"Flacco on fire" in Jets camp / Mims requests trade (p.5)

Inigo Montoya

58 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I know it's the Jets but they lit a guy on fire?

Flacco got to close to the dumpster… 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

We might be in trouble guys 

After watching this video, I am more convinced than ever that this guy is going to be a tremendous failure as a head coach.  If nobody watching this video can believe or buy into what he's saying (which is clearly the case), the players are not going to buy in either.  Young, slight guys need a certain charisma to be successful leaders of big, strong, alpha males that are on NFL rosters.  Some guys have it - like McVay - but this guy doesn't.  (And to qualify my statement, ALL NFL coaches need a certain charisma to be successful, but guys who are young/inexperienced and don't have a physical presence need it even more.)

I do agree that it's good for a coach to hype up his players a bit to help them gain confidence in themselves (it worked wonders when Don Granato did it for Rasmus Dahlin with the Sabres last year), but this is just way too far over the top.  To further add, while he's not young, Don Granato does not have a physical presence, but has a certain charisma that appeals to professional athletes - and the same could be said for Sean McDermott, although Sean was a bad-ass wrestler and did play college football as a DB.  In both cases, I think that their honestly and directness has won over the respect of their players, whereas McDaniel is clearly fully of sh*t.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

giphy.gif

Hilarious! Honestly, I'd be afraid to type this in a search box to find this GIF, for all the potential spam. OR! My wife asking me "Honey, what's this in our search history?" 😂

31 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

These are the type of ball in baseball we would call "floaters"

In my day we used to say "Here's a pack of crayons, color in that rainbow arm"!

😀

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.