Blackshear isn't going anywhere!

RunJoshRun

On 8/20/2022 at 10:57 PM, RunJoshRun said:

Bills coach Sean McDermott said the rookie has impressed so far.

“He’s got great juice,” McDermott said. “You can just feel him when he’s out there. You feel the burst, whether it’s in the return game or when he’s carrying the ball on offense or catching the ball out of the backfield. He plays his role.”

He has the potential to be a very special player.  I like Singeltary & Moss as good, steady RB's.  But they don't have super-star potential.  Neither of them has showed that in their careers with the Bills.

Blackshear has that potential!

this aged well

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

They probably tried to move Moss and failed which is why Blackshear was cut.

Obviously he looked good this summer but still maintain that RB's are a dime a dozen in this league and there's probably a better chance of him coming back on our PS than another team signing him to their active roster.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

It's like I've said in this post - since McDermott has been here, he's only ever kept 3 true RB's. The 4th, whether it was Taiwan Jones or Senorise Perry has always been a ST'er and only a RB in name only.

Honestly, even if Taiwan Jones was played off the roster, it wouldn't have been for a RB (unless that player was also a RB). We'd just carry an extra spot on whichever position the ST's replacement was listed as.

But I digress, Blackshear looked impressive. But when he was playing in games - always after Singletary, Cook, Moss, and Duke - spoke volumes. He impressed against other UDFA's and future roster cuts. He was never given quality playing time.

With us only keeping 3 RB's, as good as he looked in his time, he was NEVER going to get a role in place of Singletary, Moss, or Cook. Even if the team made the choice to trade Moss - I'd bet they'd have still kept Duke over Blackshear.

The idea that Blackshear would have a spot on the 53 was always a laughable one. With the reports of the team wanting to bring Duke back to the Practice Squad - it's not even a guarantee that Blackshear will be brought back there (though I expect they will).

All offseason it's been talked about that "tough decisions will be made" when it comes to the 53 on a roster as strong as ours. An overachieving UDFA RB performing in Pre-Season garbage time was not even one of those tough decisions.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

“He’s got great juice,” McDermott said. “You can just feel him when he’s out there. You feel the burst, whether it’s in the return game or when he’s carrying the ball on offense or catching the ball out of the backfield. He plays his role.”

He has the potential to be a very special player.  I like Singeltary & Moss as good, steady RB's.  But they don't have super-star potential.  Neither of them has showed that in their careers with the Bills.

Potential to make the practice squad, 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

Nailed it

10 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

They probably tried to move Moss and failed which is why Blackshear was cut.

Obviously he looked good this summer but still maintain that RB's are a dime a dozen in this league and there's probably a better chance of him coming back on our PS than another team signing him to their active roster.

They could still trade Moss. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.