Rich Stadium Concession Prices circa 1975

ChevyVanMiller

18 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Remember the days when the smoking and non-smoking sections in restaurants was often an imaginary line?

Back then being in "non-smoking" didn't mean that you weren't going to breathe cigarette smoke.

Man , I miss those times. 

1 hour ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Here's an article on the biggest trend in sports concessions in decades... a shift away from the monopolized predatory price-gouging that had become the norm.

Fan-friendly pricing:

https://www.yahoo.com/now/cheap-beer-good-press-falcons-fan-friendly-pricing-win-win-191626117.html

It's the Laffer Curve of concession pricing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wjag said:

The pizza was the cheapest thing on the menu. 50 bucks.  They sell tenders and wings for 150.  The prices go up from there.  If you want say a rum and coke, you have to buy the whole bottle of rum.  Now I imagine if the corporation is picking up the tab, indulge. 

I’ve been in the clubs before and I don’t remember having to buy an entire bottle for a mixed drink 

There’s not a bar in the concourse section of the clubs that lets you buy a mixed drink 

3 hours ago, wjag said:

I was fortunate enough to get box seats yesterday.  First time ever.  That is another level of WTF are you charging?  4 Guinness (must buy 4), 6 Pepsi (must buy 6) and one substandard LaNova pizza was $165 plus tip.  

How much did they charge you for the clothes you had on? Hope they weren't too harsh on that

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

My man at the concession stand was giving away hot dogs at the end of the game yesterday.  I went to get a water because it was hot and ended up with a Water and 4 hot dogs for free leaving. I felt like a King then. 

Score!!!

6 hours ago, wjag said:

The pizza was the cheapest thing on the menu. 50 bucks.  They sell tenders and wings for 150.  The prices go up from there.  If you want say a rum and coke, you have to buy the whole bottle of rum.  Now I imagine if the corporation is picking up the tab, indulge. 

I know it’s an NFL game but that is just absurd.

6 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Man , I miss those times. 

I miss when cell phones didn’t exist.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Adjusted for inflation.

Beer.......$4.83
Candy.....$2.84
Chips.......$1.99
Hot Dog..$3.41
Pizza slice.$3.41
Soft Drink.$2.27

Still expensive. Those are Movie theater prices.

You must not have been to the movie theater recently. 

The Regal near me, you get a medium soda for $6, popcorn for $8 and candy for $5,

Source: Spent $40 on soda, popcorn, and candy a few weekends ago.

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

You must not have been to the movie theater recently. 

The Regal near me, you get a medium soda for $6, popcorn for $8 and candy for $5,

Source: Spent $40 on soda, popcorn, and candy a few weekends ago.

I was gonna say… maybe a movie theater in 2004.  lol

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Augie said:

They made up for it with cheap hookers and blow???

It’s funny to see cigarettes on the list. It wasn’t THAT long ago (1990) that you could smoke on a plane. The tide has turned there! I don’t think I even know anyone who smokes now. 

I expect you are refering only to tobacco. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.