Cut 15 of these players

Giuseppe Tognarelli

6 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Blackshear reminds me of Mike Gilislee, it’ll suck to lose him but all 4 RBs have looked great AND the team clearly loves Jones.

there is always a stud preseason RB that we never give a chance to. I would even go back to Lionel Gates, who was our 7th rounder in 2005 and lit it up in preseason.

there is a serious bias in the NFL Against late-round RBs. And yet so many late rounder or undrafted guys— when actually given the chance— succeed in the NFL (Priest Holmes, Arian Foster, Willie Parker, Fred Jackson, Terrell Davis, etc.)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

there is always a stud preseason RB that we never give a chance to. I would even go back to Lionel Gates, who was our 7th rounder in 2005 and lit it up in preseason.

there is a serious bias in the NFL Against late-round RBs. And yet so many late rounder or undrafted guys— when actually given the chance— succeed in the NFL (Priest Holmes, Arian Foster, Willie Parker, Fred Jackson, Terrell Davis, etc.)

All pre 2010.  League has changed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Oh for sure, plenty who fade away into nothingness also. I love Blackshear’s potential as much as everyone else, but realistically I think he’s viewed as a developmental P-Squad RB with RB 4/ST Demon hopes. 

• Agree 1

I don't understand why you would keep players who do not play ST at all when they will get maybe 4-5 snaps a week or will be inactive due to not playing ST.

It's not like you are keeping a 5th or 6th string player who is going to be playing 35 snaps a game versus a guy who only plays ST.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

All pre 2010.  League has changed.

i agree that the league has changed, but in a way that has actually made top-end RB value even more worthless. There really are no more premium running backs, outside of like two guys. And everything is really a time share.

That’s what makes it frustrating when teams still won’t give these undrafted guys a chance. Odds are— if actually given a chance— Blackshear will outproduce Devin. But we will never know.

• Agree 1

I like Blackshear. I think you just find a way to keep him on the roster. If that means you lose Moss, so be it. Singletary and Cook are going to be the main guys anyway. Keep Blackshear as the 3, let him play ST and work him in here and there. That’s 3 guys they can make plays out of the backfield and you can really be explosive all throughout the game RB wise. Moss just looks way too slow for my liking and Duke..it’s a numbers game

• Disagree 1

26 minutes ago, Jim said:

You're neither.

You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

OMG!!!  Probably the best reply I will receive!!!!  Literally my greatest movie quote ever!

It may be a awhile, but please allow me to buy you dinner/a drink someday!!! 

You f…….ing rule my friend!!!!!!

Edited by Apocalypse Nuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I like Blackshear. I think you just find a way to keep him on the roster. If that means you lose Moss, so be it. Singletary and Cook are going to be the main guys anyway. Keep Blackshear as the 3, let him play ST and work him in here and there. That’s 3 guys they can make plays out of the backfield and you can really be explosive all throughout the game RB wise. Moss just looks way too slow for my liking and Duke..it’s a numbers game

You’d dump Moss, who’s looked really good vs starters and dump him for Blackshear, who’s looked very good vs 3rd stringers? 

12 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i agree that the league has changed, but in a way that has actually made top-end RB value even more worthless. There really are no more premium running backs, outside of like two guys. And everything is really a time share.

That’s what makes it frustrating when teams still won’t give these undrafted guys a chance. Odds are— if actually given a chance— Blackshear will outproduce Devin. But we will never know.

Not sure about Singletary as we haven't seen Blackshear run against a starting defense yet.  In general though, I agree that the abundance of running backs along with the devaluation of their position give late round/undrafted RB's fewer opportunities to prove themselves.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

In my estimation, the Bills are currently employing 68 rosterable players. (Not including Boettger and A. Smith, who will be on PUP and suspended, respectively.)

Cut 15 of them to reach 53. In your opinion, who should get the boot? 👢

Allen

Keenum

Barkley

Singletary

Moss

Cook

D. Johnson

Blackshear

T. Jones

Gilliam

Diggs

Davis

McKenzie

Crowder

Shakir

Kumerow

Hodgins

Austin

Stevenson

Knox

Howard

Sweeney

Morris

Dawkins

Saffold

Morse

Bates

Brown

Quessenberry

Ford

Mancz

Hart

Doyle

Van Roten

Bass

Araiza

Haack

Ferguson

Miller

Oliver

D. Jones

Rousseau

Epenesa

Phillips

Settle

Basham

Lawson

Bryant

Ankou

Love

Edmunds

Milano

Dodson

Bernard

Giles-Harris

Matakevich

Spector

White

Elam

T. Johnson

Jackson

Benford

Neal

Lewis

Poyer

Hyde

J. Johnson

Hamlin

Forgot about Luke Tenuta as well. 

17 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

You’d dump Moss, who’s looked really good vs starters and dump him for Blackshear, who’s looked very good vs 3rd stringers? 

I’m kind of going off of what Moss showed last year. I feel like it’s fools gold with him. He’s ok but nothing special IMO. And last year I was kind of just done with him. He’s looked pretty good but at best he’s going to be the 3rd guy here. I certainly don’t feel like Moss is considerably better then Blackshear. I’d rather go with the younger, cheaper faster guy.

I'd say Morris over Sweeney, Hart over Mancz and Spector over Giles-Harris.

8 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m kind of going off of what Moss showed last year. I feel like it’s fools gold with him. He’s ok but nothing special IMO. And last year I was kind of just done with him. He’s looked pretty good but at best he’s going to be the 3rd guy here. I certainly don’t feel like Moss is considerably better then Blackshear. I’d rather go with the younger, cheaper faster guy.

Moss was injured last year.

10 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Wasn’t Moss banged up? I think the coaching staff not giving him any reps vs even the 2s is telling where he’s at with his development. Moss may not be flashy, but he’s consistent with little things. Good hands and great blocker. 

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

In my estimation, the Bills are currently employing 68 rosterable players. (Not including Boettger and A. Smith, who will be on PUP and suspended, respectively.)

Cut 15 of them to reach 53. In your opinion, who should get the boot? 👢

Allen

Keenum

Barkley

Singletary

Moss

Cook

D. Johnson

Blackshear

T. Jones

Gilliam

Diggs

Davis

McKenzie

Crowder

Shakir

Kumerow

Hodgins

Austin

Stevenson

Knox

Howard

Sweeney

Morris

Dawkins

Saffold

Morse

Bates

Brown

Quessenberry

Ford

Mancz

Hart

Doyle

Van Roten

Bass

Araiza

Haack

Ferguson

Miller

Oliver

D. Jones

Rousseau

Epenesa

Phillips

Settle

Basham

Lawson

Bryant

Ankou

Love

Edmunds

Milano

Dodson

Bernard

Giles-Harris

Matakevich

Spector

White

Elam

T. Johnson

Jackson

Benford

Neal

Lewis

Poyer

Hyde

J. Johnson

Hamlin

Can't argue with much of this. Can nitpick here and there but overall I like it. Just don't see them keeping 6 LB's

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.