Inflation Reduction Act Tell Me How This Works PLEASE !!

I'm not really sure who keeps coming up with all the brilliant ideas of how to get this record inflation under control by spending more money & adding trillions of dollars to the deficit but it just doesn't make sound economic sense to me or does it ? 

I'm no economics major but given the amount owed by the US gov't to the fed & how the interest is compounded by the minute (how much interest per day is added to $30 trillion + per day) I just can't even wrap my head around how any one (of sound mind) even the most stupid when it comes to inflation how this would be a good idea .

I will admit there are a lot smarter people in this world than I when it comes to this kind of thing but i just in no way can understand what or how this (or any) administration thinks that by adding multiple trillions of dollars to what they already have spent in the short time they have been in office just how this will or can help in any way .

I know in California they had the absolutely brilliant economic plan of giving each person that owns a car some $1400 to off set the price of gas then added a 3 cent tax to the already $6 + per gallon cost of gas please tell me how that one works ! Yet it seems to me that Biden took that strategy & doubled down on it .

Who knows maybe spending the extra money that it will cost to employ the new 87,000 IRS agents will help when they audit all of the little people in the US to get more money flowing back into the gov't they sure won't be going after the million/billionaires with their army of lawyers so i'm thinking us little guys will be paying even more .

So is it add trillions to save hundreds ? Please one of you folks out there that are a Bidenite tell me what your illustrious leader is thinking when he believes this will or can help inflation in any way shape or form i'm no scholar but this baffles me to no end & i don't see this helping in any way .

Inflation Reduction Act is kind of the same oxy moron as the Affordable Health Care Act ... 🤔

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It’s branding…. Every analysis published has concluded zero benefit to inflation.  

it’s just a bunch of special interest tax money funneled to lobbyists and wealthy elites on the backs of those that either saw through the sham or gleefully bought the rhetoric hook line and sinker. 

it will all be reversed in a few years when the pendulum swings back the other way

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

So one of the big things in the inflation reduction act is increasing the size of the IRS to try to reclaim missed taxes. Wouldn't it make more sense to implement a consumption tax and decrease the size of the IRS? Avoid all those federal salaries and health care policies. This would tax those that have income from alternative means, no loopholes for the rich. Japan has had a consumption tax for over 30 years, a lot of growing pains could be avoided studying that history. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Steve O said:

So one of the big things in the inflation reduction act is increasing the size of the IRS to try to reclaim missed taxes. Wouldn't it make more sense to implement a consumption tax and decrease the size of the IRS? Avoid all those federal salaries and health care policies. This would tax those that have income from alternative means, no loopholes for the rich. Japan has had a consumption tax for over 30 years, a lot of growing pains could be avoided studying that history. 

They should have hired 87,000 auditors to look at where our tax dollars are actually spent.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1