Deshaun Watson to be suspended 11 games via settlement

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Wait….so you can get sued now for pressuring a woman into giving you oral sex? No physical assault or rape…just trying too hard to convince a woman (who eventually obliged) can cost you millions??? Definitely not defending Watson but the idea it’s some sort of civil liability attached to pressuring a woman to have oral sex who eventually does the job….is CRAZY to me!

Something tells me you'd be singing a different tune if your boss tried to pressure you into giving him oral sex while you were trying to do your job. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Wait….so you can get sued now for pressuring a woman into giving you oral sex? No physical assault or rape…just trying too hard to convince a woman (who eventually obliged) can cost you millions??? Definitely not defending Watson but the idea it’s some sort of civil liability attached to pressuring a woman to have oral sex who eventually does the job….is CRAZY to me!

It's crazy to Harvey Weinstein too, but here we are.

If Watson threatened to use his fame or celebrity to ruin this woman's business or reputation if she did not give him what he wanted, it's an assault.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Wow. Of all the bad takes I’ve seen on this website…. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 7

25 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Think about the situation for a second, some young girl alone in a room with a big NFL football player, talk about intimidation.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Think about the situation for a second, some young girl alone in a room with a big NFL football player, talk about intimidation.

Exactly, I don't think a lot of guys realize how intimidating situations like these can be for women. I've had more than one woman friend tell me that they've gone along and complied in situations like that because there were worried about what would happen to them if they said no. Like, literally being frightened for their life. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I haven't seen any particulars of the new lawsuit.  But the previous suits, several made a point that Watson wanted to arrive privately, without checking in, or be in a situation after hours where there weren't any other staff around, vs. being in a spa where the woman could run out the door or even knock on the walls and find immediate help.

20 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

I know, right?  The mind boggles.  I Can't Even.

The intimidation or fear has to be what it was all about for Watson IMO.  You would think, handsome young pro athlete could get all the action he wants socially.   Wealthy pro athlete could hire a professional or professionals to give him whatever, whenever.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

Something tells me you'd be singing a different tune if your boss tried to pressure you into giving him oral sex while you were trying to do your job. 

Don't think I'd be singing any tune in that situation, but I get your point nonetheless.

Distasteful humor aside, I'm shocked we have guys here who actually believe this kind of behavior is okay.  If there's an attraction there and your personalities are vibing while talking during the massage, wait until the service is over and payment is exchanged, and at that point, maybe you can think about asking for their personal number or if they'd like to grab a coffee/drink sometime outside of the business/client environment.

Edited by TheBrownBear

3 hours ago, Motorin' said:

3 hours ago, Perry Turtle said:

It's crazy to Harvey Weinstein too, but here we are.

If Watson threatened to use his fame or celebrity to ruin this woman's business or reputation if she did not give him what he wanted, it's an assault.

3 hours ago, stevestojan said:

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

You guys seem to be assuming what type of pressure was applied. She didnt say she was threatened. She could have simply been asked over and over. Many people consider being persuaded to do something as the same as being pressured to do something....so cant judge the situation off "pressured to" cause you dont have to fold to pressure. She could have simply declined. Nobody accused him of using force. 

I dont fault Watson for asking for sex from his massage therapists. There is nothing necessarily wrong with an adult asking another for sex in a one on one situation. Comparing him to someones boss is silly. He was a client of theirs...not their boss.

What I do fault Watson for is whipping it out on these women unsolicited. Thats what took these situations to a sick level. No excuse for that and in my eyes makes him a sexual predator. But trying to talk someone into giving you oral sex isnt a crime. If they end up doing it then two years later want to get paid for being talked into oral sex.....gotta roll my eyes at that.

Edited by StHustle
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, StHustle said:

You guys seem to be assuming what type of pressure was applied. She didnt say she was threatened. She could have simply been asked over and over. Many people consider being persuaded to do something as the same as being pressured to do something....so cant judge the situation off "pressured to" cause you dont have to fold to pressure. She could have simply declined. Nobody accused him of using force. 

I dont fault Watson for asking for sex from his massage therapists. There is nothing necessarily wrong with an adult asking another for sex in a one on one situation. Comparing him to someones boss is silly. He was a client of theirs...not their boss.

What I do fault Watson for is whipping it out on these women unsolicited. Thats what took these situations to a sick level. No excuse for that and in my eyes makes him a sexual predator. But trying to talk someone into giving you oral sex isnt a crime. If they end up doing it then two years later want to get paid for being talked into oral sex.....gotta roll my eyes at that.

My issue is 

Yeah, they were the ones making assumptions about the type of pressure.

Brady Bunch K GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, StHustle said:

My issue is 

You’re asking questions that need to be asked, I agree. Too many people just go to the worst version available in their minds or just think we should believe all woman for no other reason than they are women. 

Maybe it was a terrible power dynamic and he strong armed her with his position and physical presence or maybe it was just persistence. We can’t know and we shouldn’t  jump to conclusions, when we don’t have all the info.

Edited by HamSandwhich
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, StHustle said:

My issue is 

Keep walking back,  you are almost at the edge of the cliff…

• Haha (+1) 3

With great power comes great responsibility and regardless of the details and what really happened the situation played out how it did.

You can only hope anybody who might encounter a similar scenarios in their life might use this as a learning experience. 

Hopefully football stars and massage therapist act with more caution in the future. Even though this was more on the extreme side I think people in those lines of work can gain perspective from what happened. 

The girls got paid and hopefully that helps with the healing process. The dude didn't end up going to jail so hopefully he chills out with that sort of thing for good. Everyone look for those silver linings and move on. 

Edited by Lfod

5 hours ago, StHustle said:

It’s considered rape in Texas

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.