Deshaun Watson to be suspended 11 games via settlement

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Americans vs Europeans or the rest of the worlds view on sex is a lot different. Sex dungeons, live club sex, legal prostitution, and other non violent sexual acts are a lot more culturally acceptable there. 
Not saying what Watson did was a good thing, but it’s amazing to travel the world and see how much people would just generally shrug at this. 

All that's cool as long as everyone is consenting. Hell I'd go check out most of those, but the people in those circles pound consent even harder than the rest of the population, because it is in wild territory

17 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

All that's cool as long as everyone is consenting. Hell I'd go check out most of those, but the people in those circles pound consent even harder than the rest of the population, because it is in wild territory

There are a lot of things that are of not of consent. I don’t know how many times I’ve seen men and surprisingly women do open sex acts on trains, in public squares, or in clubs without consent and nothing was done about it. People just tuned it out like it’s a thing. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

There are a lot of things that are of not of consent. I don’t know how many times I’ve seen men and surprisingly women do open sex acts on trains, in public squares, or in clubs without consent and nothing was done about it. People just tuned it out like it’s a thing. 

So you've seen countless people being sexually assaulted in public and done nothing about it.

Awesome.

Stop posting in this thread.

Now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

35 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I must say, ESPN is keeping it way more real regarding the Deshaun Watson situation, compared to NFLN. I have watched both all day. 

ESPN is MUCH more critical of the Browns, and of Watson himself, for his obvious lack of remorse.  NFLN is not stating an opinion. They are treating it like any other suspension.  (Aside from Scott Pioli from what I’ve seen)

ESPN has to keep it real because of #metoo and the women reporters that would go bonkers if they didn't.

NFLN is the talking heads of the league so if they say sweep it under the rug they will do so. I find the most "real" reporting from the podcasts these days anyhow

• Thank you (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I must say, ESPN is keeping it way more real regarding the Deshaun Watson situation, compared to NFLN. I have watched both all day. 

ESPN is MUCH more critical of the Browns, and of Watson himself, for his obvious lack of remorse.  NFLN is not stating an opinion. They are treating it like any other suspension.  (Aside from Scott Pioli from what I’ve seen)

Rich Eisen on his podcast/radio show has repeatedly blasted Watson and the Browns.  Of course that is while doing his show. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Americans vs Europeans or the rest of the worlds view on sex is a lot different. Sex dungeons, live club sex, legal prostitution, and other non violent sexual acts are a lot more culturally acceptable there. 
Not saying what Watson did was a good thing, but it’s amazing to travel the world and see how much people would just generally shrug at this. 

And how do they feel when it isn't consensual?

The same as everyone else does. It's wrong.

42 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

What is wrong with you? Leave and don't come back. You allowed rape to occur and you did nothing? You are disgusting.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Deshaun Watsons $230 Million guaranteed contract is now down to $225M and he is gonna be down 11 games.  Thank goodness he only sexually assaulted 24 women, could you imagine if he had done something really terrible like take a knee to protest unlawful police violence against minorities? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Deshaun Watsons $230 Million guaranteed contract is now down to $225M and he is gonna be down 11 games.  Thank goodness he only sexually assaulted 24 women, could you imagine if he had done something really terrible like take a knee to protest unlawful police violence against minorities? 

I actually had that same exact thought while watching the videos... a guy that takes a knee is blacklisted from the league but a guy assaults woman on a regular basis, doesnt even believe he did anything wrong, and he gets a slap on the wrist.  I was never a Kaep fan but this is morally disgusting.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The socks.  Don't forget wearing pig socks.

• Haha (+1) 1

I think most star QBs on big contracts would pay 5 million a year to get 11 games off....  Suspension seems about right, but $ fine is too low.  Needed to make it closer to 15-20 million, especially since he will be making 46 A YEAR.

Shoot, if you asked me to take 10% less to work half the year?  I'd sign up in a heartbeat.

• Thank you (+1) 1

An additional item I hate on top of everything else in this situation is Watson now gets to get “revenge” on the Texans. I thought he should be suspended for a year, at least, but 11 games is odd. He shouldn’t have been afforded that opportunity and I wish Goodell took a stand at 12 games minimum. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.