Deshaun Watson to be suspended 11 games via settlement

YoloinOhio

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

This Browns PR team can’t actually be this bad can they?

I had that question after the Whaley "I was not privy to that" interview, and someone here (might have been @john wawrow, pointed out that the "lead a horse to water" truism applies - you can make PR people available, but if the owners and the team's star QB don't want to avail themselves of advice and prior preparation, there will be "piss poor performance" in front of the cameras.

Watson and the Haslems appear so arrogant as if it’s an inconvenience for them to have to talk about this. 

I’m getting a strong “boys will be boys. Now let’s go play some football and forget about this nonsense” vibe from Jimmy Haslem 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Beck Water said:

I had that question after the Whaley "I was not privy to that" interview, and someone here (might have been @john wawrow, pointed out that the "lead a horse to water" truism applies - you can make PR people available, but if the owners and the team's star QB don't want to avail themselves of advice and prior preparation, there will be "piss poor performance" in front of the cameras.

There was really only so much they could do they were going into a wood chipper of an interview. Haslam's vaguely held their own at the start saying they weren't getting into certain things then it just collapsed.

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

My god was an asinine comment,  how braid dead is he/  No wait a minute, we know, the dumped on Baker and got next to nada and traded for the sick *^%$.

I generally think most NFL owners are all pretty dumb and brain dead/tonedeaf. But the Haslams, Ross, & Snyder reallyyy are another level of just putrid people. Haslam it isn't just this there has been a lot of pretty bad crap they've done prior.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

There was really only so much they could do they were going into a wood chipper of an interview. Haslam's vaguely held their own at the start saying they weren't getting into certain things then it just collapsed.

I mean, yes, but the Haslams kind of rented the wood chipper, backed it up to the podium, and put out a PSA soliciting that dead tree limbs could be dropped off

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I mean, yes, but the Haslams kind of rented the wood chipper, backed it up to the podium, and put out a PSA soliciting that dead tree limbs could be dropped off

Yeah they failed miserably, just noting that the PR people had a mountain to climb and the Haslams did seem prepared at the start before it all went to ***** and they ended up answering that question that they initially avoided anyway.

I really wish the owners and the GM would just be honest.

Just come out and tell us "look...the guy is disgusting. He's a sexual deviant. The fact is, winning football games and making money are more important to us than anything else. We're willing to deal with the bad PR and with employing a perpetrator of serial sexual assault because, at the end of the day, he helps us win more football games and increases our bottom line, and that's all that really matters to us".

That's the truth. That's what's really going on here.

At least if they were honest, I could have a teeny tiny sliver of respect for them for being transparent and saying what everyone knows to be true. Instead, we can add "insulting our intelligence" to the list of offenses.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I really wish the owners and the GM would just be honest.

Just come out and tell us "look...the guy is disgusting. He's a sexual deviant. The fact is, winning football games and making money are more important to us than anything else. We're willing to deal with the bad PR and with employing a perpetrator of serial sexual assault because, at the end of the day, he helps us win more football games and increases our bottom line, and that's all that really matters to us".

That's the truth. That's what's really going on here.

At least if they were honest, I could have a teeny tiny sliver of respect for them for being transparent and saying what everyone knows to be true. Instead, we can add "insulting our intelligence" to the list of offenses.

Logically, they can't call Watson a sexual deviant or a perpetrator of serial sexual assault while those things are still being adjudicated in a court of law, right?  That would be slander or libel.

I guess they could call him an alleged sexual deviant or an alleged perpetrator of serial sexual assault though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.