Cut 15 of these players

Giuseppe Tognarelli

14 hours ago, costrovs said:

I agree with all of your choices except I'd cut Keenum instead of Barkley.

Keenum could easily fetch a 4th rounder from probably several teams...unless the Browns want him back, then it's a 2nd or no deal.

2 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

The Bills got him for a 7th - no team was willing to part with a 4th at that time.  What has changed?

Yesterday's performance aside, a number of teams have no quality backup. Seattle? Denver? Whose gonna backup Tre Lance? Danny Dimes? Also there's bound to be an injury or 2.

Wentz will probably go down, what if Mills or Geoff get hurt?...also see above.  Stafford's tennis elbow may not fully go away...at least I hope it don't for another month.

I'm just saying that at some point, some team may have a major need.

4 hours ago, muppy said:

I read the 2bd board  quite a bit. But I honestly had no idea that at least here most posters opine that Keenum is QB2 with (as according to the emoji response) disagreeing with your post.  So Barkley is a goner to the practice squad?.   . Keenum upgrade from Barkley is consensus opinion.

I think people forgot about how horrible Keenum played 2 weeks ago, and how good Barkley played in our 56-26 romp of the Dolphins week 16 of the 2020-2021 season.

But yeah, I guess a QB on his 8th team in 10 years is reasonable for most people on this board.

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, costrovs said:

I think people forgot about how horrible Keenum played 2 weeks ago, and how good Barkley played in our 56-26 romp of the Dolphins week 16 of the 2020-2021 season.

But yeah, I guess a QB on his 8th team in 10 years is reasonable for most people on this board.

He has been the unquestioned #2 since the moment he became a Bill and that has nothing to do with this board. The coaching staff sees him as a much better option than Barkley. Most backup QBs switch teams every year or every other year, that’s part of the job. 
just think how deep you had to go to get a Barkley game to make your point-mop up duty against a team that had given up because they were already down over 20 points (cue the “well he also had a really good game against the jets 5 years ago) 

20 hours ago, benderbender said:

We're about to set a record for most players poached. Lewis, Spector, Kumerow, Blackshear, Bernard, Benford are gone if they get cut. Most likely to NJ. But there are too many eyes on us this year for them not to be noticed. 

I think you're right about the amount of poached players, but no way Benford gets cut imo too talented. Also no way a 3rd rounder Bernard gets cut that a typo?

3 hours ago, costrovs said:

Keenum is the better backup QB imo as evidenced by his actual starting experience/success when the games count. He is playing  catchup though as Barkley knows the offense like the back of his hand and Barkley to the practice squad.

17 hours ago, Doc said:

Where/who?

I can see them going with 7 WR's and keeping both Hodgins and Kumerow, or perhaps going with a 10th olineman.

Keeping Giles-Harris at LB seems unnecessary given we only play 2 on most downs, plus having a core ST guy in Matakevich and 2 guys we drafted in 
Bernard and Spector (who we should easily get on the practice squad). Not to mention, Smith is eligible to return after week 6.

I see no reason for Giles-Harris to have a spot on the 53.

I admire your guts in cutting Jones. With all the young talent on this team I think its about time.

I like Blackshear but am also liking what I see from Duke. That's a toufh choice. 

Cutting Kumerow assumes Hodgins can succeed on ST. 

Your 53 looks good, we will have a better idea next week.

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

He has been the unquestioned #2 since the moment he became a Bill and that has nothing to do with this board. The coaching staff sees him as a much better option than Barkley. Most backup QBs switch teams every year or every other year, that’s part of the job. 
just think how deep you had to go to get a Barkley game to make your point-mop up duty against a team that had given up because they were already down over 20 points (cue the “well he also had a really good game against the jets 5 years ago) 

I didn't have to go deep at all to think of a game Barkley played well for us in. We had Trubisky as our back up last year and Barkley the 3 years prior. He must be a pretty good back up if we kept him for 3 years and now we brought him back again....  

37 minutes ago, costrovs said:

With a username of Joe Ferguson I'd think you'd be 65+, but your comment makes you sound like you're 12.

Hey, Fergy fans are not that old, lol! I'm only 52, and Feguson was the QB when I first started following the Bills in 1980 at 10.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Seoulofstone said:

I have faith in McB to make the right decisions for what THEY want.

It’s great that so many fringe players have shown flashes though. As much as it would be sad to see promising players leave, I would also be happy for them to further their chances of making it somewhere in the NFL. Was Blackshear mentioned anywhere going into the draft? Did anyone expect Hodgins to have a great preseason?  I’ve always felt that Cam Lewis has done a great job filling in at nickel but if he can get a starting gig at NYG you have to be happy for the financial security that would bring him. 

Joe Marino listed the players lost by Bills after cutdown and it’s really not as bad as people make out. Most of these guys will be kept.

If the GIants wanted him for a starting job, they would have already traded for him

47 minutes ago, ganesh said:

If the GIants wanted him for a starting job, they would have already traded for him

Why trade for him if he won’t make the Buffalo 53? They lost their drafted nickel to a season ending injury. Not saying it will happen but it might. Honestly I hope I’m wrong. I like him as depth.

Edited by Seoulofstone
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.