Deshaun Watson to be suspended 11 games via settlement

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Honestly, how do you even put a number on this? But wasn’t he basically suspended all of last year too?

whatever, it’s another really good qb not playing and that’s good for the bills. Stupid trade by the browns.

No, he wanted a trade and refused to play for the Texans. He was paid and inactive.

2 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

5mill is pocket change

Maybe 50 mill would get his attention 

Plus lawyer fees in the millions, settlements totaling millions, the negotiated $1M donation and lost salary.  The total hit to him is definitely over $10M and probably closer to $15M. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Honestly, how do you even put a number on this? But wasn’t he basically suspended all of last year too?

whatever, it’s another really good qb not playing and that’s good for the bills. Stupid trade by the browns.

If the Browns didn't negotiate an escape clause and/or a bonus recovery clause in the contract, they may be even dumber than most of us think.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

No, he wanted a trade and refused to play for the Texans. He was paid and inactive.

Yeah, I get that but if I was him (and I’m a saint during massages), it would seem like almost 2 years for something you haven’t been found guilty of. Not defending the guy in the slightest because if he did this, he shouldn’t even be in the league. 

but the whole nfl suspension process makes no sense. 

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

suspended with pay

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, I get that but if I was him (and I’m a saint during massages), it would seem like almost 2 years for something you haven’t been found guilty of. Not defending the guy in the slightest because if he did this, he shouldn’t even be in the league. 

but the whole nfl suspension process makes no sense. 

The thing with considering it "2 years" is the one year was self imposed by himself because he was throwing a hissy fit and didn't want to play for the Texans 

Yeah.  We don't have to play him.  Not everybody was going to be satisfied no matter what the punishment was.  Five million seems low.  

Maybe both sides were in cahoots during settlement talks to draw interest for what would've been a relatively boring week 13 game.

Edited by Doc Brown

3 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

They should have never settled at all if they were in any way serious about this.  It should be an indefinite suspension. 

Unfortunately, it always comes down to the dollars in a lucrative business.  Both sides decided that the cost and risk of losing litigation was more important than the moral outrage displayed by the public.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Unfortunately, it always comes down to the dollars in a lucrative business.  Both sides decided that the cost and risk of losing litigation was more important than the moral outrage displayed by the public.  

I get it, I'm just disgusted by it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

This was the league’s chance to come out looking good for once and instead they completely piss down their leg.

Absolute disgrace.

Agreed.

Whatever happened to "protecting the shield"?

I anxiously await every Cleveland Browns away game.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.