Bills -Broncos Post Game Thread Week 2 Preseason

muppy

5 minutes ago, BTB said:

If true, WGR really needs a delay and dump button.  How embarrassing that a call like that ever gets through. 

If WGR used the dump button for anything other than profanity, their hosts would all be silent.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, BTB said:

Keep in mind that no team is ever going to play 11 backups all at once in the regular season.  The question is, how can 1 or 2 backups play among 9 or 10 starters…when they are needed. 

I realize as much, as does everyone, but Jeesh, that was not a confidence instilling performance by any of them, especially being that their jobs are on the line.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, wjag said:

Trending Up

Keenum

Blackshear

Shakir

Lawson

Hodgins

Cook

Moss

Singletary

Trending down

Nobody really. Hard to tell from the stands. 

Nick McCloud missed several tackles today on Defense and Special Teams.  He did not help himself.  Johnson missed tackles at Safety as well, but probably will not cost him his spot.  Other than that, I got nothing on the negative side.  Very strong showing by the Bills today.

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Going to be some tough cuts with a lot of them being picked-up by other teams.  I think they have to keep Blackshear over Johnson or Jones. 

As for ST's, easy.  Kick TBs every time.

Blackshear is too good to release for a purely special teams rb. He will get snatched up immediately if we try to stash him on the practice squad. 

I didn’t watch the game sadly but that stat line looks pretty impressive especially in the rush department. Even preseason against backups 200 yards at 7 yards per rush is nice. And reading on here might be an all time low for fan complaints after a game. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Tasker was more bearable than usual today

Bearable, yes but his breakdowns is the plays were pretty bad. 

Two that stuck out was saying a receiver was open when he wasn't and the penalty on Morris he said was on the other side of the play during the replay but was right in front of Moss.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Logic said:

Special teams 

I realize that the Bills' three best special teams tacklers -- Matakevitch, Jones, and Neal -- weren't playing. Nevertheless, the Bills gave up too many big kick returns today. When the opposing offense is regularly starting past their own 30 yard line, you're not doing a good enough job making tackles on special teams.

I get what you are saying but there was a lot of 3rd string guys getting looks on ST today.  I even seen a guy who may get cut this coming week

take snaps.  I truly think that McDermott and Smalley want to look at all the options he has.  It's going to be crazy picking the last roster spots

this year.

I also have to keep telling myself that Bass could boom them deep into the endzone and give them the ball at the 25.

It will be so interesting to see what cuts or trades are coming.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I'd be surprised if they are able to sneak Blackshear to PS - he had two good performances for other teams to see 

Kind of crazy how Shakir seems to always be open - it's not like he's breaking ankles with crazy moves - he just always seems to get to the right place

and he has soft sure hands he doesn't drop. It's uncanny how polished he looks already .

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

All Bills RBs had 4+ carries, and Zack Moss was the only one not to average 5+ yards per rush 😡...

...because he was handed the ball twice on the 1 yard line which he effortlessly waltzed in for scores, lowering his average.  Established as goal line back?

*edit*

In fact, he was the only one not to average at least 6.1 yards, and one of only two (Duke Johnson who also had 2 TDs) not to average at least 9.5 yards.

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I didn’t watch the game sadly but that stat line looks pretty impressive especially in the rush department. Even preseason against backups 200 yards at 7 yards per rush is nice. And reading on here might be an all time low for fan complaints after a game. 

realizing that it was the preseason just watching the positional battles and the Bills excel was great to watch. Like I said VERY encouraging. And it's just not QB1 either (although he was absolutely fabulous today) the running game overall was STOUT. I think that is incredibly great news for our offense.

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.