Cody Ford to Arizona

aristocrat

6 minutes ago, eball said:

Missing the point.  The pick was bad and/or Ford didn't have the right attitude.  Getting a 5th rounder for a guy you may have been cutting -- and certainly weren't signing to a 2nd contract -- is what good GMs do.

Plus, we might  get to see

image.thumb.jpeg.50ff1faba5fa6042763033c9edb91af0.jpeg
get run over a few times...😁

😇

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

A 5th round pick for Cody Ford.  Beane is amazing.

Beane traded UP in the 2019 draft to pick Ford, with DK Metcalf still on the board.  Beane then traded away Wyatt Teller in part because of Ford’s presence on the roster.  

Josh Allen is “amazing.”  Beane is a very good GM who has made boatloads of mistakes, Ford being one that definitely stands out.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Beane traded UP in the 2019 draft to pick Ford, with DK Metcalf still on the board.  Beane then traded away Wyatt Teller in part because of Ford’s presence on the roster.  

Josh Allen is “amazing.”  Beane is a very good GM who has made boatloads of mistakes, Ford being one that definitely stands out.

Boatload? No. We know he's not perfect, but he's gotten way more hits than whiffs.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

What is your assessment on the overall body of work?   Show me a GM who has not wanted some moves back...this criticism is a little over the top.  Do the Bills have the best or one of the best rosters?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Moved him at the top of his market.     One more Dawkins interview about him and it might have been a conditional 7th. 😉

Top of market = finally a couple of quarters of semi-good tape on him but as you mentioned, on Cook’s long run Ford easily should’ve been flagged for an arm hold and he also got flagged for a hands to the face.  He’s a terrible football player and apparently had few friends in the locker room or the organization.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

There is not a single GM anywhere in the league who has batted 1.000 on every personnel decision.  Obviously Bean would like to have the Ford pick back, and obviously he'd like to have Teller back.  

Guy took a completely irrelevant franchise and turned it into the best top-to-bottom roster in the NFL and you guys are looking for nits to pick.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 8
  • Dislike 1

I don't have any stats in front of me but is sure seems like Beane uses his strongest witchcraft on day three of the Draft.  A 5th rounder gives him another trip to the batter's box.  I like it!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Those comparing his 2nd round draft position to a 5th round pick in the trade might not be wrong, but you’re definitely looking at it differently than I am. 

Not all picks work out. Some are busts. In my opinion, CF was a bust. It happens. But to get anything other than a 7th round pick three years from now is incredible. In my humble, often questionable, opinion. 

I agree..........but one of the aspects of this is that for the first time we actually got to see a GM using bad process to make a draft pick when Beane selected Cody Ford........thanks to "Bills Embedded".

Beane said he couldn't sleep the night before that second round because he was so desperate to move up for Cody Ford.    There was nothing about Cody Ford that should have screamed "must have".    He was a guard with RT flexibility.    Those are very different than an offensive tackle who could possibly play the left side.    His RAS was terrible and his tape was "meh".   

It was Beane's "Reggie Ragland" "off the bus starter" moment.     I think he learned from it.   If nothing else.......not to be so candid on Embedded.  

In retrospect the funniest part about that episode was Beane saying Bobby Johnson was doing backflips about getting Cody Ford.   Gold!:lol: 

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

There is not a single GM anywhere in the league who has batted 1.000 on every personnel decision.  Obviously Bean would like to have the Ford pick back, and obviously he'd like to have Teller back.  

Guy took a completely irrelevant franchise and turned it into the best top-to-bottom roster in the NFL and you guys are looking for nits to pick.

No one is saying Beane isn't doing a great job.  But the "Beane is a wizard" angle is a bit much in this particular case since he traded up in the second to get him.

• Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

32 teams passed on DK Metcalf… does that mean every GM has made a boatload of mistakes as well?

I’m not sure I understand the point you keep making about Beane not hitting on EVERY move he makes. What GMs would you rather have? 

Try a comparing him to other GMs…

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

He's not picking nits or saying Beane is a bad GM.

He's just pointing out that calling the final resolution of a multi-tiered mistake "amazing" is nonsensical and over the top.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.