Blackshear isn't going anywhere!

RunJoshRun

Bills coach Sean McDermott said the rookie has impressed so far.

“He’s got great juice,” McDermott said. “You can just feel him when he’s out there. You feel the burst, whether it’s in the return game or when he’s carrying the ball on offense or catching the ball out of the backfield. He plays his role.”

He has the potential to be a very special player.  I like Singeltary & Moss as good, steady RB's.  But they don't have super-star potential.  Neither of them has showed that in their careers with the Bills.

Blackshear has that potential!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

No.

Every year we get posters like OP who think Duke Williams, Antonio Williams and whatever other random training camp and preseason star will be the next big thing on the team...

They never come to fruition.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

“He’s got great juice,” McDermott said. “You can just feel him when he’s out there. You feel the burst, whether it’s in the return game or when he’s carrying the ball on offense or catching the ball out of the backfield. He plays his role.”

He has the potential to be a very special player.  I like Singeltary & Moss as good, steady RB's.  But they don't have super-star potential.  Neither of them has showed that in their careers with the Bills.

How many RB’s do you propose we keep? Who are they? And what do you do with the others? 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

You lost me when you said he showed more than Singletary and even Moss. 

I'd like to keep him but at what cost? 

8 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

Did you miss where he also said it's a very crowed room?

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Singletary, Cook, Moss, Gilliam. I think Gilliam (and Taiwan) make it for their unique (non-pure-rb) talents. 

In that case, you have to trade Moss to have Blackshear on the 53. Possible, but unlikely. 

IR candidate? 

Edited by NickelCity
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

No.

Every year we get posters like OP who think Duke Williams, Antonio Williams and whatever other random training camp and preseason star will be the next big thing on the team...

They never come to fruition.

Um, Fred Jackson would disagree with you 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Oh brother no. Looking good in the 2nd half of preseason games does not mean you have more potential than the guys who’ve also looked good vs starters and key depth players. 

Just now, ChicagoRic said:

Um, Fred Jackson would disagree with you 

Took Freddy years on practice squads and a few developmental leagues to get there.

2 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Singletary, Cook, Moss, Gilliam. I think Gilliam (and Taiwan) make it for their unique (non-pure-rb) talents. 

In that case, you have to trade Moss to have Blackshear on the 53. Possible, but unlikely. 

IR candidate? 

IR? No one is injured. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Don’t you bring that bad mojo here! No injuries! Change the kids name and let him hide on the P-Squad. I really like the kid, but I think we are talking developmental STA/RB4

A player who a team doesn't have room for on the 53, but who they don't want to lose when trying to stash on the practice squad, often comes up with an "injury" that essentially results in a redshir year.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

A player who a team doesn't have room for on the 53, but who they don't want to lose when trying to stash on the practice squad, often comes up with an "injury" that essentially results in a redshir year.

Honestly I don’t think they risk fines/penalties by faking injuries to hang on to UDFA players who flashed vs 3rd and 4th string players. Williams scored 2 TDs vs the Miami Dolphins who were fighting for their playoff lives and no one poached him from the squad. He looked good in PS too. I can’t even remember his first name. Also, faking injuries to stash a player also results in no practice time, which a player in those stages desperately need. I don’t think that actually happens in the NFL.

8 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Honestly I don’t think they risk fines/penalties by faking injuries to hang on to UDFA players who flashed vs 3rd and 4th string players. Williams scored 2 TDs vs the Miami Dolphins who were fighting for their playoff lives and no one poached him from the squad. He looked good in PS too. I can’t even remember his first name. Also, faking injuries to stash a player also results in no practice time, which a player in those stages desperately need. I don’t think that actually happens in the NFL.

Happy Excuse Me GIF

Well bless your heart. I sincerely hope you're right and im the jaded football fan. 

Blackshear has been a pleasure to watch and I want him to remain under the Bills umbrella. Regardless, it's gotta feel good if you're an UDFA to know you're on the verge of making a roster - ours or another. 

Edit: I should add that I think you're right and he'd make it to the practice squad. But I'm not confident about it. 60/40.

Edited by NickelCity
  • Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

Is he a gunner? His only shot is to unseat Taiwan. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Happy Excuse Me GIF

Well bless your heart. I sincerely hope you're right and im the jaded football fan. 

Blackshear has been a pleasure to watch and I want him to remain under the Bills umbrella. Regardless, it's gotta feel good if you're an UDFA to know you're on the verge of making a roster - ours or another. 

Haha seriously! I highly doubt teams do that. I would think the commish would dock teams.

For sure, honestly the thing that will play the biggest role is his impact on special teams and KR

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Is he a gunner? His only shot is to unseat Taiwan. 

Or a dynamic KR

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Haha seriously! I highly doubt teams do that. I would think the commish would dock teams.

For sure, honestly the thing that will play the biggest role is his impact on special teams and KR

Or a dynamic KR

Agreed. If he makes the team as the starting KR, that would be great. The question then is whether we cut one of our receivers then, like Hodgins or Crowder.

I agree.  It’s going to hurt if we cut him.  Someone will pick him up.  Namely the Gmen.

It’s not like he can’t help our ST either.  We had huge holes at KR and PR according to everyone.  So much so, that some thought tavon Austin would make the team.  From what I’ve seen, I feel he can be a solid return man and a helluva weapon with the the ball in his hands on O.  Unlikely to get much burn this year, but I think motor will earn more of a payday than we’ll want to pay. Moss, cook and blackshear next year.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.