Cody Ford to Arizona

aristocrat

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

You’re not looking at this the right way.

Yes, he was a 2nd round pick and we figured out that he’s not good enough to start pretty quickly. It was a miss and every GM misses.

Every GM doesn’t, however, get value back for their missed picks. Usually, you just have to cut guys when you miss.

That makes this a win.

Respectfully, YOU’RE not looking at this the right way.  Beane has not yet gotten on-field contributions from any of his second round picks as a GM.  Zero.  That hopefully will change this year (though the idea being floated around here that they’re hiding Cook in the preseason is hilarious), but so far we’ve got the Outgoing Cody Ford, Epanesa in his make-or-break season, another backup edge in Basham, and a part-time running back who they drafted because they got spurned at the altar by McKissic, a dime-a-dozen RFA RB.  Beane needs to stop throwing second round picks in the trash and he needs to stop giving stupid contracts and raises to guys like Star before we can declare him an “amazing wizard God-man.”

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 4

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Meh. Based on Dawkins' comments on Saturday I think some of it may well be down to lack of effort and professionalism from Cody. Though no doubt it wasn't a good pick.

Oh, I didn't hear about those comments.  That is disappointing.

13 minutes ago, 947 said:

Boettger is coming off a torn achilles, I honestly doubt he'll play again. Very few linemen have played again after that injury, and the ones that did were shadows of their old self.

With Ford gone & Mancz possibly out long term, I suspect we'll be looking at cuts for a replacement OG.

Your point is well taken.  They have had more success treating these injuries with earlier weight bearing activities rather than complete rest.  I have faith in the Bills medical staff, so it will all depend on Boettger.  Let's assume at the very least he doesn't come back this year.   In addition to Hart and Van Roten, according to Tasker and Brown on One Bills Live, they are also high on Alex Anderson the undrafted free agent.

Edited by jkeerie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, Talleywhacker said:

I wouldnt turn my nose up at a 5th round return. Theres a wr the Bills drafted this year in the 5th who looks like a real gem,

Khalil Shakir. Beane missed on Ford but Shakir looks like a keeper. And I believe that Kyle Williams was also a 5th rounder.

He's WOF material.

Milano in the 5th too if I remember correctly 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Hey admit your mistake and get something for it. It happens.  I’ll take missing on a G instead of a qb.

also, Arizona is just rebuilding Kyler’s Oklahoma team. That little guy runs that Franchise. He is probably making trades on madden and telling the GM what to do.

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Beane traded UP in the 2019 draft to pick Ford, with DK Metcalf still on the board.  Beane then traded away Wyatt Teller in part because of Ford’s presence on the roster.  

Josh Allen is “amazing.”  Beane is a very good GM who has made boatloads of mistakes, Ford being one that definitely stands out.

Yet Beane is considered among the very best at his job league wide, “boat load” is a bit of hyperbole if one is to be honest, “hand full” would be a good deal more accurate. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Meh. Based on Dawkins' comments on Saturday I think some of it may well be down to lack of effort and professionalism from Cody. Though no doubt it wasn't a good pick.

I wonder if after those public comments from Dawkins, Beane didn't approach him like, "bub, do me a favor..."?

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I can't believe I'm saying this but I think this locks in Bobby Hart's roster spot as a backup guard. He has apparently looked pretty good at that spot this offseason.

Ha .. falling into the Beane trap .. soon to come message from Bills PR .. Bobby Hart traded for a 6th :)

15 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

There goes one of the whipping boys. 
Wish him the best in the desert.

Running out of players to hate for some of y’all. 

So who is left on the message board hate list? 
Edmunds still in the lead, by a lot

OJ Howard I see is somehow on the list without seeing a regular season snap yet. 

Moss gaining some steam 

Taiwan and Kumerow for sure if they make the team 

Elam reserving a spot for later in the season? 
Epenesa is a trendy name 

Moss is losing steam in whipping boy status I think 

Elam gaining steam

Edmunds holding steady 

losing Haack hurts but we will find a replacement 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 9

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.