ESPN position rankings

TPS

17 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Want to take a crack at naming 11 teams with better WR’s? 

Teams WR groups Id definitely put ahead of the bills: Bengals, Bucs, Dolphins, Rams

Teams WR groups that are likely better than the Bills but an argument could be made: Eagles, raiders, 49ers, chargers, Vikings, Cardinals

Teams WR groups that are in the same tier and could go either way: Seahawks, Broncos, Saints (somewhat relying on Thomas to return to form)

Earlier I said they were probably in the 9-15 range, but I think I'll adjust it to 8-13 range. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Watkins101 said:

Teams WR groups Id definitely put ahead of the bills: Bengals, Bucs, Dolphins, Rams

Teams WR groups that are likely better than the Bills but an argument could be made: Eagles, raiders, 49ers, chargers, Vikings, Cardinals

Teams WR groups that are in the same tier and could go either way: Seahawks, Broncos, Saints (somewhat relying on Thomas to return to form)

Earlier I said they were probably in the 9-15 range, but I think I'll adjust it to 8-13 range. 

49ers, Chargers, Broncos, Saints????

There really only one question now,

Do we like ESPN or not?

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Bills should be higher in our eyes b.c we are projecting what our guys are capable of. Right now with DE we have Von and a bunch of young guys, but we are thinking they will make the jump this year.

This. 

We have a lot of projection involved in our roster.  

OL at 14.  I think is pretty accurate.  On paper they are a middle of the pack group.  If Bates and Brown make a jump, they’re a top 10 group.  

If Ed Oliver makes another jump, DT is a top 10 group.  If Settle proves he was buried on the depth chart and has starter talent and Phillips regains his Buffalo form, this group could be top 5. 

If Rousseau, Basham and AJ make any kind of jump, DE could be a top 5 group. 

If Davis and McKenzie continue to ascend.. again, top 10 group.  

Those are all plausible “ifs”, but they aren’t ranking position groups based on potential. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Josh is ranked 1 or 2 in my mind…. In no particular order I’d rank Dolphins, Bengals, Bucs, Chargers, Bengals, Saints, 49ers, Raiders, Rams, Vikings, Broncos, and maybe Seattle and Arizona better than Buffalos group…. The WR group had consistently gotten worse since 2020 and continues to be overrated by Bills fans. 

I don’t think anyone can say underrated or overrated.   I’d say “unproven” is the word that applies.  

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

19 is too low for the DT's...everything else is basically accurate. Maybe WR 9-10 range? OL @ 14 is generous. 

Dawkins and Saffold are Pro Bowl caliber, Morse is an above average center, Bates was playing at a high level at the end of last season (as seen by contract Bears offered him) and Spencer Brown is coming off a so so rookie year. In terms of depth, yes we have questions but we do have veteran guys who have started in the past so it's not horrible. Let's face it this isn't Langston Walker Derrick Dockery bad anymore so #14 is actually to me accurate. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

49ers, Chargers, Broncos, Saints????

Deebo Samuel had over 1400 yards last year and Ayuik had over 800 with significantly worse QB play than the bills. 
chargers had 2 guys with 1100+ yards last year. 
Broncos are a bit of a stretch as last years stats don’t really back it up, but they had Teddy Bridgewater and Drew Lock at QB so it’s a little hard to evaluate. 
like I mentioned with the Saints, it does rely on Michael Thomas being healthy, but they added Jarvis Landry and that is a very solid 1-2 punch if Thomas is healthy.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

I think I agree with @ScottLaw on this one. I think Allen makes it so our WRs will have the production of a top 10 group, and Im pretty confident about that. However, I dont think that is due to our recievers group being the best in the league, I think they are likely somewhere in the 9-15 range. Look at Diggs stats going from Minnesota to Buffalo. His career year was 1,130 yards and had gotten to 1000 yards 2 of his 5 seasons. He comes to the bills and starts playing with Josh Allen and those stats take a big jump. I think with any top 20 WR, Allen would be throwing for 1200+ yards to them. Diggs and Davis may both hit the 1,000 mark, but if you had an average QB throwing to them instead (think Mac Jones) maybe Diggs hits 1,000, but doubt Gabe would. 

Lol. Josh makes them top 5 in production not just top 10. In the past two seasons our WR room has produced pretty much more than any other team. So unless we think sanders and Beasley were that critical to our passing game (think playoffs show otherwise) our WR room is easily top 10 and the production will be top 5 which will be a drop off from previous years. 

4 hours ago, TPS said:

Sorry about that.

Other position rankings not mentioned in OP for the Bills:

WR = 12  (low imho)

RB = 24

TE = 13

Edge = 9

LB = 8

CB = 8

WR I don't think is low. 

Stefon Diggs is bottom side of the Top 10 WRs in the league. 

Gabe Davis has a shot to move up the board this year. 

Past that, Crowder is an average veteran, Shakir is a rookie, and McKenzie has never been trusted by this Coaching Staff for high percentage reps. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, TPS said:

Sorry about that.

Other position rankings not mentioned in OP for the Bills:

WR = 12  (low imho)

RB = 24

TE = 13

Edge = 9

LB = 8

CB = 8

Awesome! Thanks for that. Yes, I agree WR is way too low, but maybe they think Davis has to prove himself over the full year as a starter.

I actually agree for the most part, this team isn’t in the top five rosters league wide IMHO. Only once Allen exploded did the shift start taking place by outside observers that the Bills roster is stacked. 

It’s a very good roster 6-10 range, Allen makes the offensive roster look like the best unit and it’s simply not.

6 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

Good post. Agree with evrything

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, julian said:

I actually agree for the most part, this team isn’t in the top five rosters league wide IMHO. Only once Allen exploded did the shift start taking place by outside observers that the Bills roster is stacked. 

It’s a very good roster 6-10 range, Allen makes the offensive roster look like the best unit and it’s simply not.

I'm about as far from a Bills homer as it gets, but the roster being 6th - 10th is laughable.  They have question marks but so does every team in the league.  They are a top 3 roster with incredible depth at multiple positions.  If White was healthy, I would list them #1.  Right now my top 3 in no particular order is Tampa, Buffalo, and LA Chargers.  All three have question marks.  Will age finally catch up to Brady?  Can the Chargers rebuilt defense come together quickly?  And in Buffalo can the CBs step up until White and will Davis emerge as a true #2.  

This should get the board riled up...

Now if you include coaching then I would agree a 5-7th overall ranking probably is correct. McD and Frazier cost us a SB last year and both are back with a massive question mark at OC.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea… really confused why people think the WR group as is is a top 10/5 group. 

Production the past two years is why. They are top 1 or 2 in most categories. Yeah they have unproven pieces but it’s not as if Beas and sanders are irreplaceable.

I know you didn’t mention it about diggs but it’s laughable to say he’s barely top 10. He has more production from the outside than almost any other receiver. He doesn’t get easy yards from playing in the slot like some of the other top guys. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.