Cut 15 of these players

Giuseppe Tognarelli

57 minutes ago, ganesh said:

If the GIants wanted him for a starting job, they would have already traded for him

10 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

Why trade for him if he won’t make the Buffalo 53? They lost their drafted nickel to a season ending injury. Not saying it will happen but it might. Honestly I hope I’m wrong. I like him as depth.

Yeah, I have to agree with Seoulofstone. The Giants don't want to give up their picks right now. They suck right now, and they know it. They want to follow the Bills model, which is to accumulate picks, and possibly then trade up for players, including a franchise QB.

Edited by chongli

On 8/20/2022 at 10:49 PM, Apocalypse Nuts said:

I simply cannot express how much I love this response.   I have spent many hours trying to be able to repeat this amazing line.  

Ha. I’m very happy that went over well. When I posted it I thought it might’ve been taken as cheesy. But seeing your name and avatar pic with Brando as Kurtz, I couldn’t resist posting something.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 8/20/2022 at 9:58 PM, Solomon Grundy said:

I think the league should fix this. If said team take our player from PS, we should acquire that teams draft pick for player. 7th rounder for FAs like Blackshear. 

That is definitely not fair for the players.   And it makes no sense for the league.   Your saying that every UDFA, like Blackshear, who signs as a rookie to try and make a team and then gets cut, will cost a 2nd team a draft pick to sign them now.   If the 2nd team wasn't willing to use a draft pick on that player during the draft, why would they do it now. 

Plus if every UDFA that was picked up by 2nd team required a 7th round pick, there would be more than 100 7th round picks.     

On 8/20/2022 at 9:10 PM, John from Riverside said:

Cut Sweeney keep Taiwan Jones they’re not gonna completely wean themselves off of special teams players

Let Bass boom each kick, problem solved. There will be the rare windy day but talent needs to win out.

1 hour ago, Reks Ryan said:

That is definitely not fair for the players.   And it makes no sense for the league.   Your saying that every UDFA, like Blackshear, who signs as a rookie to try and make a team and then gets cut, will cost a 2nd team a draft pick to sign them now.   If the 2nd team wasn't willing to use a draft pick on that player during the draft, why would they do it now. 

Plus if every UDFA that was picked up by 2nd team required a 7th round pick, there would be more than 100 7th round picks.     

No, I'm saying if they take said player from PS, then team should equate draft pick with player. Cut players are cut players. When a team assign a player to their PS, that player has made it through waiver process hence allowing team to add to practice squad

21 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

No, I'm saying if they take said player from PS, then team should equate draft pick with player. Cut players are cut players. When a team assign a player to their PS, that player has made it through waiver process hence allowing team to add to practice squad

Ok. Still don’t agree.  But it’s not an unreasonable proposal. 

Thinking of it from the player’s perspective, draft pick compensation will be a deterrent, which will limit opportunities for some young players to get on an active roster and prove themselves. 

21 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

ok but not all players cut get exposed to waivers. I love that the expanded practice squad model can include a limited number of vets now. They don’t get exposed to waivers and can make a decision on where they want to go. Do they want to be part of this or not? If they chose our practice squad knowing the competition involved…that says a lot about their hunger to win and be part of what we have going on here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.