Will the Browns regret it … Mayfield named as starter in Carolina

BuffaloBill

15 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Then played hurt a whole season, struggled because of it, and lost his job. The lesson? Go on IR and don't hurt your brand.

yes he messed up trying to push through. But fault also lies with Browns. Most teams reward a guy who is like that and does that.

I would rather have Mayfield than Watson any day.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/22/2022 at 11:23 AM, BuffaloBill said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/panthers-name-baker-mayfield-as-starting-quarterback-for-2022-season

Looks like Darnold’s NFL career is on the downslope.  Will be interesting to see in Mayfield plays up to his draft hype and potential in a different setting.  Odds are certainly against him.

I really dislike Mayfield and  for the first time since entered the NFL I’ll be rooting for him 

17 hours ago, cba fan said:

yes he messed up trying to push through. But fault also lies with Browns. Most teams reward a guy who is like that and does that.

I would rather have Mayfield than Watson any day.  

For me, the fault lies almost totally with the Browns.  They should have pulled him late mid season as the injuries were hampering his game too much.  He couldn't throw to the right sideline unless he overrotated  and his zip and accuracy were off. 

Living here in Cleveland,  I've watched him play since day 1 and his passes were mostly uncharacteristic and a struggle last year.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/22/2022 at 3:32 PM, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

It is really his last shot to hang onto a starting job in the league.  Not only does he have to perform but he also has to stay healthy and available. With about 6 projected first round QB's headed to the 2023 draft, some borderline guys will be headed to duty as clipboard holders.  Personally, when I see him play, I put him in the category of Chase Daniel or Case Keenum.  Good enough to be a very good backup but not a starter.

He’s physically way ahead of those guys tho… baker literally has a problem seeing open players 

It’s not his arm keeping him back… Those two guys you named have average to sub standard arms 

baker actually has a Cannon… He has the longest air completion in NFL history.. He has a big arm

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.