Haack and Austin Cut per WGR

boyst

That game made an utter mockery of the punting competition.  What kind of punting gameplan calls for 6 straight td drives?  Ken Dorsey is rocking the boat. 

Best quote from coach McD after the game, about choosing to punt on 4th and 1:  "I got booed by a couple of the players on our sideline, so those guys will no longer make the team.  One guy did cheer for me, and he'll make the team."

I bet he'd like to have that one back, reads like a bad tease to Haack.

• Haha (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I'm surprised at the Haack cut. I thought they would of wanted to see more of Matt in different situations.

They must be satisfied by what they see in practice. We know he's got the holding thing down... I really wanted to see what he could do with hangtime and pinning opponents inside the 20 on a shorter field... 

But lets face it, we were all in on the anyone but Haack movement.

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

This may help explain why the Bills sent Haack to punt in the Denver game despite Araiza needing reps—Beane doing Haack a solid in showcasing a decent punt right before the cut?

Considering what McDermott said in his interview that's pretty much confirmed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalosouth said:

Guess the punter couldn't hack it... Tavon had the tires kicked. Wish these guys the best. I'm honestly surprised they didn't keep Christian Wade at running back. With his Rugby background we could have depth and a punter.

Obligatory Christian Wade thread for August 21-27, 2022. 👍

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

👍🏻

I hope Austin gets added to someone practice squad.  He’s a good dude.

From first round draft pick to "I hope he gets added to someone's practice squad" LOL

I wonder if Austin would take that offer?  John Brown did IIRC but Brown didn't have the same pedigree (or salary) in his prior years in the league

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

From first round draft pick to "I hope he gets added to someone's practice squad" LOL

I wonder if Austin would take that offer?  John Brown did IIRC but Brown didn't have the same pedigree (or salary) in his prior years in the league

Too lazy to look up the stats, but hasn’t Brown been the more productive WR of the two? 

Just now, jaybee said:

Whatever happened to T Austin?  I lost track of his career but I remember him being a highly praised top receiver coming into the draft back in 13 or 14.  Was he injured or did he jst kind of flame out ?

Sounds like both. He was dynamite in camp until the pads came on. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

This may help explain why the Bills sent Haack to punt in the Denver game despite Araiza needing reps—Beane doing Haack a solid in showcasing a decent punt right before the cut?

Betweens week 15-18 last year. 

12 punts for 425 yards - a solid 35.4 yards per punt with a 32 yard net.  

He showcased a lot.  there was back to back 20 yarders after a penalty on the first.  There was a 7 yard punt where he dropped the ball.  Constant shanks all season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Whatever happened to T Austin?  I lost track of his career but I remember him being a highly praised top receiver coming into the draft back in 13 or 14.  Was he injured or did he jst kind of flame out ?

We traded that pick for EJ, Kiko, Goodwin, and Chris Gragg.  He never busted out of gadget/PR player, he's been in the league 9 years now and he's 32 so... he's basically a punt returner on a team that doesn't really have room for a punt returner who can't play WR.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.