Blackshear isn't going anywhere!

RunJoshRun

42 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m in on him. Hope we keep him too. I think he’s showing flashes of being special here. We aren’t going to pay these RBs when their contracts come up anyway…I’m all good with trying the young guys.

There is just so much $ to go around for RB's.  Cook and Blackshear are bargains with tremendous talent.

32 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Honestly I don’t think they risk fines/penalties by faking injuries to hang on to UDFA players who flashed vs 3rd and 4th string players. Williams scored 2 TDs vs the Miami Dolphins who were fighting for their playoff lives and no one poached him from the squad. He looked good in PS too. I can’t even remember his first name. Also, faking injuries to stash a player also results in no practice time, which a player in those stages desperately need. I don’t think that actually happens in the NFL.

Antonio Williams was picked up by the Giants this year.  He hasn't got the skill set that Blackshear does.

• Eyeroll 1

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree.  It’s going to hurt if we cut him.  Someone will pick him up.  Namely the Gmen.

It’s not like he can’t help our ST either.  We had huge holes at KR and PR according to everyone.  So much so, that some thought tavon Austin would make the team.  From what I’ve seen, I feel he can be a solid return man and a helluva weapon with the the ball in his hands on O.  Unlikely to get much burn this year, but I think motor will earn more of a payday than we’ll want to pay. Moss, cook and blackshear next year.  

Excellent!

There's just too many guys for one team to keep.

You can't be keeping your 2nd round RB, plus Singletary & Moss (both who the coaches like), a 4th guy in Duke Johnson (who also had 55 yards & 2 TD's today) AND Blackshear on top of that!

When you factor in Allen running the ball (accounting for 35% of the team's entire rushing offense last season), or the random jet sweeps, there's just not enough touches to go around.

If it were up to me, I'd keep Singletary, Cook, & just draw straws for #3... with Singletary being the main back, Cook being his relief & situational 3rd down/screen/out wide guy, and one more for short yardage plays (so they're not all QB sneaks).

I know Singletary hasn't exactly lit up the place, but he wasn't really a feature point of the offense either, and he was much better when the O-line was actually semi-stable near the end of the season.

• Agree 1

I'm on Blackshear's jock big time.  But he is not unseating Motor, Moss, Cook, or Gilliam, they are stone cold locks (Gilliam, IMNSHO, is the new Pat DiMarco - he's got pictures).  That means unless Blackshear shows uncanny abilities as a gunner, he's not unseating Formosa.  McChoke will not carry 6 RB's (barring mental infirmity), so Blackshear is PS at best.  Which sucks, he's got more heart and guts than most of this roster.  I want this guy on my team, just don't know how it's gonna happen.  BlacksHEART!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm on Blackshear's jock big time.  But he is not unseating Motor, Moss, Cook, or Gilliam, they are stone cold locks (Gilliam, IMNSHO, is the new Pat DiMarco - he's got pictures).  That means unless Blackshear shows uncanny abilities as a gunner, he's not unseating Formosa.  McChoke will not carry 6 RB's (barring mental infirmity), so Blackshear is PS at best.  Which sucks, he's got more heart and guts than most of this roster.  I want this guy on my team, just don't know how it's gonna happen.  BlacksHEART!

Ridiculous comment.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5

Blackshear IS fun to watch.  Great instincts running and catching the ball.  However, more is needed from him to catch on as a depth player.

If he busts kick return for a score, that would help.

If he plays on special teams, that would help.

If he is effective as a blocker when he does not have the ball, that would help. 

Coaches see him everyday in practice and are surely far more aware of this strength and weaknesses. 

Singletary and Moss are locks, as is Cook because of his draft position.  Honestly Cook has looked "just ok" in the preseason games, but there you have it.

Gilliam is a legit fullback in a league that does not have them anymore

Taiwan Jones is a legit special teams ace, and possibly has blackmail pictures of someone.

Duke Williams and Tavon Austin are known quantities still performing on a NFL level. Proven journeymen who have shown some real flash in the past and who could flourish behind a good Oline..

Everyone loves an undrafted rookie and Blackshear is turning heads but it's still a long shot for him to end up on anyone's 53 right now.

I'd LOVE to see him on the Bills PS, but most likely he'll end up on a practice squad where he has an outside chance to leapfrog over borderline starters. 

Think Dolphins, Saints, or Jets.

• Like (+1) 1

I like Blackshear, but there is no way he’s cracking this roster  at this point. 

The Bills will try to get him on the PS for sure, but if another team picks him up, it is what it is, and I wish him the best of luck.

This team is too stacked to worry about fringe players sticking to the practice squad or not.

I’m sure Beane will find some late round gems and undrafted FA’s next year who will look just as good as Blackshear does this year......it’s what he does!!

Edited by Special K

2 hours ago, RunJoshRun said:

Bills coach Sean McDermott said the rookie has impressed so far.

“He’s got great juice,” McDermott said. “You can just feel him when he’s out there. You feel the burst, whether it’s in the return game or when he’s carrying the ball on offense or catching the ball out of the backfield. He plays his role.”

He has the potential to be a very special player.  I like Singeltary & Moss as good, steady RB's.  But they don't have super-star potential.  Neither of them has showed that in their careers with the Bills.

Blackshear has that potential!

Not big and only ran a 4.5 forty so I see him as a potential practice squad guy unless the Bills decide to cut Moss

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

No.

Every year we get posters like OP who think Duke Williams, Antonio Williams and whatever other random training camp and preseason star will be the next big thing on the team...

They never come to fruition.

Lol I totally agree with you, yet i also like to participate in the delusional preseason player Fandom.

Did it 2 years with hodgins, and its looking like something there. 

LET THE KIDS PLAY!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.