Preseason games all blacked out on NFL Network

JMM

1 hour ago, JMM said:

Holy cow that seems impossible! Was this cable,  satellite? Streaming maybe on one TV? I have no idea, not that I'm an expert. That's why I posted, hoping to figure out my question.

I subscribe to Spectrum Cable Tv. I know, 2 different programs, 2 different tv’s, same channel, same house…..defies logic. 

Here in Youngstown, Ohio:

FRIDAY

NO OTHER NFL GAME ON TV

SPECTRUM APP: No Patriots/Panthers! We got A Football Life!

SPECTRUM CABLE BOX: Patriots/Panthers!

SATURDAY

SPECTRUM APP: No Bills/Broncos! We got A Football Life!

SPECTRUM CABLE BOX: No Bills/Broncos! We got Lions/Colts!

It's not just WNY.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

Just now, JMM said:

Oh I didn't even realize that, looks like Giants local network, ok so that one makes sense. Thanks!

The NFL broadcast/streaming rules for TV and radio are more complicated than what constitutes a catch. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, JMM said:

Hi, is anyone else experiencing this and know why? Every single game thus far has been blacked out. I understand the Bills game being blacked out by why would the others?? I live I'm the Southern Tier of NY, Elmira-Corning area. 

Where you live us likeky classified as a local market subject to black out rules because it supposed to be broadcast locally.

after the Bills game I got this week on nfl network.  The game was followed by my local commandoes at chiefs which got pre-emptied and they aired a different game because the game was carried on the local nbc affiliate.

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Here in Youngstown, Ohio:

FRIDAY

NO OTHER NFL GAME ON TV

SPECTRUM APP: No Patriots/Panthers! We got A Football Life!

SPECTRUM CABLE BOX: Patriots/Panthers!

SATURDAY

SPECTRUM APP: No Bills/Broncos! We got A Football Life!

SPECTRUM CABLE BOX: No Bills/Broncos! We got Lions/Colts!

It's not just WNY.

it depends on how your spectrum feed is set up.

Eries is considered local so it woukd have gotten blacked out in that market.  If spectrum is anywhere in the Erie tv market and shares the same system, you will get blacked out.

years ago during nhl playoffs I was living in Norfolk, Virginia area. Versus/ nbc sports network blacked out the devils- canes game locally.  They said fox sports Carolina claims the market who has local rights.  The problem was no fox sports Carolina in my area but it aired on cable in the local TV market defined area. So having one county it aired in killed thr market. The tv market included the northern outer banks area of North Carolina ehich local cable aired fox sports Carolina 

3 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

I have found Corning-Elmira to be a 'sour spot' (as opposed to sweet spot) relative to the NFL and NHL considering it part of the Buffalo 'home game' region but in fact the local channels or cable services (for hockey) don't always carry the Bills or Sabres. So in that case, like you are experiencing, NFL network blocks you out but the local channel doesn't carry it. It sucks.

all you need is one Cousy in the market to carry the games to claim the market or have radio broadcaster there.  With the Sabres if one county in Corning- Elmira cable system pick up MSG-Buffalo broadcasts to then black out the market.  

6 hours ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Regarding the broadcast, what happened to me at game time (Preseason game #2, Bills - Broncos) here where I’m at in Hawaii is beyond comprehension.

I put the tv on in my bedroom, changed the channel to NFL network (Channel 203 here in Hawaii) and the the broadcast banners / and announcers at the time (Steve Mariucci) consistently said coming up next, Bills v. Broncos.  Then come game time, they broadcast, “Emmitt Smith, a Football Life.”  So no Bills game for me.

Then,

My son went to the living room tv, just 25 feet away, in the same house, turned it on, was looking to see what else is on, he went by Channel 203, Bills v. Broncos were playing.

So to summarize, I had 2 different programs, on 2 different tv’s, in the same house, on the same channel.   

Can anyone speculate what caused that ?

Was there a flying saucer in your area?

I don't know if you contact NFL network or cable company, but while I live in Cleveland area I've been blacked out for both Bills preseason games for A football life.  Interestingly my other TVs showed the Colts-Lions game.  I have Spectrum but decided I'll just watch the replay tonight on NFL network.  Its a mystery to me and apparently others.  There are no local broadcasts I can get from here.  May look into this NFL + next year.

On 8/21/2022 at 1:07 PM, JMM said:

Hi, is anyone else experiencing this and know why? Every single game thus far has been blacked out. I understand the Bills game being blacked out by why would the others?? I live I'm the Southern Tier of NY, Elmira-Corning area. 

I just talked to a rep at Spectrum. He states that the problem is with the NFL feed. (Wow, what a surprise...it's someone else's fault) They are aware of the problem and hopefully we get the games this weekend. I'm not holding my breath though. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I just talked to a rep at Spectrum. He states that the problem is with the NFL feed. (Wow, what a surprise...it's someone else's fault) They are aware of the problem and hopefully we get the games this weekend. I'm not holding my breath though. 

Hmm, yea sounds like passing the buck for sure. If I was a betting man I'd say they STILL don't show them. Thanks very much!!

• Like (+1) 1

I was vacationing in the Outer Banks last week and was trying to watch the Colts game through the vacation home’s cable that was accessible through the Spectrum app on a Roku.  I had the same issue.  They were showing a Football Life for Chris Speilman instead of the game despite the game being on the schedule. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.