Quarterback Controversy?

Wagon Circler

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No I didn’t!! I said, “I’m not convinced that he couldn’t perform as well as them with the same circumstances.” That doesn’t mean, “at least as good as them.” Don’t distort words to back out of the corner. Most of those guys would be in the 20’s. He’s a top end backup (which is how you get in the top 40). You said that he “wasn’t in the top 40” so I asked you to name the 40 that are definitely better. You haven’t don’t that. You haven’t don’t that because you don’t want to start throwing names like Lock out there. List the 40 that he’s definitely better than. That was what you said. Don’t try to talk about anything else. Say things like “Drew Lock would be a better option if Allen went out.” Please be prepared to defend all 40 names on your list. Either that or retract it because you don’t actually believe it…

Double negatives aside....your point has been pretty clear in each of your posts in this thread.  And suggesting he could equal Josh's win total and come up only a few TDs shy of him this year playing a full season is completely at odds with what this guy has done his whole career.  It's nuts--I see you didn't repeat it in the above post.  

Keenum isn't better than The guys I tossed back from your list.   Comparing him to backups (the only meaningful comparison for this guy): Better than Gino. Maybe Mills too (neither are top 40). Not sure about Lock.  Not better than Winston, Teddy B, probably not better than Trubisky, but that's a toss up. Not better than Minshew, Foles, possibly TT.

I'll toss a bone and say he might be #40. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Double negatives aside....your point has been pretty clear in each of your posts in this thread.  And suggesting he could equal Josh's win total and come up only a few TDs shy of him this year playing a full season is completely at odds with what this guy has done his whole career.  It's nuts--I see you didn't repeat it in the above post.  

Keenum isn't better than The guys I tossed back from your list.   Comparing him to backups (the only meaningful comparison for this guy): Better than Gino. Maybe Mills too (neither are top 40). Not sure about Lock.  Not better than Winston, Teddy B, probably not better than Trubisky, but that's a toss up. Not better than Minshew, Foles, possibly TT.

Thanks

I think that he’s better than Teddy but not TT or Minshew. Foles is awful again. That’s all that I was getting at. That’s the tier. He is a bottom end starter or high end backup. That was the point. The Bills are in great hands with him as their number 2. They were with Trubisky too. Hopefully he never has to play either. 

This team is absolutely loaded. He’s a smart guy that’s a high end game manager. That’s what I want in a backup for this team. They don’t need him to be a playmaker. They need him to take what is given. I do believe that the Bills would win 10 or 11 with him. In terms of, last year, I don’t expect them to be 0-6 in one score games and everything else a double-digit win. That was a strange year. I think that they win 13 or 14 this year. 

3 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Indeed.

Who should we part ways with midseason in return for a 4th rd. pick, #18 or #11?

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

11 will make it to the practice squad. I’m sure that was what he was told before coming back. He’s Josh’s buddy and a sharp guy. He’s the new Davis Webb.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

Assume Bills only keep two QBs. Allen and Keenum. Is it a given Barkley goes to PS?

There was no logical reason to bring Barkley back other than they want him in their QB room as the Davis Webb replacement.  A shocker if it doesn't happen that way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The only ones from the ones mentioned above he's not better than are Minshew and Teddy B (Winston, Trubisky and TT will be the starters).  He's also making several million less than most of those guys.

Edited by Doc
  • Agree 1

It really wasn't a competition... Keenum was penciled in as a #2.. Week 1 in preseason was the only reason there was some debate.

Keenum had one thing to remove the doubts about being #2, which he did agsint Denver...

Barkley runs the scout team and is valuable in the film room 

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

The only ones from the ones mentioned above he's not better than are Minshew and Teddy B (Winston, Trubisky and TT will be the starters).  He's also making several million less than most of those guys.

All 5 are better than Keenum at this point.  The price is irrelevant to this discussion. 

20 hours ago, Wagon Circler said:

This Keenum is...pretty  pretty good.

"Hear me out, we'll REST Josh for the first few games of the year, Keenum will carry us!  Then during the playoff run, we bust out Josh and roll!" - some Bills fan somewhere, I assume.  

:beer:

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

All 5 are better than Keenum at this point.  The price is irrelevant to this discussion. 

That's what I said (the discussion was about backups) and the backups to the 3 starters are worse.  And price absolutely makes a difference.  The Bills could have spent twice as much to get Teddy B (Minshew was under contract to the Eagles), but for what?  Not to mention there's a chance Teddy B could be the Dols' eventual starter.

Edited by Doc

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.