants 8-9 Dlinemen who he can rotate because that's his out-dated scheme and he doesn't know anything else.  But it'd be nice to have a real pass rusher who can get to the QB rather than 2-3 JAGs like McD thinks as a rotation is better than 1 elite type. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Just now, BillsVet said:

You'd think that after paying Josh 40M+ for 6 seasons they'd put better talent in front of him so he's less likely to get hurt.  I guess they figure running it more and taking the ball out of his hands is the safer approach.  We'll see.   

Seems to me like they've made substantial investments in the oline with Dawkins, Morse, and Bates- and then going after Saffold.  Drafting Spencer Brown and bringing in depth with starting experience.

Yes, we will see.  I wouldn't bet on one of the most pass happy teams in the league to "take the ball out of Allen's hands."

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Here's what he said before the Von Miller signing.  

You've got a lot of time on your hands...and thanks for following me around like a lost puppy.  :lol:

I've never criticized the Miller signing and won't because they needed a bona-fide pass rusher because McBeane could (EDIT: not) find one in at least 4 off-seasons.

But context is key.  Buffalo kept sinking picks and UFA dollars into that DL and still couldn't pressure with their front 4 as evidenced by the Divisional game. 

Doesn't remove the fact their top investment and best player remains Josh.  And they did very little to support him besides another highly drafted RB and some 1 year UFA deals to aging veterans.  

Edited by BillsVet
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

You've got a lot of time on your hands...and thanks for following me around like a lost puppy.  :lol:

I've never criticized the Miller signing and won't because they needed a bona-fide pass rusher because McBeane could (EDIT: not) find one in at least 4 off-seasons.

But context is key.  Buffalo kept sinking picks and UFA dollars into that DL and still couldn't pressure with their front 4 as evidenced by the Divisional game. 

Doesn't remove the fact their top investment and best player remains Josh.  And they did very little to support him besides another highly drafted RB and some 1 year UFA deals to aging veterans.  

Hopefully one of these years we'll fix the offense!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

Dion Dawkins is one of the top paid LT in the league.

Mitch Morse is one of the top paid C in the league.

We signed Roger Saffold.

We didn't allow Ryan Bates to go to Chicago.

We used a day 2 pick on Spencer Brown.

Our offensive line played very well towards the end of the season.  We were executing both in the pass and run game.  Our offense was incredibly in our last 2 playoff games but we "can't keep up" with the Chargers and Chiefs lol?  If the Bills would have traded Stefon Diggs and brought in two lesser WR, you would have criticized McBeane.  The Chiefs trade Hill and bring in two lesser WR...great move!

Our DL was one of the top units in pressuring the QB.  We just needed a finisher and got one but you still complain.  

If the Divisional game shows we still can't get pressure then the AFCCG shows the Chiefs made a mistake trading away Hill because they couldn't score on the Bengals below average defense and now they got worse.....see I can use one game as "evidence".

10 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Hopefully one of these years we'll fix the offense!

We just can't score!

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Dion Dawkins is one of the top paid LT in the league.

Mitch Morse is one of the top paid C in the league.

We signed Roger Saffold.

We didn't allow Ryan Bates to go to Chicago.

We used a day 2 pick on Spencer Brown.

Our offensive line played very well towards the end of the season.  We were executing both in the pass and run game.  Our offense was incredibly in our last 2 playoff games but we "can't keep up" with the Chargers and Chiefs lol?  If the Bills would have traded Stefon Diggs and brought in two lesser WR, you would have criticized McBeane.  The Chiefs trade Hill and bring in two lesser WR...great move!

Our DL was one of the top units in pressuring the QB.  We just needed a finisher and got one but you still complain.  

If the Divisional game shows we still can't get pressure then the AFCCG shows the Chiefs made a mistake trading away Hill because they couldn't score on the Bengals below average defense and now they got worse.....see I can use one game as "evidence".

We just can't score!

Also, you can add that we invested in bringing in one of the leagues best oline coaches.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Seems to me like they've made substantial investments in the oline with Dawkins, Morse, and Bates- and then going after Saffold.  Drafting Spencer Brown and bringing in depth with starting experience.

Yes, we will see.  I wouldn't bet on one of the most pass happy teams in the league to "take the ball out of Allen's hands."

I don't think philosophically McD and Daboll saw eye to eye on offense.  Buffalo threw the ball 57% of the time last season and I can't see McD liked that imbalance.

It's why they went after an IOL who is suited toward run blocking and drafted (another) RB high.  We're going to see, but achieving offensive balance in this era is not always a good thing especially when you have an MVP candidate caliber QB.  

2 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

I don't think philosophically McD and Daboll saw eye to eye on offense.  Buffalo threw the ball 57% of the time last season and I can't see McD liked that imbalance.

It's why they went after an IOL who is suited toward run blocking and drafted (another) RB high.  We're going to see, but achieving offensive balance in this era is not always a good thing especially when you have an MVP candidate caliber QB.  

I don't think pass to run ratio will change much, but we were woefully unable to sustain any running game when we did for much of the season. We relied on QB designed runs too much ass well.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.