Moving to Cleveland

Ethan in Cleveland

Welcome to Cleveland! There is a pretty active backers bar on the west side. I've run into quite a few Bills fans when I have been out and about as well. 

Not sure where you will be located,  but Beachwood schools use the Bills logo, but their colors are brown and yellow, so that takes some getting used to. 

• Like (+1) 1

Congrats on the new job. Grew up there and lived 40+ years in Ohio. I moved to Buffalo from Cleveland 10 years ago so my info might not be the most current, but PM me if you have questions. I’d recommend:

- The West Side Market. Bring a cooler. Lotta great food there. https://westsidemarket.org

- The Cleveland Orchestra. It is world class. Seeing them at Severance is great, but outdoors at Blossom in the summer is special. Pack a picnic and some wine and go a few hours early. Kid friendly events are done regularly too.

- Surprisingly the Cleveland Museum of Art is quite nice too.

- Little Italy. Since you’ll be working right by it, you’ll want to go find your favorite places/food. 
Lots to do on the East Side in general. Good luck. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

UH is a great hospital system. Best of luck and enjoy. The weather sucks but there are a lot of good restaurants and nice people in Cleveland. 

My sister has been on the East Side of Cleveland since she went to JCU in 1995. Depending on how far east you are, you can get to the stadium in 2.5 hours. I’ve gone right from her house to games a few times. I’d leave between 7-7:30 AM and be in the parking lot between 9:30-10. It’s an easy trip.

That's my plan! Well leaving from my house I mean...lol

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Congrats Ethan!  Good luck with the move and the new job 

you should trade in the cats for a dog!

PST >>>>>>> EST but if your work schedule allows you to watch more sports on EST than I suppose it may be better in your situation.  

Agree on the time. 10am games are so sweet. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Dude wtf???  You don't listen to first game of the year on the radio.  You pull over, eat dinner and watch the game at a restaurant.  Your wife knows you by now.

Even if it's at Applebees, it's a nationally televised game and will be on everywhere.  .

Congrats on leaving Portland.  I was there 2 months ago and it was like I was on an episode of the Walking Dead.  Junkies on the sidewalks and in tents everywhere.

I was staying at a hotel downtown.

Portland downtown is a warzone now. Truly awful. The east side of Portland is even worse with tent cities in neighborhoods. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If you need any “advice” just PM me. I know a little (I’m there a decent amount). I can obviously ask my sister as well. 

Thanks. I lived there from 88-92 at CWRU. Somewhat of a homecoming for me. I will message you. Maybe we can meet up

2 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I feel like I need to make a disclaimer, that I am NOT supporting this. Just posting what you are probably going to run into if you ever go to a Browns game

Lol. Unless they are playing the Bills pretty unlikely.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

After 20 years in the Pacific NW, I'm heading back east. I took a job with University Hospitals in Cleveland and bought a house along the lake on the east side. Movers are coming on Sept 7 and will be driving one car with my wife and two cats 2635 miles.  Will have to listen to the Rams game on the radio probably somewhere in Montana. 

Super excited to be so close to Buffalo for this upcoming season.  Should be just under 3 hours from my house to the stadium.

I'm going to need to get used to 1pm start times again. Prime time games will be easier to watch.  Looking forward to a quick trip to Detroit for Thanksgiving game.  

Does anyone know if I can update my screen name? Or start a new one with the same email?

Moving can be stressful, you should plan a nice massage for after you're finished! Check IG yet?

24 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Congrats on the new job. Grew up there and lived 40+ years in Ohio. I moved to Buffalo from Cleveland 10 years ago so my info might not be the most current, but PM me if you have questions. I’d recommend:

- The West Side Market. Bring a cooler. Lotta great food there. https://westsidemarket.org

- The Cleveland Orchestra. It is world class. Seeing them at Severance is great, but outdoors at Blossom in the summer is special. Pack a picnic and some wine and go a few hours early. Kid friendly events are done regularly too.

- Surprisingly the Cleveland Museum of Art is quite nice too.

- Little Italy. Since you’ll be working right by it, you’ll want to go find your favorite places/food. 
Lots to do on the East Side in general. Good luck. 

Thanks.  I lived there from 88-92. Love the West Side market.  Severance Hall is world class music, but I never did the outdoor event. Thanks for the idea! Museum of Art is much better than anything Portland has. 

My recruitment dinner was in Little Italy. There are a few good Italian options in Portland but nothing like Little Italy!

18 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ethan in Cleveland. Perfect.

I love you too!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.