Deshaun Watson to be suspended 11 games via settlement

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m done talking about it because it is useless to do so, but the more you travel you see some very out there stuff that makes America seem conservative by nature. By our standards Watson should absolutely be punished, pretty sure we are all in agreement there. My only point was to discuss at how different places perceive these things. 

That's perfectly fine that different places perceive things differently.  You probably could have made your case a little better is all instead of comparing it to how some things are acceptable in other countries that we are "conservative" against.  

Edited by The Wiz
  • Agree 1

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

What does this threat mean?

It means the same thing as when you were told to stop trashing a particular thread last season, refused to do so and got suspended for it.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

That's perfectly fine that different places perceive things differently.  You probably could have made your case a little better is all instead of comparing it to how some things are acceptable in other countries that we are "conservative" against.  

I’m truly sorry, my intentions were not to belittle this topic but only to view things from other lenses. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Simon said:

It means the same thing as when you were told to stop trashing a particular thread last season, refused to do so and got suspended for it.

If you traveled to some far off places, you’d see that’s not how they handle things. 

• Haha (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I know that, but go travel to some far off places and you will know precisely what I’m talking about. 

Consent is the issue, and if you're saying those places don't care about that then I don't see why we'd care to emulate that.

Edited by Warcodered

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I know that, but go travel to some far off places and you will know precisely what I’m talking about. 

Remember when I suggested you not keep it up?

And then you said "I'm done talking about it"

And then you kept right on going?

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Consent is the damn issue, and if you're saying those places don't care about that then I don't see why we'd care to emulate that.

Soft consent vs hard consent is real. Or at least it was for the places I’ve been. I couldn’t believe how some things were so casual and I had to do double takes at times. 

1 minute ago, Simon said:

Remember when I suggested you not keep it up?

And then you said "I'm done talking about it"

And then you kept right on going?

Ok I’m done, I’ve said what I’ve said. 

I’m done talking about it because it is useless to do so, but the more you travel you see some very out there stuff that makes America seem conservative by nature. By our standards Watson should absolutely be punished, pretty sure we are all in agreement there. My only point was to discuss at how different places perceive these things. 

I appreciate the assumption that I have not been anywhere, but actually I have spent a decent amount of time abroad and much of my friend group are international.  The fact that in some areas of the world, marginalized women are subject to sexual assault and have such little recourse to the point that its "accepted" is not much of a point.  

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Soft consent vs hard consent is real. Or at least it was for the places I’ve been. I couldn’t believe how some things were so casual and I had to do double takes at times. 

This is an excerpt from an old Penthouse Forum isn’t it?

Edited by WotAGuy

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I'm trying to boil down exactly what you're saying here, because it doesn't make sense.

You're talking about sex clubs and brothels, which can and are protected, licensed, etc... in much of the world.  Even if you frequent a place like that, there are still consent rules.  You can't just do whatever you want without a sex worker's consent.

Now if you're saying that there are sex trafficked people who lack the ability to consent, yes that's true and equally abhorrent to what Deshaun Watson did, from an objective standpoint.  There's no amount of cultural equivalency argument that changes that.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Ok I’m done, I’ve said what I’ve said. 

Dennis is not a good person.

• Haha (+1) 2

"Women didn't feel empowered enough to stop men from sexually assaulting them in a lot of places I've been, America could learn a thing or two." 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.