Cody Ford to Arizona

aristocrat

58 minutes ago, stevewin said:

The recent Athletic article with Dion calling out his attitude, pouting etc. I thought was striking.  Not a process guy apparently

Yes and he interviewed very well so his attitude changed after he was drafted.

If he had that type of attutude Beane would not have drafted him.

I know it’s probably pretty rare in the NFL but with ford gone I wonder if the bills would consider keeping only 8 on the oline since the 9th is always inactive on game day anyway. We don’t really have a developmental prospect on the oline like we do at other positions. 

this would assume the top 8 oline are healthy going into the season but with Dawkins, saffold, Morse, bates, and brown starting then quessenberry, mancz, and Doyle you have versatile backups. 

mancz can play all 3 interior positions, quessenberry and Doyle can play 4 out of 5 and in a pinch bates can play all 5.

you can get Anderson and van rotten, and hart on practice squad to call up in case of long term injury.

this frees up a spot to keep a cam Lewis, Brandin Bryant, hodgins, or blackshear on the active roster 

Edited by khlax3

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I am not the one calling Beane a “genius wizard God-man” - he’s a very good GM.  Period.  He ain’t the best; he’s far from the worst.  That’s ok and maybe we should just accept it.

He's top 5 without question.  That's good enough for me.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I am not the one calling Beane a “genius wizard God-man” - he’s a very good GM.  Period.  He ain’t the best; he’s far from the worst.  That’s ok and maybe we should just accept it.

Fans call a rookie punter a 'GOD".  What's your point.  Continue with your "critique" of Beane all you want.

You are in a very small minority and that goes throughout the entire NFL world.

This is an interesting move considering how well Ford has performed in Camp/preseason and all the hype about Kromer being the change that was needed to get him to finally perform up to his potential.

With that said, it proves that camp/preseason doesn't mean much which is why I also expect more similar moves with guys like Moss and/or Epenesa being dangled as trade bait if similar draft picks are being offered in return.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

33 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

You’re not looking at this the right way.

Yes, he was a 2nd round pick and we figured out that he’s not good enough to start pretty quickly. It was a miss and every GM misses.

Every GM doesn’t, however, get value back for their missed picks. Usually, you just have to cut guys when you miss.

That makes this a win.

Are you sure? I'd like to see the actual number. The fact is we've seen plenty of busts across the league traded over the years.

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Actually he has been rated the best during his time here, 

1 minute ago, khlax3 said:

I know it’s probably pretty rare in the NFL but with ford gone I wonder if the bills would consider keeping only 8 on the oline since the 9th is always inactive on game day anyway. We don’t really have a developmental prospect on the oline like we do at other positions. 

this would assume the top 8 oline are healthy going into the season but with Dawkins, saffold, Morse, bates, and brown starting then quessenberry, mancz, and Doyle you have versatile backups. 

mancz can play all 3 interior positions, quessenberry and Doyle can play 4 out of 5 and in a pinch bates can play all 5.

you can get Anderson and van rotten, and hart on practice squad to call up in case of long term injury.

this frees up a spot to keep a cam Lewis, Brandin Bryant, hodgins, or blackshear on the active roster 

Brown isn’t there yet.  McDermott just talk about bringing him along over the next ‘days and weeks’.  I don’t think you could even plan on him as the float for awhile.

Mancz just got hurt in practice.  No Idea how bad.  

We are suddenly light.

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

This is an interesting move considering how well Ford has performed in Camp/preseason and all the hype about Kromer being the change that was needed to get him to finally perform up to his potential.

With that said, it proves that camp/preseason doesn't mean much which is why I also expect more similar moves with guys like Moss and/or Epenesa being dangled as trade bait if similar draft picks are being offered in return.

Ford isn’t a fit athletically. This trade was mostly about fit. I think we’re going to see a lot more screens this year. Ford is a power run blocker. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Fans call a rookie punter a 'GOD".  What's your point.  Continue with your "critique" of Beane all you want.

You are in a very small minority and that goes throughout the entire NFL world.

I don’t mind being in the minority.  I’m responding to the folks proclaiming Beane a “wizard” for getting a 5th rounder for Ford.  If you think that’s the “very big majority” consensus, that’s great for you.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, 947 said:

Boettger is coming off a torn achilles, I honestly doubt he'll play again. Very few linemen have played again after that injury, and the ones that did were shadows of their old self.

With Ford gone & Mancz possibly out long term, I suspect we'll be looking at cuts for a replacement OG.

Yeah, nobody comes back from the Achilles on the O-line. Take Jason Peters and his Achilles team in 2012, he's sucked since except almost certainly earning his way to the Hall of Fame. Terrell Suggs. Vince Wilfork.

Sure, there's a chance he'll never come back, or that if he does he'll be a "shadow of himself." But there's also a possibility he'll be fine. As is generally so, we'll have to wait and see.

40 minutes ago, Simon said:

He's not picking nits or saying Beane is a bad GM.

He's just pointing out that calling the final resolution of a multi-tiered mistake "amazing" is nonsensical and over the top.

This. There's plenty of moves to praise Beane over, but this is not one of them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The more surprising aspect for me is that Beane got a 5th for a guy on the last year of his rookie deal.  

With Saffold on a 1 year deal, I’ve always suspected the plan all along was to spend a Top 100 pick on the OL next draft, maybe even a double dip depending on how they handle the S and LB positions. 

No point in extending Cody Ford to be depth, nor would he probably have accepted a depth OL contract from us… and it sounds like we had no interest in even offering. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.