J. Johnson 271

Kumerow 264

Andre Smith [Susp] 260

Epenesa 144

Poyer 131

Hamlin 125

Jackson 107

A.J. Klein 161[Released]

?Will they still risk Poyer on teams going into the season nicked up?

Only core teams player not returning to date is Klein, [Smith Susp]

Teams are 16% of the total plays, Offense, Defense, ST's.

48 game day actives - suggests you can have 7-8 core special teamers who in most cases would backup other positions.

Food for thought.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

You’re almost spot on except Barkley and Blackshear.  I know Blackshear is having a good camp and a great game yesterday.  Going on previous decisions they most likely won’t keep that many RBs.  I love what I see on Blackshear it’s just too likely he gets to the PS and scooped up by another team.  They’ll place Barkley on the PS as I don’t see anyone taking him.

Mybe if they didn’t keep Neal, but they need him as insurance with Tre.

you did a nice job my Italian friend.  I appreciate the effort.  Unfortunately really deep teams in depth like us and the Ravens are going to cut some NFL caliber players.  Weak teams like the Giants, Texans, Jags, and yeah the Jets will scoop up a lot of these guys.

Neal re-signed with the Bills on a 3-year contract this off season. He is not going anywhere. 

14 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I agree with most of the OP’s choices, but I’d swap out Morris for Sweeney and Spector for Dodson.

Agree with this. My question is, would they swap a 3rd TE for say Kumerow for his ST's. Keeping really only 2 TE's like last year Knox and Howard with Gilliam and Doyle as options for blocking and emergency? Going to be some tough cuts this year.🤔

• Like (+1) 1

I have faith in McB to make the right decisions for what THEY want.

It’s great that so many fringe players have shown flashes though. As much as it would be sad to see promising players leave, I would also be happy for them to further their chances of making it somewhere in the NFL. Was Blackshear mentioned anywhere going into the draft? Did anyone expect Hodgins to have a great preseason?  I’ve always felt that Cam Lewis has done a great job filling in at nickel but if he can get a starting gig at NYG you have to be happy for the financial security that would bring him. 

Joe Marino listed the players lost by Bills after cutdown and it’s really not as bad as people make out. Most of these guys will be kept.

9 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Agree with this. My question is, would they swap a 3rd TE for say Kumerow for his ST's. Keeping really only 2 TE's like last year Knox and Howard with Gilliam and Doyle as options for blocking and emergency? Going to be some tough cuts this year.🤔

Haven't we lined up Dawkins as an eligible in heavy sets?

One of the things I love about the way McD runs camp is that players have a sense of urgency. They do their best and understand that this is a shop window for themselves. Of course their first priority is to make the Bills roster but just making a 53 is life changing wherever that is.

Contrast that with this (last few pages) of this thread regarding the depth and intensity of LAC players:

https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum/forum/los-angeles-chargers-forum-nfl-forum-padres-forum/the-los-angeles-chargers-forum/1369205-cowboys-chargers-preseason-game-day-thread-ps-2/page45

14 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Allen

Keenum

Barkley

Singletary

Moss

Cook

Duke

Blackshear

T. Jones

Gilliam

Diggs

Davis

McKenzie

Crowder

Shakir

Kumerow

Hodgins

Austin

Stevenson

Knox

Howard

Sweeney

Morris

Dawkins

Saffold

Morse

Bates

Brown

Quessenberry

Ford

Mancz

Hart

Doyle

Van Roten

Bass

Araiza

Haack

Ferguson

Miller

Oliver

D. Jones

Rousseau

Epenesa

Phillips

Settle

Basham

Lawson

Bryant

Ankou

Love

Edmunds

Milano

Dodson

Bernard

Giles-Harris

Matakevich

Spector

White

Elam

T. Johnson

Jackson

Benford

Neal

Lewis

Poyer

Hyde

J. Johnson

Hamlin

my attempt at 53- those last 5 cuts are painful!

Edited by Pete

10 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Haven't we lined up Dawkins as an eligible in heavy sets?

Not that I can remember in the last couple of years. 18&19 he had a TD reception,  maybe they tried in 2020 when the were going after the record for most different players to catch a TD? Don't remember any time from last year...🤔

1 minute ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Not that I can remember in the last couple of years. 18&19 he had a TD reception,  maybe they tried in 2020 when the were going after the record for most different players to catch a TD? Don't remember any time from last year...🤔

PFR says Dawkins was targeted once in 2021.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, costrovs said:

I agree with all of your choices except I'd cut Keenum instead of Barkley.

I read the 2bd board  quite a bit. But I honestly had no idea that at least here most posters opine that Keenum is QB2 with (as according to the emoji response) disagreeing with your post.  So Barkley is a goner to the practice squad?.   . Keenum upgrade from Barkley is consensus opinion.

Edited by muppy

12 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

In my estimation, the Bills are currently employing 68 rosterable players. (Not including Boettger and A. Smith, who will be on PUP and suspended, respectively.)

Cut 15 of them to reach 53. In your opinion, who should get the boot? 👢

Allen

Keenum

Barkley

Singletary

Moss

Cook

D. Johnson

Blackshear

T. Jones

Gilliam

Diggs

Davis

McKenzie

Crowder

Shakir

Kumerow

Hodgins

Austin

Stevenson

Knox

Howard

Sweeney

Morris

Dawkins

Saffold

Morse

Bates

Brown

Quessenberry

Ford

Mancz

Hart

Doyle

Van Roten

Bass

Araiza

Haack

Ferguson

Miller

Oliver

D. Jones

Rousseau

Epenesa

Phillips

Settle

Basham

Lawson

Bryant

Ankou

Love

Edmunds

Milano

Dodson

Bernard

Giles-Harris

Matakevich

Spector

White

Elam

T. Johnson

Jackson

Benford

Neal

Lewis

Poyer

Hyde

J. Johnson

Hamlin

Pretty darn close to what I would do,  especially being that our special teams hasn’t been particularly special over the last couple seasons, jmo. 

10 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m kind of going off of what Moss showed last year. I feel like it’s fools gold with him. He’s ok but nothing special IMO. And last year I was kind of just done with him. He’s looked pretty good but at best he’s going to be the 3rd guy here. I certainly don’t feel like Moss is considerably better then Blackshear. I’d rather go with the younger, cheaper faster guy.

my question is why. That would mean that players would conversely get to skate based on past laurels and I dont buy that either.  If he states he is now healthy and was bothered by  a nagging injury last season  to me its not logical to judge him based on those circumstances and not by what you see now this season.  Anyway may the better RB win the roster spot. 

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I don't think he is. This isn't a predictive thread; it's a what-I-would-do thread.

What has he shown? Why is he necessary?

He’s there because of Allen and my guess he will still be until his eligibility runs out.  That said, I think your list is pretty spot on.

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine

1. Barkley

2. Johnson

3. Blackshear

4. Austin

5. Stevenson 

6. Sweeney

7. Morris

8. Hart

9. Van Roten

10. Haack

11. Bryant

12. Ankou

13. Love

14. Giles-Harris

15. Spector 

Edit: The only one I’m on the fence about is Cam Lewis vs. Blackshear. Very close battle for the last spot.

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

9 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I’d like to keep Love, swap him out with Giles-Harris perhaps.  Still interested to see what we do between Keenum & Barkley.

Go Bills!!!!!

Barkley gets cut and signed to the PS. I don’t think it’s even a discussion at OBD.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.