Deshaun Watson to be suspended 11 games via settlement

YoloinOhio

14 hours ago, JDubya76 said:

I had that exact clip in my head when I posted. lol, great minds…

Dubya, you can never go wrong with a family vignette (and sometimes the simpsons).

You know I never watched that show until my ex and I separated so had the kids half the time, and the boys of course are Famiky Guy addicts at least back then.  I sat down just to be with them and just started belly laughing.  I must have been last to the party, but eventually was hooked.  It’s a great view when on the eliptical or stairclimber as you forget how hard you’re working when you’re belly laughing.

It does suck they could never convict that POS with any of the allegations.  He deserved to go to prison.

Pretty pathetic by the NFL in this whole process.  He should have been immediately suspended indefinitely and at least for 1 full season.

Calvin Ridley places a few bets and gets a full season? This clown has how many women making claims against him?

NFL probably saw $$$ when thinking about "fans having a villain to root against"  

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I had that question after the Whaley "I was not privy to that" interview, and someone here (might have been @john wawrow, pointed out that the "lead a horse to water" truism applies - you can make PR people available, but if the owners and the team's star QB don't want to avail themselves of advice and prior preparation, there will be "piss poor performance" in front of the cameras.

There's only so much you can do as a PR team in some situations, especially in a no-win situation like this in being saddled with a national and negative story in which the main parties involved -- QB and ownership -- seem to be tone-deaf to reality.

jw

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

I know it would never happen, but wouldn't it be great if no one tuned in or showed up to Browns games as long as Haslam or Watson was there?

It would but it wont happen.  There are many browns fans that just dont care and dont believe he did anything wrong.

The Browns just instantly became the most hated team in the league. I can’t imagine they have any fans outside of Cleveland. The chants at Browns away games this year should be pretty great. I hope that team crashes and burns. A QB who hasn’t played meaningful football in over 2 years? Maybe he forgot how to play and is terrible. Just wish all the worst for that organization and their QB. 

11 games makes sense, as it makes the Browns/Bucs game easier for Brady. 

As far as Watson goes, I never saw him as a true top QB, and that was before he missed and will end up missing the better part of 2 straight seasons. He might come back and just be decent, which would be karma for the Browns. 

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

11 games makes sense, as it makes the Browns/Bucs game easier for Brady. 

As far as Watson goes, I never saw him as a true top QB, and that was before he missed and will end up missing the better part of 2 straight seasons. He might come back and just be decent, which would be karma for the Browns. 

His first game back also just happens to be against the Texans. Super coincidental. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mickey said:

what do they call it when a player is not allowed to play but is still on the roster?

He got paid (a lot) for each game so it was not a suspension. 

Lest we not forget, it was WATSON who said before this all broke that he would never play a game for the Texans again. Then all this stuff came out, and they were stuck

24 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

He got paid (a lot) for each game so it was not a suspension. 

Lest we not forget, it was WATSON who said before this all broke that he would never play a game for the Texans again. Then all this stuff came out, and they were stuck

You stop it right now mister.  FACTS mean nothing to many in today's world.

Anyone who keeps bring up last year's situation concerning Watson as punishment are people who believe he didn't do anything wrong.

Don't kid yourself, there are a lot of them out there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.