The State of the Bills the last time we played the Broncos in preseason

BillsFan619

2 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

This was the year that we started out 4-1 and beat the Pats in dramatic fashion 34-31. Most were thinking playoffs.

I tapped out at the beginning of that year as I knew we were gonna suck and I was BEAT DOWN. So, I didn’t get the Sunday ticket.

Week number six, Sunday morning Directv calls me: “ Mr.Buffalo Boy, y would you be interested in getting the Sunday Ticket for the remainder of the season for ( whatever it was $130 or something). Golly Gee , I sure would I said……,

We lost like the next 5 games in a row🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I SO enjoy where we are right now!!!!!

1 hour ago, st pete gogolak said:

If McGee had scored a touchdown on the kick return against the Saints it would be in the running for the greatest touchdown in NFL history.  What's really frustrating is that if you look at the field when McGee is around the 15 yard line, statistically he probably has better than a 90% chance of scoring.  Total fluke that he went down.  Oh well, that was the Bills until Beane and McDermott got here.

Truly Amazing Return

How did he not score? He had a convoy of 5 or 6 Bills and one Saint and was tripped up.

It must have been because he was totally exhausted 

1 hour ago, ticketssince61 said:

Truly Amazing Return

How did he not score? He had a convoy of 5 or 6 Bills and one Saint and was tripped up.

It must have been because he was totally exhausted 

Terrence has talked about that return at length in multiple interviews

Basically He said when He got down there he had his eyes on the one saints player… He wasn’t sure if he would go inside or around or cut the blocker down 

And by the time he cut the blocker , He said he literally had no legs left… Tried to hurdle and could barely get off the ground

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It's either Stevie Johnson who wouldn't start but would beat out our outside receiver depth or Andy Levitre who would probably start at guard.

Eric wood could play center and guard at probably a higher level than levitre 

he was an amazing athlete for a 310 pounder 

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Brian Moorman so we could unite the punt gods!

But I would probably take either Andy Levitre or Terrance McGee because of our lack of quality depth at those positions.

I'd be curious how Stevie Johnson and Fred Jackson would perform in our offense.

I'd like Brian but as an assistant coach teaching Punt Godling the tricks so he can get up to speed faster.

Stevie holds the record for consequetive 1000 yard seaons for Bills - that tells how good he was.

Stevie worked really well with Fitzpatrick for Stevie would adjust route on fly to make spots he needed to be at making some QBs including all-Pro Revis look silly - no CB could anticipate his route (I call it route blazing not route running).  Other QBs had issue with Stevie but I do not think Allen would.

Fred would just perform in this offense and would reduce need for Josh to run.

Wonderful post, OP.  Love the walk down memory lane.  I remember this season well and still feel the heartache after that great win against the Pats.

Kyle and Fred are my picks and I have to say just because this years team seems to have such a good d line,  I would pick FJ.  I just think he would add a vertical power dimension to the running game.  Like Kyle,  he was just so fun to watch.

Thanks again for starting this great thread.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.