Moving to Cleveland

Ethan in Cleveland

43 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I know.  Have you been to both?  I’d take Portland over Cleveland in a heartbeat.

Happy for him as he’s closer to Buffalo.  I’m sure he’ll be at a bunch of games now.  Always good to welcome a TBDer getting closer to home.

Yes, I have family there. I would too, but it's also well-known for its gray skies.

10 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

After 20 years in the Pacific NW, I'm heading back east.

I always wondered if the Portland in your user name referred to Portland, Oregon, or Portland, Maine. (I'm partial to Potland, Maine since I used to live there, lol). Now I know. Cleveland is going to suck compared to Oregon though. Well, except the prices and sales tax But good for you! You're closer to Buffalo now.

11 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

After 20 years in the Pacific NW, I'm heading back east. I took a job with University Hospitals in Cleveland and bought a house along the lake on the east side. Movers are coming on Sept 7 and will be driving one car with my wife and two cats 2635 miles.  Will have to listen to the Rams game on the radio probably somewhere in Montana. 

Super excited to be so close to Buffalo for this upcoming season.  Should be just under 3 hours from my house to the stadium.

I'm going to need to get used to 1pm start times again. Prime time games will be easier to watch.  Looking forward to a quick trip to Detroit for Thanksgiving game.  

Does anyone know if I can update my screen name? Or start a new one with the same email?

Congratulations on your move!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

where did you live in ohio?   Cle entire time?

Cleveland at CWRU from 88-92, Columbus at Ohio State for medical school, residency and fellowship from 92-02.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Just wanted to second the bolded part. The easy access to unmatched, plentiful, and diverse scenes of nature (mountains, crystal clear rivers, rain forests, coastline, high desert), culture, food and drink, coffee, high quality and legal cannabis, kind people...all make the pacific northwest a truly beautiful and special place.

Plenty will (and have, in this thread) talk(ed) smack about the homeless populations on west coast cities or various other socioeconomic problems -- and admittedly, it's been a really tough few years out here, and homelessness IS a big problem -- but I don't know many cities in the U.S. without problems of their own -- including Buffalo, Rochester, Cleveland, and all the other rust belt cities. Those places, just like the PNW, also have their virtues that balance out the less than desirable aspects of living there.

No place is perfect, but the pacific northwest is a beautiful place to live, and it gets old seeing people who haven't spent much time here (if they've even ever been here at all) sh!t on it.

P.S. Congrats on the move, Ethan. I wish you and the good doctor happiness and prosperity in your new home.

Thanks.  I have no regrets moving to PNW.  Raised my kids here.  All the positives you mentioned are correct and I would add proximity to San Francisco/Napa, Hawaii, and Vegas.  Wouldn't change anything.  

• Like (+1) 1

Cleveland is cool. I took a bunch of other Buffalonians there this summer and we had a great time.

Taxi/Uber drivers were incredible storytellers, and lots of people have adopted the Bills since the Browns got Watson.

PS try Happy Dawg for incredible hot dogs and great live music!

1 hour ago, Ray Stonada said:

Cleveland is cool. I took a bunch of other Buffalonians there this summer and we had a great time.

Taxi/Uber drivers were incredible storytellers, and lots of people have adopted the Bills since the Browns got Watson.

PS try Happy Dawg for incredible hot dogs and great live music!

There's even more with DeShaun being here now.  Plenty of unhappy and conflicted fans.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Does anyone know if I can update my screen name? Or start a new one with the same email?

10 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Ethan, I think you can edit it, but just PM Simon, Chandler or one of the other Mods.  They are pretty helpful.  

You can. I created thread in Customer Service which is quietest customer service board I have ever seen.

7 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Agreed.  I moved from the beautiful Pacific NW (Seattle) to the Midwest (KC) but quickly regretted it.  I missed the forests, mountains, ocean, diversity, foodie culture, and more.   Moving back West (NorCal) next month.  

But I hope you like Cleveland better than I like Kansas City.

Interesting. I can’t stand Seattle anymore. Been here for 12 years and I can’t wait to leave. I think it once was a nice city but has gone to crap. The weather is also annoying. Becomes more so every year. 

House along the lake sounds nice.  And an easy trip to see the Bills, plus they play in Cleveland, Pitt or Cinci pretty frequently if your up for some road trips. 

I have relatives who moved from WNY to Cleveland suburbs and have enjoyed it for many years. 

17 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

8 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

If I knew how to change "Ethan in Portland" to "Ethan in Cleveland," I would have changed "Hondo in Seattle" to something else since I moved out of Seattle a year ago!  

This is from a desktop, not sure if/how to do it on a phone.

Click on your profile picture in the top right corner and select "Profile"

Profile 1-1.JPG

Select "Account Settings"

852562058_Profile1.thumb.JPG.2f61ca6f3663246e8cc6e381c748f939.JPG

Click on "Change" by your Display Name

Profile 2.JPG

Put in your new name and click on Save.  Just remember you can't change it for 6 months without a mods help.  

Profile 3.JPG

Edited by Just Jack
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

After 20 years in the Pacific NW, I'm heading back east. I took a job with University Hospitals in Cleveland and bought a house along the lake on the east side. Movers are coming on Sept 7 and will be driving one car with my wife and two cats 2635 miles.  Will have to listen to the Rams game on the radio probably somewhere in Montana. 

Super excited to be so close to Buffalo for this upcoming season.  Should be just under 3 hours from my house to the stadium.

I'm going to need to get used to 1pm start times again. Prime time games will be easier to watch.  Looking forward to a quick trip to Detroit for Thanksgiving game.  

I have lived in the Toledo area 20+ years, keep the handle 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.