"Flacco on fire" in Jets camp / Mims requests trade (p.5)

Inigo Montoya

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

We might be in trouble guys 

McDaniel is a weasel looking dude.

funniest part was at 0:46 you could actually see him come to the realization that what he is saying is complete bull$Pit but he ends up doubling down anyway. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mr Info said:

Flacco is 2-14 in the last 16 games he has started.

In the last three years Flacco has played for 3 different teams as backup starting 16 games winning 2. 

None of the teams did well with or without him so blame can hardly be put on his shoulder for he was not put in position to win.

He however is not a QB who tends to flash winning games you do not expect on his efforts.

12 hours ago, msw2112 said:

After watching this video, I am more convinced than ever that this guy is going to be a tremendous failure as a head coach.  If nobody watching this video can believe or buy into what he's saying (which is clearly the case), the players are not going to buy in either.

Agree.  After watching that video, I question if McDaniel can last a full season in Miami.
"... I don't really care what happens.  My job is to try"   - haha
He will soon find out that what happens really does matter.

12 hours ago, Logic said:

Imagine being a Phins or Jets fan and going from 17 years of Brady straight into the Josh Allen era? We're potentially talking about a 30 year+ stretch where there's just a dominant phenom QB ruling the division, and he doesn't play for your team. Yikes.

And this - right here - is the thought of the day.  I can't stop laughing.  Thank God WE were the team that ended up with the real QB.

1 hour ago, Whites Bay said:

And this - right here - is the thought of the day.  I can't stop laughing.  Thank God WE were the team that ended up with the real QB.

Poor Jets traded up past the Bills and picked Darnold. They had a shot at the best QB and let him slip right by to a division rival 

very similar to The packers in the NFC north. Farve To Rodgers 

So, long term...Saleh might be good, and is worth worrying about.  Flacco looking good can only be more evidence that Wilson is a bust.  Which means the Jets will need to go to the well AGAIN at qb.  But Saleh won't tank, so what to do? 

I foresee the imminent arrival of Garappalo.

8 hours ago, Limeaid said:

In the last three years Flacco has played for 3 different teams as backup starting 16 games winning 2. 

None of the teams did well with or without him so blame can hardly be put on his shoulder for he was not put in position to win.

He however is not a QB who tends to flash winning games you do not expect on his efforts.

This, plus, if Flacco had a gift for the position, it would have been visible at some point over those 16 games, and someone would have inserted him as a true starter.   Allen was a star his rookie season, by any means, and he wasn't playing on a great team, but he did enough to make everyone realize he would be the starter the following season.   Flacco just doesn't have it. 

And, as others have said, EVERY team is excited about some guys in preseason.   It's like Jones looks like he'll be the league MVP at QB for the Pats.  Last night, the Rams announcers were raving about no-name backup corner backs.   In Buffalo, it's Hodgins - OMG, the guy must be two steps from the Hall of Fame.

When the season starts, the flaws will come out, on every team. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, aristocrat said:

We might be in trouble guys 

Good grief. I mean, I understand teams are going to hype their players up, that's just part of the gig. But the Dolphins have hyped Tua up to a point where if he doesn't come out and look like Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Pat Mahomes, and Josh Allen combined he'll be labeled a disappointment. I've never seen so much BS surrounding a QB. They're overselling the dude at this point. Maybe that's the goal. Maybe they're like, "Well, we really coached him up and did a good job but there's just no substitute for game situations and he's uh, he's just really struggling right now. That said, our starter next week is Neil O'Donnell."

11 hours ago, ChasBB said:

Agree.  After watching that video, I question if McDaniel can last a full season in Miami.
"... I don't really care what happens.  My job is to try"   - haha
He will soon find out that what happens really does matter.

Nothing about him makes me think he's head coach material, but what do I know. 

Eff the phins.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Limeaid said:

The 2019 Broncos were 2-6 with Flacco and 5-3 without him, but I still get your point with the Jets.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.