My Current 53

marck

35 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Thank you - so there may be a way we can keep Johnson without having him as part of the 53?

You can play some roster musical chairs if you need to bring someone onto the 53 and then IR them so they’re not on IR for the entire season. That would be a way to keep Johnson on the roster temporarily until the other players IR clock runs out. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Just as long as they get their pic of the cuts it punner I don’t want them to screw around and let talent get signed some other team

It seems to me these are their options. 

1.  They are working out guys who are not currently on any team.

2. They can put in a waiver claim on a cut punter they are high on.

3.  If they don't get a waived punter, they can try out any remaining guys.

4.  If they sign a guy who was waived and claimed, they can always cut him if they feel they have an upgrade.

I get the feeling a lot of punters are chewing at the bit to sign in Buffalo.  It should work out OK.

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Great timing and a great find.  It's such a toss-up with all 3 of the TEs.  I do agree with the Daboll thing.

Good chance that Beane will be hunting for PS TEs later this week.

If any of this is true and for other reasons, it's likely that 3 TEs are kept.  So, who are the other 2?

The one thing I would add is about Howard's past performance.  I lessen its importance due to his injury history.  He looks slower than ever.

Beane opened up enough money to make a Howard cut possible, so I put less on that than others.

To me it's keeping the best 3 for what they want to do this season.

I think Morris gets one the spots due to his catching ability.  That leaves it up between Howard and Sweeney IMO.

It's tough call after that.

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

It seems to me these are their options. 

1.  They are working out guys who are not currently on any team.

2. They can put in a waiver claim on a cut punter they are high on.

3.  If they don't get a waived punter, they can try out any remaining guys.

4.  If they sign a guy who was waived and claimed, they can always cut him if they feel they have an upgrade.

I get the feeling a lot of punters are chewing at the bit to sign in Buffalo.  It should work out OK.

One other option: Beane could work a trade before cutdown day, swapping a player the Bills would cut for a punter the trade partner would cut.

Neither team has to take their chances with waivers, both teams get something of value to them

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.