Deshaun Watson to be suspended 11 games via settlement

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, ddaryl said:

I think he shold be forced to give massages during his suspension...  You know somebody will want a happy ending

To prison inmates that over-exerted themselves in the yard. Bubba is going to love Demolester’s soft supple never worked a day in his life hands.

• Like (+1) 1

Hot garbage but at the end of the day the NFL wants to move on and knows that if they would have given a season long + ban that Watson would have appealed and been able to play and be on the field week one which they didn't want at all costs.

Karma will eventually come around for Watson and the Browns and they are pretty much guaranteed to go no where this year anyway and will probably be sitting with 3 or 4 wins if they are lucky by the time Watson comes back.

3 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Sounds like a Harvey Weinstein quote.

I'm good friends with Eddie Tice, of Harvey, Corky and Tice fame (high profile concert promoters from the 70's and 80's). 

Eddie always introduces himself by saying, "I'm the only one who didn't go to jail".

8 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Hot garbage but at the end of the day the NFL wants to move on and knows that if they would have given a season long + ban that Watson would have appealed and been able to play and be on the field week one which they didn't want at all costs.

Karma will eventually come around for Watson and the Browns and they are pretty much guaranteed to go no where this year anyway and will probably be sitting with 3 or 4 wins if they are lucky by the time Watson comes back.

I would add the last thing the league wanted was the Watson story dragging into the season as a distraction of the regular season. They got a long enough suspension and large enough fine enough people will probably let it go when he returns. The only way at this point I can see this imploding again is if the Browns make the playoffs. IF that were to happen god knows how bad it will be for as long as they play.

• Agree 1

Just now, TBBills said:

This part doesn't even matter TBH... you would have to be an idiot to not pass this.

1) Watson aint not mensa candidate, if he could control himself this never would have happened.

2) Maybe the NFL/Browns change there mind(s) and claim he didnt adhere to the treatment.  Then we are open for an entire new round of legal non-sense/drama.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

1) Watson aint not mensa candidate, if he could control himself this never would have happened.

2) Maybe the NFL/Browns change there mind(s) and claim he didnt adhere to the treatment.  Then we are open for an entire new round of legal non-sense/drama.

Yea like that would happen. This has been swept under an 11 game suspension and the other stuff is just filler for the sake making it look better.

7 minutes ago, TBBills said:

This part doesn't even matter TBH... you would have to be an idiot to not pass this. Not like it's a drug test, much easier to lie your way through. 

Agreed. If he could coerce that many women to the point of hosing them down with his seed, he shouldn’t have a problem getting by “therapy”. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

They are gross.

Honestly, you guys, they are almost all simply gross people.  Owners and players.  A number of good and great ones out there, but so over shadowed by the gross.

Couldn’t agree more Donuts.  I can’t kid about him as he’s disgusting.  For those that make jokes, remember you’re daughter, sister or mom.  Not so funny now.

I said it before but this is the rare exception to knock this block off in a concussion.  Any football players who have ethics and there are a lot, will knock this guys head off.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Americans vs Europeans or the rest of the worlds view on sex is a lot different. Sex dungeons, live club sex, legal prostitution, and other non violent sexual acts are a lot more culturally acceptable there. 
Not saying what Watson did was a good thing, but it’s amazing to travel the world and see how much people would just generally shrug at this. 

As a European/Rest of the World person who has travelled extensively I am calling complete and utter BS on the suggestion that "we" would just generally shrug at what he did. "Other non violent sexual acts" are more culturally acceptable over here. Seriously?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Gunvald's Husse said:

As a European/Rest of the World person who has travelled extensively I am calling complete and utter BS on the suggestion that "we" would just generally shrug at what he did. "Other non violent sexual acts" are more culturally acceptable over here. Seriously?

Pretty much everything he says is ridiculous.  This was the last exchange I had with him.  

He's saying dead Special Ops soldiers aren't elite because they died and questioned Mike Murphy's decision making when he sacrificed his life for his brothers.

On 7/6/2022 at 3:45 PM, IronMaidenBills said:

Did I say the dead soldier shouldn’t be honored? No I didn’t, every solider who sacrifices is a hero. But let’s not lie to ourselves, the elite of the elite find a way to stay alive and accomplish a goal. Elite by definition means superiority, how can you be superior if you were killed by a competitor? 

On 7/6/2022 at 3:50 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Mike Murphy, the SEAL who stood on top of a mountain peak to get a signal to call for help....in front of 200 Taliban.  Not elite because he died.  Risked his life to help his fellow SEALS, can't look at him as elite.  It's totally disgusting.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Murphy

On 7/6/2022 at 3:56 PM, IronMaidenBills said:

When it comes to elite and superiority, decision making should be factored in. Not only elite physically, but elite mentally. Who is smarter? The sniper well hidden in a secret location, or a brute warrior charging into a well fortified position? The goal is to stay alive and win. Beating your opponents, it’s hard to do that when you’ve been stopped. I’m not sure you understand what it means to be elite. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.