Deshaun Watson to be suspended 11 games via settlement

YoloinOhio

Just now, Captain Caveman said:

no he's already suspended 11 games before this came out, and assuming he is meeting all of the terms of his agreement with the league.

so no team activities whatsoever , right?

If that’s the case then I have a hard time believing that he plays @HOU week 13 (although you just know the networks want him to.)

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

If that’s the case then I have a hard time believing that he plays @HOU week 13 (although you just know the networks want him to.)

I believe so but don't quote me.  Even if he can't practice with the team, I'd be shocked if he's not out there in the first game he's eligible.  Sure, he'll be rusty, but the only way to really shake off 2 years of rust is to play, and he's not coming back from an ACL or some other injury.

Edited by Captain Caveman

1 minute ago, Captain Caveman said:

I believe so but don't quote me.  Even if he can't practice with the team, I'd be shocked if he's not out there in the first game he's eligible.  Sure, he'll be rusty, but the only way to really shake off 2 years of rust is to play, and he's not coming back from an ACL or some other injury.

maybe you’re right, i just foresee that being pretty ugly for the Browns if he hasn’t even had a chance to practice with the offense at all.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

maybe you’re right, i just foresee that being pretty ugly for the Browns if he hasn’t even had a chance to practice with the offense at all.

Which would be great to see. Getting thrown right back into football after being away for all that time, hardly any practice with a new team, going back to a city that should be a hostel environment for him (if the fans show up). Could be quite the blow (no pun intended) to his psyche and the mental aspect of his game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

He’s back in the facility this week but idk all of what he’s been doing 

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

1 hour ago, Captain Caveman said:

Watson is allowed to start practicing Nov 14.  Two weeks before he is allowed to play.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

I was very relieved that he won't be playing against us, not for any competitive reasons (well mostly) but because that's the one game on the schedule that looks like it will work to take my son to.

I’m still mentally preparing some barbs to regale the Cleveland sideline with, Watson or no Watson

;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.