Bills -Broncos Post Game Thread Week 2 Preseason

muppy

I'll admit I was down on Moss last year but he is looking better than ever.  That injury must of hampered him a lot last season.

Devin, Zack and James is a great compliment to each other.

Duke gets cut and picked up by another team and Blackshear making it to the PS will be awesome.

If it ended up the other way that would be OK too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'll admit I was down on Moss last year but he is looking better than ever.  That injury must of hampered him a lot last season.

Duke gets cut and picked up by another team and Blackshear making it to the PS will be awesome.

Duke has had some solid NFL seasons.  Unless he had no other offers, I wonder why he signed with the Bills(can’t remember if he signed before or after the draft). 

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Blackshear will not make it to the PS, I’m afraid.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, BTB said:

Duke has had some solid NFL seasons.  Unless he had no other offers, I wonder why he signed with the Bills(can’t remember if he signed before or after the draft). 

He signed way before the draft.  If he knew the Bills would draft Cook, he probably would have signed somewhere else.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BTB said:

He bounced around the practice squads of the Jaguars and Fins last year so I don't think he had many offers and it was before the draft.

11 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Blackshear will not make it to the PS, I’m afraid.

Every team will be cutting around 3 RBs.  That's a lot of players.  Most teams will keep who they have on the team already.

Every player cut is a risk, but I give it better than 50/50 he clears.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

He signed way before the draft.  If he knew the Bills would draft Cook, he probably would have signed somewhere else.

Yeah, they signed him after the dude from Washington reversed his decision.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

I'd be surprised if they are able to sneak Blackshear to PS - he had two good performances for other teams to see 

Kind of crazy how Shakir seems to always be open - it's not like he's breaking ankles with crazy moves - he just always seems to get to the right place

If you go back a couple years you'll likely find other posts that stated the same identical thing except it either had the name Duke Williams or Christian Wade in it instead.

Having said that I do tend to agree he could be grabbed, but almost every year there are threads here stating the same about some player, but most often they do make it the PS untouched by other teams.  Wouldn't be shocked either if you watch the 3rd and 4th quarter of other teams games you'll find similar performances.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BTB said:

They signed him a few weeks before the draft.  It didn't seem like a bad bet at the time,  but when they drafted Cook,  it hurt his chances of being the 3rd down guy,  and with Moss returning strong after a poor season last year,  his chances of being the veteran backup have also significantly decreased.   And now Blackshear may be playing his way into one of the last few roster spots as well. 

It's a good example of how fast things can take a turn for a pretty good depth player.   Most years,  he'd make the team and likely contribute.  This year? Probably not. 

• Like (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

The Denver players had looked like they checked out early on, which is weird as these are the guys fighting for their NFL lives.  Related, why would Denver agree to travel all the way across country for a pre-season game?  Seems a bit stupid.

I was kind of thinking the same thing too, but looking at their schedule  you always try o avoid playing teams you're playing in the regular season and they are playing NFC west teams this year in addition to their own division.  Add onto that not as many west coast teams as teams say east of the Mississippi, likely couldn't find anyone less to play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.