2022 Tremaine Edmunds Prediction & Watch Thread

elijah

10 hours ago, SoMAn said:

I’ve been a vocal critic of Edmunds, but I have a feeling he’s aware of the criticism and will work hard to shut us up. With the reinforced D-line and another year of experience and maturity, I won’t be surprised if he blossoms into the LB we all want him to be. 

If there was any evidence of this whatsoever I'd be on bored.  His first two years were better than his last two.  The only noted improvement I've seen is his tackling ability despite today's blunder.

On 8/20/2022 at 4:21 PM, Buffalo Timmy said:

Tremaine was injured in the Indy game, so your point is that he is very impactful because you notice his loss. Tremaine is asked to be a different LB so we can run a base nickel, you thinking the leading tackler on the number 1 ranked defense is not good is crazy. 

He is not asked to do anything different.  All he and Milano do is play middle of the field,  no different than any other NFL linebacker.  That's their job .

Fred Warner, Darius Leonard,  Micah Parsons, Levonte David are the gold standard of what a linebacker is in the NFL today, and how the NFL games are trending.  Pass coverage, tackling, taking down RB's.  There is no comparing these guys to Tremaine, Tremaine is not even on the same page as these other LB's.  Even C.J. Mosely and even Foyesade Oluokun are way better than Tremaine.  All these teams play a different scheme D as compared to Buffalo.   But a linebacker still needs to line up behind the D-line and have to react to the play happening in front of them.  This has not changed.

You can have padded inflated stats and be just average.  That is what Tremaine is.  He is just average.  

Our defense last year was just a smoke and mirror defense.   When they played a good team they mostly got their butts handed to them.  Indy, TB,  KC in the playoffs are proof.  When and where was the #1 defense when called upon to perform, or step it up,  against these good teams,  it was MIA in these games.

All I can say is that last years #1 D gave up 552 yards to KC in a playoff game.  Pathetic.   Last 13 seconds of that game and OT defines that #1 D in two words. .......

Absolutely overrated.

I really hope this year is different with all the new D-line players and Von being brought in and $ they spent .  We will see on Thursday night in LA.  I hate to say it but if the D plays the way they did last year Buffalo is going to be very long night.   Our entire locker rooms CB depth in this game are going to be rookie level at best. 

Tre-White is not ready by a long shot despite what everyone has seen of him on the practice field.  It was no different at SJFC training camp he was not even close to being ready.  Just riding a stationary bike still means he is at least 3 months away.  Not good.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

6 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

He is not asked to do anything different.  All he and Milano do is play middle of the field,  no different than any other NFL linebacker.  That's their job .

Fred Warner, Darius Leonard,  Micah Parsons, Levonte David are the gold standard of what a linebacker is in the NFL today, and how the NFL games are trending.  Pass coverage, tackling, taking down RB's.  There is no comparing these guys to Tremaine, Tremaine is not even on the same page as these other LB's.  Even C.J. Mosely and even Foyesade Oluokun are way better than Tremaine.  All these teams play a different scheme D as compared to Buffalo.   But a linebacker still needs to line up behind the D-line and have to react to the play happening in front of them.  This has not changed.

You can have padded inflated stats and be just average.  That is what Tremaine is.  He is just average.  

Our defense last year was just a smoke and mirror defense.   When they played a good team they mostly got their butts handed to them.  Indy, TB,  KC in the playoffs are proof.  When and where the #1 defense when called upon to perform, or step it up,  against these good teams,  it was MIA in these games.

All I can say is that last years #1 D gave up 552 yards to KC in a playoff game.  Pathetic.   Last 13 seconds of that game and OT defines that #1 D in two words. .......

Absolutely overrated.

I really hope this year is different with all the new D-line players and Von being brought in and $ they spent .  We will see on Thursday night in LA.  I hate to say it but if the D plays the way they did last year Buffalo is going to be very long night.   Our entire locker rooms CB depth in this game are going to be rookie level at best. 

Tre-White is not ready by a long shot despite what everyone has seen of him on the practice field.  It was no different at SJFC training camp he was not even close to being ready.  Just riding a stationary bike still means he is at least 3 months away.  Not good.

Ray of sunshine 

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

Our defense last year was just a smoke and mirror defense.   When they played a good team they mostly got their butts handed to them.  Indy, TB,  KC in the playoffs are proof.  When and where was the #1 defense when called upon to perform, or step it up,  against these good teams,  it was MIA in these games.

Absolutely overrated.

Not sure how to argue with someone who does not realize the responsibility of LB in a 4-2 defense are the same as a 3-4 LB. Pointing out that the entire defense had a bad game against KC is not a good valuation for Edmunds, but blaming him for the last 13 seconds is perfect for you, Mahomes did not throw near him and he was right where he was told to be, but you blame him. As for the rest of your screed, Tre is not 3 months from being on the field and if we struggle week one, which I expect, it will be because the Rams are really good and just won the SB.

Edited by Buffalo Timmy

My prediction…

He will excel at jumping on a pile of tacklers 5-10 yards down the field, and be super effective with his 200” wingspan standing in the middle of the field while covering no one in particular.

He will SUCK at rushing the passer, finding the right gap on running plays, creating turnovers, and being involved in TFL. 

Yep…pay the man!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Not a Tremaine fan regardless of his so called responsibilities .

Like the Kid though
 But sometimes he need to play downhill for real. Not play laterally. Last year i saw a few nice tackle to stop progress , but do not act like you are waiting for the safety to come down to help. that's just wrong mindset.

No one shall pass should be his thinking period 

sorry its a  LB mentality

He doesn’t have “nasty” in him, or what some describe as “that dog.” When Von Miller said he was feeding Groot gunpowder and gasoline to bring out the beast, I was thinking Tremaine needed to be on that same diet.
It’s fine to be a soft spoken player if you make your presence felt on the field, Jerry Rice was that way, but it’s probably tougher to do when your job is to attack. Who was the last quiet LBer who was a force? Chris Spielman?

3 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

Absolutely overrated.

Damn ….I was all jacked about the season….now I am concerned

3 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

Absolutely overrated.

Go look up the pass defense stats of those LBs you listed, their missed tackle rate, and the percent of tackles make within the first 3 yards.

Or keep going off of all the other lazy misconceptions on TBD that are endlessly regurgitated. 

2 hours ago, BTB said:

My prediction…

He will excel at jumping on a pile of tacklers 5-10 yards down the field, and be super effective with his 200” wingspan standing in the middle of the field while covering no one in particular.

He will SUCK at rushing the passer, finding the right gap on running plays, creating turnovers, and being involved in TFL. 

Yep…pay the man!!!!!

He makes the sexiest gang tackles in the NFL. He also does a great job just looking scary in the middle of the field.

he’s like a scarecrow

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Go look up the pass defense stats of those LBs you listed, their missed tackle rate, and the percent of tackles make within the first 3 yards.

Or keep going off of all the other lazy misconceptions on TBD that are endlessly regurgitated. 

Lmao my dude edmunds would be locked up right now if this was the case.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

Absolutely overrated.

Agreed everything about Edmonds.

As to our CBs and the opener.  

Taron Johnson has Kupp.

Our Secondary can handle the Rams WRs because they lack the speed you need to beat us.

Or, Derek Henry and Jonathan Taylor.

Their offense is the least of my concerns.  Our D line has me feeling much better about our D.  

And Elam and Benford playing against Diggs and Davis everyday hasn't led to Beane looking for help at CB.

6 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

October 31 vs Green Bay.  

I've been saying this for weeks if not months.  And if we're 4-2 going into that game they won't rush it. 

Who in the Packers WR core worries you?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.