Cody Ford to Arizona

aristocrat

19 minutes ago, 947 said:

Boettger is coming off a torn achilles, I honestly doubt he'll play again. Very few linemen have played again after that injury, and the ones that did were shadows of their old self.

With Ford gone & Mancz possibly out long term, I suspect we'll be looking at cuts for a replacement OG.

Brown is still recovering too, so we’re suddenly down 3 depth OL (Brown, Mancz, Ford )+ Boettger.

I guess getting a 5th next year promotes excitement, but the timing is unfortunate.

Thankfully,  Kromer is here.

Edited by hemma

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Moss is losing steam in whipping boy status I think 

Elam gaining steam

Edmunds holding steady 

losing Haack hurts but we will find a replacement 

Most of the flack for Haack, Moss and Edmunds has been justified.

Though I think its a little overboard on Edmunds. 

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

This probably won't be the last Beane does...The vultures are already circling waiting for our cuts. 

I wonder what the odds are that we actually use that pick vs using it as a chip to move around. That is Bean’s M.O. Keep picking up those little chips to use to get that one guy they like but don’t think he will drop all the way to him. 

• Agree 2

24 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Remember too that Ike Boettger is on IR.  When he comes back, likely whoever takes Cody's spot will be demoted.

If anyone knows how the rehab going it would be Beane and his boys.  I hope it works out that way.

As to the trade.  All the Beane haters (yes, they are still out there) would say the following:

If Beane released Ford at cutdown:  Bad pick but Beane should have got at least a 7th for him!

Brandon is constantly learning his job as any good GM will do.  I'm sure he learned something about the Cody Ford pick and will

avoid that going forward the best he can.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Hey admit your mistake and get something for it. It happens.  I’ll take missing on a G instead of a qb.

also, Arizona is just rebuilding Kyler’s Oklahoma team. That little guy runs that Franchise. He is probably making trades on madden and telling the GM what to do.

The best GMs "miss" every single year. The good ones leave themselves enough flexibility to recover and get out of it with the highest return possible. Beane is very good at getting out of his mistakes. 

Edited by Malazan
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

AZ GM Steve Keim: "... so, how is Ford's attitude?"

Kyler Murray: "I think his attitude's just fine..."

Beane: "Well, we never had to insert a study clause in his contract so.. that seems like a big step for you guys."

Edited by Malazan
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

I wonder what the odds are that we actually use that pick vs using it as a chip to move around. That is Bean’s M.O. Keep picking up those little chips to use to get that one guy they like but don’t think he will drop all the way to him. 

If McBeane covet a player and is slotted high on the Bills draft board he will make a deal and pull the trigger...I think he keeps those draft picks like poker chips to sweeten any deal pot. I think he is very saaavy player. 

Edited by muppy
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Another “W” for Brandon Beane. Cody Ford stinks. He’s looked better under Kromer but he isn’t good. A 5th is a great return for him.

I guess it is good to get some return, but Cody Ford started out as a 2nd round pick, and didn't we even trade up for him?

I don't think you get to claim a "W" if you buy a $5k state of the art TV, find out that key features don't work correctly, alternate between sending it for repairs or using it without those key features, and then, just when it appears it might finally work correctly, you sell it for $500 on Facebook Marketplace.

I mean, yea! you for getting some return for it but...

Edited by Beck Water

22 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think a 5th is a good return for a bust. 

Well stated and to the point,👍

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Beane traded UP in the 2019 draft to pick Ford, with DK Metcalf still on the board.  Beane then traded away Wyatt Teller in part because of Ford’s presence on the roster.  

Josh Allen is “amazing.”  Beane is a very good GM who has made boatloads of mistakes, Ford being one that definitely stands out.

What does 2019 have to do with trading a crappy Cody ford for a 5th rd pick?  It has nothing to do with it, unless you’re Badol or ScottLaw.

Every GREAT GM has made boatloads of mistake.  EVERY one.  There are no exceptions.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Respectfully, YOU’RE not looking at this the right way.  Beane has not yet gotten on-field contributions from any of his second round picks as a GM.  Zero.  That hopefully will change this year (though the idea being floated around here that they’re hiding Cook in the preseason is hilarious), but so far we’ve got the Outgoing Cody Ford, Epanesa in his make-or-break season, another backup edge in Basham, and a part-time running back who they drafted because they got spurned at the altar by McKissic, a dime-a-dozen RFA RB.  Beane needs to stop throwing second round picks in the trash and he needs to stop giving stupid contracts and raises to guys like Star before we can declare him an “amazing wizard God-man.”

C'mon, Coach, this is almost rising to the level of trolling.  TAKEN AS A WHOLE there is absolutely no way to view Brandon Beane's tenure as the Bills' GM as anything other than an unmitigated success.  This sort of cherry-picking drags you down.  "Stop throwing 2nd round picks in the trash" - Jesus, man.

When I listen to NFL "experts" all I hear is that the Bills have the best and deepest roster in the NFL.  What do you hear?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

Just now, eball said:

C'mon, Coach, this is almost rising to the level of trolling.  TAKEN AS A WHOLE there is absolutely no way to view Brandon Beane's tenure as the Bills' GM as anything other than an unmitigated success.  This sort of cherry-picking drags you down.  "Stop throwing 2nd round picks in the trash" - Jesus, man.

When I listen to NFL "experts" all I hear is that the Bills have the best and deepest roster in the NFL.  What do you hear?

I am not the one calling Beane a “genius wizard God-man” - he’s a very good GM.  Period.  He ain’t the best; he’s far from the worst.  That’s ok and maybe we should just accept it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.