Cody Ford to Arizona

aristocrat

31 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Typical eball, don’t pay him much mind.

Guess he just got an attitude because he took offense for some reason when I quoted him in a different thread in a joking yet friendly way I assumed would be obvious. But same as that time for some reason he interpreted wrong. 

But anyways, water under the bridge 

1 hour ago, eball said:

You are correct, but do we REALLY need a gazillion posts rehashing the bad pick?

Do you ever tire of creating ridiculous takes like that? :lol:

It's literally a thread about the player going out the door..........if ever there is a time for that discussion it's clearly now.

Your problem is that you built your identity as a fan very unnecessarily on the foundation that you would show your loyalty by not being critical of ownership or management.......even to the point of making up nonsense to defend them.

And then you being the smooth customer you are..............you finally chose to draw the line at the hiring of McDermott and Beane. :lol:

Rather than just admitting you were wrong and adopting the higher standards and growth mindset of the HC and GM like a sane sports fan...........you are trying to go back to being the pointlessly relentless apologist.    Once you've been a skeptic........you can't fit back into that role without being a phony.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsVet said:

The coaches and front office handling of Ford really casts into doubt their "failing" forward approach on players, especially picks.

And, he's the highest drafted OLineman they've taken in 6 drafts which supports my contention that they struggle to identify and develop offensive personnel.  They nailed the Josh pick, but there is no other drafted player on that side of the ball who I'd say is a Pro Bowl caliber player.  At least not right now.    

OK.  You used the "drafted" player to conveniently leave out Diggs.  Every one will agree (Beane included) Ford was a bust.

Of all the other 3rd round and later picks that were used on the offense since Josh Allen (I'm sure you have to look them up),

what is your pro bowl caliber percentage chart that tells you many.  How many other "pro bowl" caliber players should he have drafted?

What is the GM +/- you are using to compare Beane?  Please show your work.  If you can convince me of your facts, I'll give you a "like". 

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What is the point you are trying to make with your handwringing about the Cody Ford departure?

WTF?  You're just weird in your takes sometimes.

I didn't think we'd regret Teller's departure.  Neither did a lot of people.  There's a lot of hindsight in critiquing Beane for that move.

My0 point is that it would be amusing if the same proved true of Ford (that the lightbulb went on for him after leaving).  I don't expect or anticipate that outcome, but we both know what would happen here if it went down that way.

You made up a lie about him not playing guard in camp or preseason as a rookie to try to shoutdown the FACT that Wyatt Teller was traded because Ford having to play guard created a glut at the position.   Someone had to go.

Did Ford see snaps at guard in games his rookie season?  No, he did not.  Whether he played snaps at guard during camp or preseason is immaterial and was not addressed by me.  At the point Teller was traded, just before the season, Ford was slotted in as RT for the season, not as a guard.

You mention "glut" at guard.  Logic: one dude who heads for the season slotted to play RT as a rookie, does not create a "glut" at guard requiring a pre-53-man cutdown trade.

You need....wait for it...an excess of guys who are actually slotted into playing guard...to do that 🙄

Perhaps you should look up the word "lie" in a dictionary.  I do not think it matches your use of the term

Read Brandon Beane's press conference transcript..........like I said........Beane admitted that he dropped the ball.......questioned his process, that we all were able to view on Bills Embedded...........and is taking responsibility for it rather than pretending he just did everything right and it didn't work out.  

Yes, actually, I'm one of the people who pointed that out.

It doesn't impact the point that drafting Ford, who played RT as a rookie, did not create a glut at guard and lead to trading teller.

I think maybe some of you rush to defend every move Beane makes because you are people who are used to making excuses for yourself and not being accountable as a method of self preservation. he WAS wrong about making a pick like Cody Ford. 

I'm sure your takes make you sound very wise to yourself.  But veering into personal attacks is actually not an impressive debate strategy.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

OK.  You used the "drafted" player to conveniently leave out Diggs.  Every one will agree (Beane included) Ford was a bust.

Of all the other 3rd round and later picks that were used on the offense since Josh Allen (I'm sure you have to look them up),

what is your pro bowl caliber percentage chart that tells you many.  How many other "pro bowl" caliber players should he have drafted?

What is the GM +/- you are using to compare Beane?  Please show your work.  If you can convince me of your facts, I'll give you a "like". 

I don't live or die on likes.  This ain't some mindless Twitter post where people crave validation for their thoughts.    

My criticism is directed toward how this franchise values and allocates picks/UFA dollars on offense.  And I suspect how they'll scheme the offense this season.

Josh covers up a lot of their offensive deficit in skill players and this will become evident when they try to balance out their run-pass play-calls. 

Another big issue is their skill players aside from Diggs aren't blazers.  Last season in more than 1100 offensive snaps they had just 2 plays more than 50 yards.  

And I know about Davis' Divisional round game where he broke a few.  This season he moves up to be a Z from that 3rd option he'd been before.  He's never had a catch rate over 57% and now faces better coverage.   

The AFC is quickly become dominated by the teams who not only have the QB, but feature 3 and 4 receiving options.  Compared to Cincinnati, the Chargers, and KC, Buffalo is not keeping pace offensively nor do I expect their defense to get to the playoffs and shut offenses down.  Defenses can't do that anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

My criticism is directed toward how this franchise values and allocates picks/UFA dollars on offense.  And I suspect how they'll scheme the offense this season.

OK, but that's different then the statement you made.  You insinuated that of the players Beane drafted there should be more "pro bowlers".

I just ask, how many more?

41 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

I don't live or die on likes.  This ain't some mindless Twitter post where people crave validation for their thoughts.    

Josh covers up a lot of their offensive deficit in skill players and this will become evident when they try to balance out their run-pass play-calls. 

Another big issue is their skill players aside from Diggs aren't blazers.  Last season in more than 1100 offensive snaps they had just 2 plays more than 50 yards.  

And I know about Davis' Divisional round game where he broke a few.  This season he moves up to be a Z from that 3rd option he'd been before.  He's never had a catch rate over 57% and now faces better coverage.   

The AFC is quickly become dominated by the teams who not only have the QB, but feature 3 and 4 receiving options.  Compared to Cincinnati, the Chargers, and KC, Buffalo is not keeping pace offensively nor do I expect their defense to get to the playoffs and shut offenses down.  Defenses can't do that anymore. 

I would say that digs himself really isn’t classified as a burner he’s a Precise route runner and what the bills did was get lucky with Gabe Davis who looks like he is about to break out in my opinion it doesn’t matter where you get the talent from as long as you get it to me one of the least allocated places the bills have is the ol Their highest drafted player was a second round pick but if they make chicken dinner out of that line with coaching can’t complain there either

2 hours ago, QCity said:

Nah, don't worry about Elam. If he doesn't work out we can just trade him for a 5th in 3 years. It'll be brilliant.

We've become so spoiled as a fan base.  My god.  There hasn't been one GM worth a damn in history who hasn't whiffed on a high draft pick.

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

WTF?  You're just weird in your takes sometimes.

I didn't think we'd regret Teller's departure.  Neither did a lot of people.  There's a lot of hindsight in critiquing Beane for that move.

My0 point is that it would be amusing if the same proved true of Ford (that the lightbulb went on for him after leaving).  I don't expect or anticipate that outcome, but we both know what would happen here if it went down that way.

Did Ford see snaps at guard in games his rookie season?  No, he did not.  Whether he played snaps at guard during camp or preseason is immaterial and was not addressed by me.  At the point Teller was traded, just before the season, Ford was slotted in as RT for the season, not as a guard.

You mention "glut" at guard.  Logic: one dude who heads for the season slotted to play RT as a rookie, does not create a "glut" at guard requiring a pre-53-man cutdown trade.

You need....wait for it...an excess of guys who are actually slotted into playing guard...to do that 🙄

Perhaps you should look up the word "lie" in a dictionary.  I do not think it matches your use of the term

Yes, actually, I'm one of the people who pointed that out.

It doesn't impact the point that drafting Ford, who played RT as a rookie, did not create a glut at guard and lead to trading teller.

I'm sure your takes make you sound very wise to yourself.  But veering into personal attacks is actually not an impressive debate strategy.

Ford did in fact play A LOT of guard in the preseason..........you claimed he did not..........that's a fact and you are quoted in my response to your "this is a horsesh*t" take" post to @Coach Tuesday.

Now you are lying about it.

The original plan coming into camp, of course,  was for Ford to be the RT and for Nsekhe to be a swing tackle.

But Ford struggled at tackle in camp and Nsekhe played very well........Nsekhe was going to win the RT job handily..........so not wanting to leave their highly invested pick on the bench Ford was moved to guard and that was going to be the starting right side of the Bills OL.    They actually looked good as a tandem.

With Nsekhe not available as the swing tackle any longer they felt they had to keep the more position versatile options..........and all of the other "guard" options that were kept were those guys.    Ryan Bates technically became the swing tackle.

But Nsekhe started coming apart at the seams physically before the opener and the two ended up having to job share the snaps at RT for much of the season(until Nsekhe went out long term) and Jon Feliciano went from being the backup to Cody Ford at guard to playing almost every snap of every game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

OK, but that's different then the statement you made.  You insinuated that of the players Beane drafted there should be more "pro bowlers".

I just ask, how many more?

I'm thinking you're just dense and deliberately missing the point now.  

Enough so Josh isn't running the ball 9 times a game like he did from Week 13 through the Division Round.  Enough so they can have more than 1 top end option at WR.  Enough to keep pace with other AFC teams they'll meet in the playoffs.    

They aren't talented enough at offensive skill positions, notably WR and TE.  

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

My exact problem with their approach… the rules won’t allow for a dominant defense. You’ll get flagged way too often and easily. 

That's right and have really taken it too far I think. I know they want more points/excitement/etc, but defense is and always has been exciting too (for me anyways).

Really hard for the DBs especially. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

Compared to Cincinnati, the Chargers, and KC, Buffalo is not keeping pace offensively

Really?!? What gives you that impression that Bills are not keeping pace offensively? Bills offense is more loaded than ever this season. Where do you get they aren't keeping pace? 

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Compared to the team that traded away their elite #1 WR and used their two 1st round picks on defensive players, the Bills aren't keeping pace offensively. Okay.

You think Hill is worth 30M per? On a team where they're paying Mahomes?  Where they took the money saved this season on Hill and spent it on 2 receivers in UFA and used 2 of those acquired picks on defense?  

I'll trust the HC who fleeced McD 5 years ago to build an offense.  

10 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Really?!? What gives you that impression that Bills are not keeping pace offensively? Bills offense is more loaded than ever this season. Where do you get they aren't keeping pace? 

When their top off-season acquisitions are Rodger Saffold, OJ Howard, and Jamison Crowder.  

• Eyeroll 2

16 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

You think Hill is worth 30M per? On a team where they're paying Mahomes?  Where they took the money saved this season on Hill and spent it on 2 receivers in UFA and used 2 of those acquired picks on defense?  

I'll trust the HC who fleeced McD 5 years ago to build an offense.  

I get why there are Bills homers on here that twist facts to be optimistic about our team. I don't get why there are people like you, anti-homers that perform mental gymnastics to make the Bills look worse and our rivals look better. No the Chiefs did not prioritize offense when they traded away their best skill position player and replaced him with two lesser players, then drafted a pass rusher and a CB with their top 2 picks. Before you try to argue against that, stop. Think. Nobody except Chiefs homers and weird anti-homers like you would try to make that argument.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

When their top off-season acquisitions are Rodger Saffold, OJ Howard, and Jamison Crowder.  

So those 3 signings is what made you somehow come to conclusion that Bills aren't keeping pace? They  now have a weapon in Cook along with Shakir playing amazing. The offense has kept pace just fine and are one of the best in the NFL. 

I can't understand how you can say a top 3 offense isn't keeping pace

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Dude it's a message board (see how that works for me also). I'm allowed to think he was given a year or so too long. Your quote comes off as snarky and puffing your chest out for some reason. I'm not Scott Law so I'd appreciate if you don't address me as such.

I find it hard for you to disagree that it was clear for the past couple years that it was unlikely Ford was going to improve much if any at all. So yes, I thought he was given at least 1 chance too many.

Oh it was snarky as hell, I freely admit.  And not really directed at you, so I apologize.  I have had it up to you-know-where with the incessant rehashing of the Cody Ford pick.  It’s a horse that was dead a long time ago, yet keeps being beaten.  To some that apparently means they are “keeping it real” with respect to Beane.  To me it’s just a lot of wasted breath.  All GMs make some terrible decisions; what separates the good and great ones is recognizing those mistakes, doing what they can to correct them, and making a hell of a lot of other great decisions that make up for the occasional miss.

And that is the last post I will write in this thread.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.