Former Bill WR Duke Williams fined by the CFL

PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, Wacka said:

If it was poutine, no fine. Who is the CFL  licensed supplier of poutine?

For his team (Saskatchewan Roughriders), probably the closest thing is their partnership with A&W.  Their poutine isn't that bad.  Western Pizza is also a partner and has poutine on their menu, but they use mozzarella cheese and not cheese curds, so they don't count.

If going by where they were playing (Edmonton Elks), the closest thing is their partnership with Tim Hortons.  Their poutines use cheese curds, but are made with potato wedges instead of fries, so up to you if that counts.

The CFL itself doesn't list their partners/sponsors on their website like the individual teams do.  If needed, I could contact the office of Owen Welsh, Senior Director of Corporate Sponsorships in the morning if only for the laugh.

Yes, I am Canadian, a fan of poutine (Swiss Chalet makes a great approximation of one with their chicken and Chalet Sauce instead of gravy), and a research nerd.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

He's in the CFL? I thought this was gonna be the year he was league MVP playing for the Bills. Huge mistake by the Bills not keeping him on the roster. He's Jerry Rice 2.0

I mean, we need outside WR depth!

Who wouldn't love to watch Josh get him 10 targets in the playoffs again?

10 hours ago, Limeaid said:

He was fined for not dipping his nachos into the Poutine.

No Lime, he was fined for…

The CFL said…

Those crazy Canucks don’t play around!

6 hours ago, wppete said:

The most laughable league in sports. 

But at least they have Curling.  Anyone have a spare broom?

• Haha (+1) 1

Much ado about NOTHING. The CFL should thank their lucky stars to have Duke Williams bring the fans a bit of joy and laughter. How dare he?

@-@

geesh

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

It wasn't his to eat.

The fine to him even says, "that was nacho cheese"

wacka wacka wacka lol

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

LOL.  The NFL has the Lambeau Leap and all it's offspring variants.

The CFL has "La Routine avec la Poutine"

I had to google translate that.... In hindsight no I didn't but 

"Routine with Poutine"

12 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

It's hard to have a "security protocol" when the fans are on the field and held back by less than a rope. What security?

The Canadians have to live up to that 'extremely polite' persona.  Except when they scrap with the players as seen in Toronto last year. 😁

11 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

For his team (Saskatchewan Roughriders), probably the closest thing is their partnership with A&W.  Their poutine isn't that bad.  Western Pizza is also a partner and has poutine on their menu, but they use mozzarella cheese and not cheese curds, so they don't count.

If going by where they were playing (Edmonton Elks), the closest thing is their partnership with Tim Hortons.  Their poutines use cheese curds, but are made with potato wedges instead of fries, so up to you if that counts.

The CFL itself doesn't list their partners/sponsors on their website like the individual teams do.  If needed, I could contact the office of Owen Welsh, Senior Director of Corporate Sponsorships in the morning if only for the laugh.

Yes, I am Canadian, a fan of poutine (Swiss Chalet makes a great approximation of one with their chicken and Chalet Sauce instead of gravy), and a research nerd.

the best time/place to eat Poutine is in a Quebec eastern township diner at 2 in the morning

2 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

the best time/place to eat Poutine is in a Quebec eastern township diner at 2 in the morning

I've once had the pleasure of traveling to Montreal for a convention, where I had an amazing smoked meat poutine from a place famous for their meat.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.