Preseason week 3: Bills at Panthers 8/26 7pm (local or NFL+)

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, Logic said:

It seems like Hart is going to make this roster. I know, I know...I'm as surprised as the rest of you.

He looks like a totally different player this year. His showing that he can play capably at guard is the key difference, in my opinion. 

I also think that it's all but decided that Dorsey will be in the booth on Sundays. 

Especially if Mancz, Brown, and Doyle are not 100% I think we can bet on it.  Whether or not it's true, based on preseason the Bills believe Hart can play both OT positions and G.  And that's the OL: 5 starters, Mancz Brown Doyle and Hart.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Especially if Mancz, Brown, and Doyle are not 100% I think we can bet on it.  Whether or not it's true, based on preseason the Bills believe Hart can play both OT positions and G.  And that's the OL: 5 starters, Mancz Brown Doyle and Hart.

Not really confident in the depth on paper....however they were excellent against Denver 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m wondering if Doyle is making it on the 53.

He is a “giving it his all” kind of guy.  It will be fun seeing what the depth looks like this weekend.

I think Doyle is almost a lock.  Marino has it (and I agree) as 5 starters + 1 (Brown/Quessenberry) as locks then Mancz and Doyle as almost locks with the last spot up for grabs.  I think that seems pretty reasonable.

6 hours ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

4h104zsr8cj91.jpg

From 2 days ago

Are you saying Kumerow is the backup outside WR though?  I dont think this chart is saying that.  If anything I think it says Hodgins is the back up outside WR which aligns with who I would expect to be on the field if Diggs goes down.  (note this was not my position before TC but feel ok with it now).

8 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Are you saying Kumerow is the backup outside WR though?  I dont think this chart is saying that.  If anything I think it says Hodgins is the back up outside WR which aligns with who I would expect to be on the field if Diggs goes down.  (note this was not my position before TC but feel ok with it now).

Kumerow is not seeing the field on offense in the regular season unless multiple WRs go down.

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

He would get snaps last season but it almost always signaled that the bills were about to hand the ball off 

Yes, I was going to add that he could be used in obvious running situations because of his blocking...i.e., blowouts.

50 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It’s ugly… good thing is Kromer has proven he can get the most out of some bad linemen.

It seems to be the position group across the league where there isn’t enough quality starters to meet the needs of all 32 teams.

It’s no mystery as to why there isn’t capable starters in back up spots.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.