Bills Media Guide

Albany,n.y.

1 hour ago, BTB said:

Any idea if these are available for sale in the Bills store?

There is something to be said for having one to flip through during the season. 

I don't think they've printed one in years.  The last printed one I have is from 2008. I have a half a shelf of Bills media guides from the old printing days.  Same thing is true for the NFL Record and Fact Guide which printed for the last time in 2014.  Here's a link to that publication, free from the NFL website.  https://static.www.nfl.com/image/upload/league/apps/league-site/media-guides/2022/2022_NFL_Record_and_Fact_Book.pdf

2 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

I too would like to give you a hug.  I will wait in line.

Please let all the women in front of that line.  

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

I don't think they've printed one in years.  The last printed one I have is from 2008. I have a half a shelf of Bills media guides from the old printing days.  Same thing is true for the NFL Record and Fact Guide which printed for the last time in 2014.  Here's a link to that publication, free from the NFL website.  https://static.www.nfl.com/image/upload/league/apps/league-site/media-guides/2022/2022_NFL_Record_and_Fact_Book.pdf

Thanks.  😞

45 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Are these free, asking for a friend..

They're all free.  Unfortunately for old guys like me who used to collect the printed copies, there is no option to buy one.  I guess if I really wanted to I could do what i did in 2009 when I printed out the disk the Bills sent me when I used to have seasons.  I realized how much paper & toner I wasted & never did that again.  I have printed stuff like the Bills pages in the NFL Record and Fact Book and the schedule, but other than that, it's too much printing.  Now if I wasn't retired & still worked in an office...

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BTB said:

Any idea if these are available for sale in the Bills store?

There is something to be said for having one to flip through during the season. 

You could take the PDF and have Office Depot print off a spiral bound book.  I made operators guides for my company in the past and had them printed like that from the PDF I made for them.  They come out pretty nice as long as the PDF is good resolution

Pretty neat... the last time we played Denver in pre season was Von Millers rookie season.  Strange how stuff like this works out.

Edited by Scott7975

25 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

You could take the PDF and have Office Depot print off a spiral bound book.  I made operators guides for my company in the past and had them printed like that from the PDF I made for them.  They come out pretty nice as long as the PDF is good resolution

Pretty neat... the last time we played Denver in pre season was Von Millers rookie season.  Strange how stuff like this works out.

How much would they charge for a single copy?  It's almost 400 pages.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

59 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

How much would they charge for a single copy?  It's almost 400 pages.

eek.  I didnt realize it was that big.  You can actually go on their site: https://www.officedepot.com/vendor/vendorRouter.do;jsessionid=0000ZnD3fI6mpSh1FntJTkDN9W7:17h4h7dc6?id=768851&configurableItemType=CPD#/designer

and upload the PDF then build and customize the whole project.  Afterwards you can just purchase it right from the project and pick it up when its ready.  I uploaded the PDF to see the cost.  Without any customization its about $210 bucks.  I put the link above to the tools on their site so you can play around with it and see what the product actually looks like... even flip through the pages.  You might try the drop down and change it from "manual" to something else, it might be cheaper I am not sure.

It's a lot cheaper to print it on a B&W printer at home.  Paper only costs around $5 bucks if you buy it in bulk.  Even if you use most of a toner cartridge the brand name is $70 & the discount around $30.  So using the cheapest toner & paper it comes in less than $35, or less than $75 using original toner cartridges.  

I'm still not going to print it because as Dr. Rick from Progressive says "You don't need to print the internet." 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Can I hug you?

Honestly, I really want to right now.  Please don't think I am joking.  I feel it in my bones.

Thank you, my friend.

Do you need a hug?

Carefulmwhat you wish Donuts.  Have a good day bud.  Thanks Albany for sharing.  It’s so nice as you get to learn a little more about players you don’t know as much about.  Most TBDers know the stars, but it’s cool learning more about Elam, Matt Barkley, J. Johnson, etc.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It's a lot cheaper to print it on a B&W printer at home.  Paper only costs around $5 bucks if you buy it in bulk.  Even if you use most of a toner cartridge the brand name is $70 & the discount around $30.  So using the cheapest toner & paper it comes in less than $35, or less than $75 using original toner cartridges.  

I'm still not going to print it because as Dr. Rick from Progressive says "You don't need to print the internet." 

lol, I love that line.

I'll just read it on the tablet...

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Do you need a hug?

Carefulmwhat you wish Donuts.  Have a good day bud.  Thanks Albany for sharing.  It’s so nice as you get to learn a little more about players you don’t know as much about.  Most TBDers know the stars, but it’s cool learning more about Elam, Matt Barkley, J. Johnson, etc.

Guns...albeit briefly...I will be seeing Josh Allen in a game tomorrow for the first time in my life.  My daughter, wife and I get to see him at the same time at what might be our only Bills game this year.

In short...I am in that mood to give and to receive hugs.  

I am very excited...kids day game with my daughter.  I cannot wait!

GO BILLS!  GO DADS!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.