Dawson Knox brother Luke passes away

BillsFanNC

1 minute ago, StHustle said:

Hope not fentanyl related. Way too much of this happening lately. I can name 5 people I personally know lost this year alone cause of this. 

A dear friend passed away yesterday after a year long battle with cancer. His son and namesake died of an OD on fentanyl a couple weeks ago -both he and his roommate were found dead! Can’t help but think my friend gave up his own battle..

My sincere condolences to Dawson, the Knox family and the Bills. 🥹

• Sad 8

8 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Same here brother.... lost my little sis 4 years ago (car accident). Not a day goes by I don't think about her.

I'm so sorry

A counselor once said to me "there are some things that happen in life that you never get over.  You only learn to put them aside and move on".

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, davspo said:

Done.  It's just what we do!

Whatever anyone might choose to donate, know this.  It will be combined with hundreds or thousands of other Bills Mafia donations to send a much bigger message to Dawson and his family that we share some small measure of their pain and want them to feel that some good may come from their family tragedy.  That's a powerful thing.  It is one of the best of what we do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Process said:

It's been 12 hours or so since his brother died. This is one of the most tragic things a person could face in their lifetime, it's not like losing a grandmother. I'm sure Dawson would appreciate privacy more than donations right now. 

He's not going to get that, it's an impossibility given who he is at this point, might as well help people out at the same time as just letting him know your thoughts (essentially Bills fans as a collective) are with them.

31 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

I know nothing about Luke or what caused his death. However, in general, young athletes passing away suddenly from a not-clearly-apparent cause is sometimes hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. My mother has this condition and I have done significant research on this topic. I encourage all people with children or young adults entering the space of competitive sports to have their heart checked by a cardiologist. A simple 20-minute cardiac ultrasound can be the difference between life and death for some athletes.

For all those with the expendable income to do so, I encourage you to set-up an automatic monthly donation to a charity that you believe in. It is much better than donating a random jersey number amount every once in a while when someone you do not know passes away. It allows the charity to better budget for the year when they have auto-donations coming in. For example, I auto-donate to Feeding America every month, as I believe no child should ever be hungry, regardless of their situation.

10 minutes ago, Process said:

It's been 12 hours or so since his brother died. This is one of the most tragic things a person could face in their lifetime, it's not like losing a grandmother. I'm sure Dawson would appreciate privacy more than a social media charity campaign right now. 

I don't think people donating in his brothers name makes him feel any worse. I have been in Dawson's shoes... I doubt he's checking the PUNT twitter page to get updates. 

Edited by ArdmoreRyno
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.