Dawson Knox brother Luke passes away

BillsFanNC

Dawson Knox  and family are people of faith and devout Christians. They realize how far a reach and impact Luke had made in his life. So for even in town folks more so out of towners it just may be the best venue for they to view it is in a livestream. I actually took part in a Zoom celebration of life service before. I checked the link to this church it is massive with many campuses. I pray that what is spoken will be healing for the close friends and family especially. 

The donations to PUNT is for me not surprising knowing the Bills mafia fanbase. RIP Luke you were clearly very loved and by all accounts Ive read a great guy.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, wppete said:

Why? How would this backfire? I’ve got nothing but respect for Dawson right now in this horrible time. 

There's lots of reasons not to give out this info. The police advise people not to all the time. Not everyone is a nice caring individual some people are trash and see this as an opportunity to either rub elbows with a NFL player or break into homes. It happens all the time. People do stupid things when it comes to athletes. 

Also kind of odd that you took personal offence to it when you weren't singled out. Nobody said you didn't have respect for Dawson. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, wppete said:

Why? How would this backfire? I’ve got nothing but respect for Dawson right now in this horrible time. 

Why?  Because some people are human trash - there's a reason funeral directors suggest to people they have whatever level of security they can afford watching their homes when visitation, services, and funeral take place.  Trash people say "hey, no one's home for sure, let's Hit It".  More than one family has come back from graveside to find their house burglarized.

When someone is famuos, some people are well-meaning but have no sense of propriety and might show up at a service to request or demand autographs.  Basically make a time of mourning for the Knox family into their chance to rub shoulders with fame.

It's not a question of respect for Dawson and his family, it's a question of trusting in the good will and common sense of their fellow man.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Why?  Because some people are human trash - there's a reason funeral directors suggest to people they have whatever level of security they can afford watching their homes when visitation, services, and funeral take place.  Trash people say "hey, no one's home, let's Hit It.

Other people are well-meaning but have no sense of propriety and might show up at a service to request or demand autographs.

It's not a question of respect for Dawson and his family, it's a question of trusting in the good will and common sense of their fellow man.

People of strong faith don’t worry about stuff like this bro.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

My sarcasmanotometer isn't always well calibrated but someone suggested that Dawson and his family might prefer to grieve in private and that the PUNT foundation donations might be somehow intrusive.  We see Dawson reaching out to share a link to a livestream of the memorial service and suggesting this an attempt to share their collective faith with a larger community.  So, sarcasm detected there.

No, no sarcasm.  I disagree with the critique of the PUNT donations - the Knox family doesn't have to look at that anytime if they don't want to, and when they do, they can see an outpouring of love.

But publicizing a specific funeral time and location can, and has in the past, gone very wrong in multiple ways for people.  It's not like a mob of fans showing up to seek autographs or be fan-girl at Dawson is something the family could just not see during his brother's service.  It doesn't even have to be a mob, 1 or 2 disruptive people can play heck with an event. 

I hope that isn't something the Knox family has to experience, that's all.

The livestream is a nice idea, except that if part of the intent is to allow Knox family and friends who can't attend physically to take part, I hope they have the bandwidth or a contingency plan if too many people are watching.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

No, no sarcasm.  I disagree with the critique of the PUNT donations - the Knox family doesn't have to look at that anytime if they don't want to, and when they do, they can see an outpouring of love.

But publicizing a specific funeral time and location can, and has in the past, gone very wrong in multiple ways for people.  It's not like a mob of fans showing up to seek autographs or be fan-girl at Dawson is something the family could just not see during his brother's service.  It doesn't even have to be a mob, 1 or 2 disruptive people can play heck with an event. 

I hope that isn't something the Knox family has to experience, that's all.

The livestream is a nice idea, except that if part of the intent is to allow Knox family and friends who can't attend physically to take part, I hope they have the bandwidth or a contingency plan if too many people are watching.

I don't have the mindset of a creep as you are describing whom would have the audacity to want to disrupt or crash a memorial service or rob someone who is attending a service. That right there are some wacked people indeed. If security needs be enhanced to ward off any of these type individuals  I'm all for it. I honestly didnt think of the creep factor when I heard it was a live stream. I will add to my prayers a plea for that NOT to happen.

9 hours ago, Since1981 said:

My mom passed last month. At first we were private, shock, then shortly later when people came out from corners of her life…To see donations…made us happy.

My condolences. It's still within years of Mom & Dad passing and it still stings.

Prayers to the Knox family. Losing someone too young must be triply heart breaking.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

Tragedy like this reminds us that we have an amazing opportunity to contribute to great charities these days at the click of a button and Bills Mafia is the best in the world at stepping up in just such an occasion.  You all have inspired me so much that I donated $100 to the P.U.N,T. Foundation yesterday without pause.   G-damn it Iove being a now-32 year member of Bills Mafia!!!!!!!!

I couldn’t imagine being part of a better group of people!!!!!!  ❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Like (+1) 4

21 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Who is this joe miller ? And is he the pastor of the church because he is saying our like he is part of it 

Because I can’t see Bill’s players regularly attending the same  mass in Tennessee all the time

Edited by Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Who is this joe miller ? And is he the pastor of the church because he is saying our like he is part of it 

Because unless the church is in Buffalo, I can’t see it being regularly attended by bills players all the time 

I think it probably is Buffalo area, the author of the previous tweet deleted theirs and that church isn't the one Knox talked about in his tweet, so this is honestly unrelated I think.

Just now, Warcodered said:

I think it probably is Buffalo area, the author of the previous tweet deleted theirs and that church isn't the one Knox talked about in his tweet, so this is honestly unrelated I think.

Ok Because I thought Knox’s brothers mass was in Tennessee

So I thought it would be strange that bills players would regularly attend mass in Tennessee that they would have to make an announcement

13 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Because I can’t see Bill’s players regularly attending the same  mass in Tennessee all the time

Yes, he is a Pastor. He's a good guy. He has a pod cast that John Fina is often on. His uncle, Jeff Miller, also is an NFL historian and has authored many Buffalo Bills publications. They were raised on football and are both incredibly good people.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Luke Knox funeral was at Christ Presbyterian Church in Tenn

Life Church is a large "nondenominational" (but kind of fundamentalist Baptist-like) church in Seneca, NY

Josh attending service there is not necessarily related to Luke's passing and funeral. He's quiet about his personal beliefs (as is his right) but that doesn't mean he doesn't have them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.