Cody Ford to Arizona

aristocrat

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think nobody thought a 5th was possible. It was at the higher end of what was possible but there were lots of us who thought it likely he'd be moved for a day 3 pick. I'd probably have said a 6th or a 7th tbh. Maybe a conditonal 5th of he met performance escalators. 

I do think it is about the best they could have done to rescue this situation, but it was always a possible scenario.

Nobody thought it possible before Kromer was hired.  If you can find some pre-Kromer posts proving otherwise be my guest.

35 minutes ago, eball said:

It's not strange at all...you want to eviscerate Beane for a bad pick three years ago, and my question is "what is he supposed to do?"  He turned chicken s-h-i-t just a couple of months ago into a 5th round draft pick -- something NOBODY on this board would have thought possible.

If that's not acknowledging your mistake and turning it into a positive moving forward I don't know what is.

What point are YOU trying to prove, other than to be a contrarian?

Your histrionics aside, no, I don't.  I just told you what I thought of your usual fawning conclusion:  simply put, not his best work.  That's hardly being "contrarian" for its own sake.  

You, on the other hand,  are stuck introducing  "evisceration" and "torture" as the only alternative conclusions... 

Goodbye GIF

I feel bad for my kid, when we went to training camp in 2019 she begged me to buy her a football for signatures. So she got Ray Ray McCloud, Harrison Phillips, Cody Ford, Trent Murphy and Jordan Poyer. I broke the news to her today that only Poyer is left and we might not re-sign him next year. She gave me the ball.

• Haha (+1) 1

Injury prone, not really that good, probably would have been cut... nice trade here by Beane. The underlying issue here was drafting him in the first place. Don't get me wrong, Beane has done a great job drafting and not every pick can be a winner, but I think our front office struggles to find offensive linemen both in the draft and in free agency.

30 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

Goodbye GIF

I feel bad for my kid, when we went to training camp in 2019 she begged me to buy her a football for signatures. So she got Ray Ray McCloud, Harrison Phillips, Cody Ford, Trent Murphy and Jordan Poyer. I broke the news to her today that only Poyer is left and we might not re-sign him next year. She gave me the ball.

Poyer and Harrison Phillips have been great Bills the latter more for off the field things than on, they all eventually leave one day.

Edited by Warcodered

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It clearly bothers you😅

Not likely, he and we just marvel at such a dismal outlook of one’s supposed favorite sport to enjoy, 

It clearly bothers you😂

17 minutes ago, JoshAllensShorts said:

Injury prone, not really that good, probably would have been cut... nice trade here by Beane. The underlying issue here was drafting him in the first place. Don't get me wrong, Beane has done a great job drafting and not every pick can be a winner, but I think our front office struggles to find offensive linemen both in the draft and in free agency.

I believe this front office is smart about staggering contracts. While most see this season as SB or bust, I think they're biggest M.O. is sustainability and I'm willing to bet they plan on building a killer Oline next year....and maybe a LB...

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Your histrionics aside, no, I don't.  I just told you what I thought of your usual fawning conclusion:  simply put, not his best work.  That's hardly being "contrarian" for its own sake.  

You, on the other hand,  are stuck introducing  "evisceration" and "torture" as the only alternative conclusions... 

You still haven’t answered the question. It looks like you want Beane to publicly apologize for the draft pick or something. It’s curious how you and a few others want to put down a guy who has built the Bills into a powerhouse. 

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It was sunk cost. The pick wasn’t a win. Trading up to acquire him wasn’t a win. Getting a 5th round pick back for him was a win. All of those things are true. 

Getting a 5th for Ford isn't the worst thing. Outright releasing Ford isn't the worst thing. Continuing to feed snaps to Ford based on his draft status rather than his production is the worst thing. A lot of front offices would calculate things that way; thank goodness the Bills don't have one of those.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Dude is clearly triggered by some of the criticism Beane is getting here….

It’s barely even criticism - if you question the orthodoxy of this trade being evidence of Beane’s “amazingness,” you’re a nit-picking hater.  Then again this is eball every August, you can set your watch to it.  

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Agree 1

My two cents...

I know it falls on Beane ultimately, but there was major input from the O-Line coach at the time, scouts, etc.   Now do I think Kromer recommends drafting cement feet with short arms, no, I think he wants someone more athletic. 

It is the whole trust your staff to help you make the best decision.  

Worst case, the 3 guys in bold are not available for the 1st week.  Arbitrarily put the new 2 on 4 week IR for this OMG exercise.

Ford gone, Mancz … who knows

G Boettger IR

T Brown ‘improve over the coming days …weeks‘ (McDermott)

C/G Mancz. OL Greg Mancz left Bills practice early and was carted back to the locker room after he was looked at by trainers.

remember, McD is insistent on having a game day backup Center

must admit, I have never watched Capra but Tenuta, well, you can’t miss.  

The ones between the bread, make the team - at least for a week +.

G Capra. PS

G Saffold

G Van Roten

G/T Hart (would play as Guard)

C/G Bates

C Morse

T Anderson

T Doyle

T/G Quessenberry

T Dawkins

T Tenuta. PS

This is what we may be looking at, given unknown injury to Mancz, vague assessment of Brown and UNK of Boettger

would change a lot as they come off IR

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Many of the "TV's" in the NFL are dead on arrival or don't last very long at all, it's basically hit or miss and have no idea no matter how closely you check it out no idea if you're getting a good one.   So basically, the Bills got the life expectancy out of Ford. 

You left out the part where the picture on the TV looked like hell from Day 1, two TV repairmen with an awesome set of tools couldn't fix it and you mistakenly got rid of a very good Tellervision because you were counting on the pricier one to work better.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, eball said:

You still haven’t answered the question. It looks like you want Beane to publicly apologize for the draft pick or something. It’s curious how you and a few others want to put down a guy who has built the Bills into a powerhouse. 

No, it really doesn't.  I can't figure if you willfully misunderstand what is being discussed.

I'm saying (over and over) that, given the circumstances under which he was picked versus what they needed and was available (cost) and what they ultimately got out of for him (return), your claim that this is Beane "at his best" is incredibly weak.

It's your lame take that I take issue with--I've made that clear several times, your attempts to ignore that and make it about evisceration and torture and now "public apologize" not withstanding.

I can't make this simpler for you.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

25 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Trade Edmunds to the Squeelers, so he can have a family reunion..

I wonder what assets Jets HC Robert Saleh would trade for him. He did call Edmunds a “unicorn” and said the league hasn’t seen someone like him since the likes of Brian Urlacher…

• Vomit 1

7 minutes ago, hemma said:

Worst case, the 3 guys in bold are not available for the 1st week.  Arbitrarily put the new 2 on 4 week IR for this OMG exercise.

Ford gone, Mancz … who knows

G Boettger IR

T Brown ‘improve over the coming days …weeks‘ (McDermott)

C/G Mancz. OL Greg Mancz left Bills practice early and was carted back to the locker room after he was looked at by trainers.

remember, McD is insistent on having a game day backup Center

must admit, I have never watched Capra but Tenuta, well, you can’t miss.  

The ones between the bread, make the team - at least for a week +.

G Capra. PS

G Saffold

G Van Roten

G/T Hart (would play as Guard)

C/G Bates

C Morse

T Anderson

T Doyle

T/G Quessenberry

T Dawkins

T Tenuta. PS

This is what we may be looking at, given unknown injury to Mancz, vague assessment of Brown and UNK of Boettger

would change a lot as they come off IR

I think Anderson has a future here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.