Will the Browns regret it … Mayfield named as starter in Carolina

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

wouldn't be surprised if Darnold ends up here as a backup at some point in the next few years 

Heaven Forbid! We all knew he reached his apex in college. Been completely downhill since. 
Lamar & Josh. Period. So much hype for that class. So little to show, sans Allen & Jackson

• Like (+1) 1

Independent of the Watson decision, I actually applaud the Browns for recognizing that Baker was never going to be more than a middle tier QB and cutting bait before they just up and gave him a second contract. 

That's some actual strategic level thinking, and also realizing that despite his #1 draft status, that once you have the guy in the building, he's essentially a sunk cost and you don't waste time and energy throwing good money after bad

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Heaven Forbid! We all knew he reached his apex in college. Been completely downhill since. 
Lamar & Josh. Period. So much hype for that class. So little to show, sans Allen & Jackson

Average, slow QBs with average arms don't usually pan out well 

• Like (+1) 1

Well, Mayfield I’d better than Darnold, but that’s not saying a lot, as Darnold isn’t good, both will be backups if they want a long ish career in the league, Sam can get started on that real soon…, 

As to the thread title question, 

The Browns organization isn’t smart enough to regret any of the moves they make…, 

Edited by Don Otreply

Probably not.  Once they get through this year, Watson has the potential of making them a contender.  "Potential"... I'm not sold on Watson without Hopkins and not having played for 2 years.

Baker on a low level starter contract could be somewhat intriguing in the NFC, but I think he's good enough that he'll want (and get) and B-level QB contract, which given his limitations is still too much to pay him and then provide the requisite talent around him to be successful. 

Edited by SCBills

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Probably not.  Once they get through this year, Watson has the potential of making them a contender.  

Baker on a low level starter contract could be somewhat intriguing in the NFC, but I think he's good enough that he'll want (and get) and B-level QB contract, which given his limitations is still too much to pay him and still provide the requisite talent around him to be successful. 

I'm going to say Watsons absence from the game for such a long time will have an affect (or is effect) and he will not return to his prime

I just don't see the mental fortitude to handle the endless in your face finger wagging he will experiece..

If he can brush it all off and not be affected, then I think he is devoid of a soul, conscious, and empathy

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.