Dawson Knox brother Luke passes away

BillsFanNC

38 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

I appreciate this position and understand the kind place where it comes from.

But I don’t understand how releasing that information would make the impossible task of processing this tragedy more difficult for the family nor do I believe that allowing others to be negatively affected would bring them more peace. 

I see no benefit from withholding the info and nothing but benefits from releasing it. 

Do you not understand that maybe the family wants to grieve in peace? Or they do not want a bunch of strangers passing judgment on their son on Twitter? If the family truly believes there's something to be gained by releasing information, then they'll do it. They shouldn't do it to satisfy the macabre curiosity of a bunch of strangers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

The Knox family is entitled to their privacy. 

Nobody said they weren't. Again that's not the point being made. 

Everyone is sad and cares about Dawson. Everyone respects his privacy. The concern ppl have is not mutually exclusive to that

16 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Do you not understand that maybe the family wants to grieve in peace? Or they do not want a bunch of strangers passing judgment on their son on Twitter? If the family truly believes there's something to be gained by releasing information, then they'll do it. They shouldn't do it to satisfy the macabre curiosity of a bunch of strangers.

Ironic ...

Edited by Forlorn hope
  • Agree 2

55 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

You are spot on,  mostly is not anyone else’s business, people who insist on a false need to know are just gossipy folk who feel entitled to nose into some other persons/families business, those people basically suck at this aspect of being decent humans, jmo.

It's literally the opposite of gossiping. Ppl have a legitimate concern. Therefore they want to know the cause of death. If it was gossip it would be a Thanksgiving party and talking about uncle bills gambling problem.... Trying to make illegitimate people's concerns are pretty ridiculous at this point. 

Again everyone also understands the Knox family and the need for privacy. Nobody is disagreeing with that. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/2/2022 at 4:10 PM, StHustle said:

I highly doubt they would hide the reason if it was any type of cancer. I’m pretty sure they’d make a cause of it and point funds in the direction of finding a cure. It’s much for likely to be an overdose than cancer imo

.......or  a sort of cardiac event associated with, but not limited to a possible adverse effect to a medically mandated injection?

Edited by nosejob
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Forlorn hope said:

It's literally the opposite of gossiping. Ppl have a legitimate concern. Therefore they want to know the cause of death. If it was gossip it would be a Thanksgiving party and talking about uncle bills gambling problem.... Trying to make illegitimate people's concerns are pretty ridiculous at this point. 

Again everyone also understands the Knox family and the need for privacy. Nobody is disagreeing with that. 

You got that bass ackwards there. 

Uncle Bill affects you and your family. 

That's not gossip, that's sharing personal information within your family of a legitimate concern. 

Knowing about the death of someone else that will have a very small chance of impacting anything that you do in your daily life is gossip.

• Disagree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

You got that bass ackwards there. 

Uncle Bill affects you and your family. 

That's not gossip, that's sharing personal information within your family of a legitimate concern. 

Knowing about the death of someone else that will have a very small chance of impacting anything that you do in your daily life is gossip.

Again you're either ignoring what we've said 3x now or just didn't see it...

Everyone agrees if the Knox family wants to keep this private that should be respected. Nobody disagrees with that. 

Why ppl want to know is a different issue and you're ass backwards because it effects everyone

Two different issues, not mutually exclusive 

Wanting to know the facts ( if available) is the opposite of gossiping 

Again this is a legitimate concern. Trying to say it's not is evil and disgusting

But again it's truly ironic you talking about this being a private issue. We never wanted privacy violated....

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Forlorn hope said:

can you not imagine how a family revealing in public something already so painful (losing a young son)  would increase not only the exposure but possible trolls and idiot low lives who would/could exacerbate their pain with nasty remarks in social media? It is Their family business. Just my opinion. It may be too painful for them to talk about.  And when they think it's right make more information public *shrugs* Or not. 

m

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, muppy said:

can you not imagine how a family revealing in public something already so painful (losing a young son)  would increase not only the exposure but possible trolls and idiot low lives who would/could exacerbate their pain with nasty remarks in social media? It is Their family business. Just my opinion. It may be too painful for them to talk about.  And when they think it's right make more information public *shrugs* Or not. 

m

Why do you keep bringing up the issue of privacy as if people disagree or don't understand the the issues with revealing what happened. 

Everyone knows. It's why I and others respect the right to privacy and other rights. I and others kept our principles and valued those rights. The irony here is the same people who are talking about privacy rights, didn't respect them earlier. They went where the wind blew 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo ill said:

I applaud them for keeping it private. Don't give in to the internet mob.

You should applaud any decision they make regarding their privacy. Not what you want 

15 minutes ago, muppy said:

m

Can you imagine losing multiple family members and friends and not being able to talk about it. 

Can you imagine losing your job and livelihood, businesses destroyed. 

Can you imagine violating a multitude of civil rights, privacy rights, being ostracized from people. 

But knowing all this, the anger people feel, we still respect the Knox family and their rights. If only that same approach was given the past two years...

In some respect I'm glad it happened because it revealed to me a lot about people and their true character 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Forlorn hope said:

Again you're either ignoring what we've said 3x now or just didn't see it...

Everyone agrees if the Knox family wants to keep this private that should be respected. Nobody disagrees with that. 

Why ppl want to know is a different issue and you're ass backwards because it effects everyone

Two different issues, not mutually exclusive 

Wanting to know the facts ( if available) is the opposite of gossiping 

Again this is a legitimate concern. Trying to say it's not is evil and disgusting

But again it's truly ironic you talking about this being a private issue. We never wanted privacy violated....

So I'm assuming you follow up with the random Jane and John Doe's of the world also that suddenly die and no information is available?

What threads are you commenting on and what boards about it?

Why is this information so important to you being available vs anyone else?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DaggersEOD said:

I appreciate this position and understand the kind place where it comes from.

But I don’t understand how releasing that information would make the impossible task of processing this tragedy more difficult for the family nor do I believe that allowing others to be negatively affected would bring them more peace. 

I see no benefit from withholding the info and nothing but benefits from releasing it. 

It was their son, and if they don't want to release the information leading to his death, that is their choice. 

I'm also a little perplexed by the assumption that staying private would negatively affect the general public, and that it would not even be their decision. And the fact that you "don’t understand how releasing that information would make the impossible task of processing this tragedy more difficult for the family," only highlights the notion that it's really none of your business. How can we assume how this is affecting their family? 

Not trying to be combative here. Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Forlorn hope said:

Why do you keep repeating that as if people disagree

Well, I posted that statement exactly once, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Also, I was responding to someone who apparently disagrees, so there's that...

19 minutes ago, Forlorn hope said:

Why do you keep bringing up the issue of privacy as if people disagree or don't understand the the issues with revealing what happened. 

Everyone knows. It's why I and others respect the right to privacy and other rights. I and others kept our principles and valued those rights. The irony here is the same people who are talking about privacy rights, didn't respect them earlier. They went where the wind blew 

You should applaud any decision they make regarding their privacy. Not what you want 

because for me it closes the topic for further discussion. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.