Deshaun Watson to be suspended 11 games via settlement

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

I was hoping for a year, but at least he’s out for our game.  $5 mil. Is a joke.  It should’ve been for $20 mil.

Hes a douche.  No jokes please as every time I think of him, I think of if my daughter was treated in this manner.

I never root for an injury, but in this case I’d make an exception.

I was actually kind of hoping he’d play @Buffalo.   I think our defense would absolutely tee off against him.   Plus the home crowd would have been even more raucous than usual for that one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

When asked why he's apologizing if he's innocent, Watson responded: "For everybody that was affected by this situation. There were a lot of people that were triggered."

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2395948

What a garbage human.  

When he does play I wonder if the refs will throw the flag for unnecessary roughness on some of those borderline/late hits QB's take or will they just "look the other way". 

It would be an utter disaster for the NFL if the Browns manage to win enough games while he is out to where the sneak in the playoffs and go on a run in the playoffs and win the SB.  

And regardless of what we think of Watson as a person, he was a top 5 QB before the scandals.  Browns still have a loaded roster, this isn’t as far fetched as people might think, especially if he’s playing with a chip on his shoulder.  

I mean, it would be worst case scenario for the NFL, so I’m stunned they agreed to just 11 games allowing this to even be a possibility.  If the Browns are near .500 they can easily make the playoffs still, and with a roster that talented they can still win 5 to 6 games in those 11 games he’s out.  Then there are all 3 to 4 games down the stretch they should win and a few tough games.  It wouldn’t be that hard for these guys to go 9-8 or 10-7 and sneak into the playoffs.  

This is way too little for what he did, should have been a full season.  

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I had that question after the Whaley "I was not privy to that" interview, and someone here (might have been @john wawrow, pointed out that the "lead a horse to water" truism applies - you can make PR people available, but if the owners and the team's star QB don't want to avail themselves of advice and prior preparation, there will be "piss poor performance" in front of the cameras.

They could have just deferred to the NFL statement and not put Watson in front of the media. I’m not sure why they keep doing it but Browns going to Brown.

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It would be an utter disaster for the NFL if the Browns manage to win enough games while he is out to where the sneak in the playoffs and go on a run in the playoffs and win the SB.  

And regardless of what we think of Watson as a person, he was a top 5 QB before the scandals.  Browns still have a loaded roster, this isn’t as far fetched as people might think, especially if he’s playing with a chip on his shoulder.  

I mean, it would be worst case scenario for the NFL, so I’m stunned they agreed to just 11 games allowing this to even be a possibility.  If the Browns are near .500 they can easily make the playoffs still, and with a roster that talented they can still win 5 to 6 games in those 11 games he’s out.  Then there are all 3 to 4 games down the stretch they should win and a few tough games.  It wouldn’t be that hard for these guys to go 9-8 or 10-7 and sneak into the playoffs.  

This is way too little for what he did, should have been a full season.  

They do have  a pretty good roster but I think the North will be between the Ravens and Bengals. I don't think they will win enough with Brissett to keep up with a loaded AFC. However they could be a serious contender in 2023 with Watson.

3 minutes ago, Sestak4ever said:

I truly believe that he will never live this down and will not be able to handle it mentally. Every road game will be a gauntlet. I would not be surprised if his career plummeted and the Browns are stuck with that contract.

People on here made Ben Rapelesberger jokes and he wasn't even in our division, this isn't going away for him ever.

21 minutes ago, Greg S said:

They do have  a pretty good roster but I think the North will be between the Ravens and Bengals. I don't think they will win enough with Brissett to keep up with a loaded AFC. However they could be a serious contender in 2023 with Watson.

Oh I agree, I think they likely dont get to the big dance this year, but the reality is that its also not a crazy thought either that they could sneak into the playoffs if they win a few more games than people think while he is out.  Which is why I am shocked the NFL agreed to just 11 games, because it would be an utter disaster for them if they did sneak into that last playoff spot per se then get hot in the playoffs with that very good roster.  

I mean the OL alone is worlds better than Watson is used to, so this team could be very dangerous in the playoffs if Watson is rounding into his old form by then.  

Big risk for the NFL here IMHO, and a stupid one.  They really botched this whole situation from the get go.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Oh I agree, I think they likely dont get to the big dance this year, but the reality is that its also not a crazy thought either that they could sneak into the playoffs if they win a few more games than people think while he is out.  Which is why I am shocked the NFL agreed to just 11 games, because it would be an utter disaster for them if they did sneak into that last playoff spot per se then get hot in the playoffs with that very good roster.  

I mean the OL alone is worlds better than Watson is used to, so this team could be very dangerous in the playoffs if Watson is rounding into his old form by then.  

Big risk for the NFL here IMHO, and a stupid one.  They really botched this whole situation from the get go.  

Good thing the NFL has never had some sort of questionable call at a pivotal moment in a playoff call to get perhaps a more desired outcome 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.