Liz Cheney Political Career Post Mortem

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Can you be any less specific? 

Happy to oblige.  Try this one:

Something that you have typed in the last 72 hours is a hoax.  It may or may not be the post in question.  Or it may be something else.  Or it may be everything that you’ve typed, given your indulgence in and promulgation of fake news.  

54 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Not if she runs as a spoiler 

That’s what I’m talking about.  We need a ringer to keep the Orange d-bag out of the way.  Hopefully she can peel just enough votes to keep this scumbag in Mar a Lago or Club Fed or wherever he might be in two years.  (I note the potential downside is that she brings an unexpected number of Democratic votes if the economy is in rough shape by then.  But I’d take the risk.)

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DRsGhost said:

I can't remember what pundit says this all the time, but @Tiberius typical BS reminded me of it.

Conservatives argue that liberals are people who often have bad IDEAS.

Leftists argue that pretty much anyone to the right of them are bad PEOPLE with ideas.

Hoax.  

Liz Cheney's graceless concession speech follows her landslide defeat in WY primary

By Rajan Laad

The outcome of the Republican primary for Wyoming's sole House seat was widely expected.  Recent polls had Cheney trailing her top rival, Harriet Hageman, by double-digit margins.

Late yesterday, the inevitable occurred.

Rep. Liz Cheney suffered an emphatic routing in her Wyoming primary race.  She ended up securing only 49,316 votes, which is just 28.9% of all the votes, while Hageman secured 109,902 votes, which is an emphatic 66.3% of the total votes, according to the latest count as of this writing.

After thanking her team and her family members, Cheney began her "concession" speech.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/08/liz_cheneys_graceless_concession_speech_follows_her_landslide_defeat_in_wy_primary_.html

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Liz Cheney's graceless concession speech follows her landslide defeat in WY primary

By Rajan Laad

The outcome of the Republican primary for Wyoming's sole House seat was widely expected.  Recent polls had Cheney trailing her top rival, Harriet Hageman, by double-digit margins.

Late yesterday, the inevitable occurred.

Rep. Liz Cheney suffered an emphatic routing in her Wyoming primary race.  She ended up securing only 49,316 votes, which is just 28.9% of all the votes, while Hageman secured 109,902 votes, which is an emphatic 66.3% of the total votes, according to the latest count as of this writing.

After thanking her team and her family members, Cheney began her "concession" speech.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/08/liz_cheneys_graceless_concession_speech_follows_her_landslide_defeat_in_wy_primary_.html

You consider THAT graceless? How about if he didn't accept the resilts? Or said the election was fixed and she really won? 

You people 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

If she runs and takes away Conservative votes from TRump in 2024 

She'll pull significantly more votes from Biden or any other Dem than she would Trump.  Anyone that would vote for Liz Cheney isn't voting for Trump, anyway. 

• Agree 1

Cheney’s Concession Speech Was a Mentally Ill Cry for Help. 

“The race was called for Hageman about 14 seconds after the polls closed.

What followed were a few hours of every leftist media outlet in America making Cheney out to be the bravest American woman since Rosa Parks.”

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stephen-kruiser/2022/08/17/the-morning-briefing-liz-cheneys-concession-speech-was-a-mentally-ill-cry-for-help-n1621598

2 hours ago, DRsGhost said:

Nailed it.

Trump is the undisputed master of the “tell a lie enough times and people will believe it” rule. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/10/29/politics/fact-check-trump-false-claim-opposed-iraq-invasion/index.html

When radio host Howard Stern asked Trump in September 2002 if he is "for invading Iraq," Trump responded, "Yeah, I guess so. I wish the first time it was done correctly."

Trump did not express a firm opinion about the looming war in a Fox interview in January 2003, saying that "either you attack or don't attack" and that President George W. Bush "has either got to do something or not do something, perhaps."

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You consider THAT graceless? How about if he didn't accept the resilts? Or said the election was fixed and she really won? 

You people 

Really.  I thought it was pretty nice, myself.  Much more graceful than the Don’s concession speech after 2020.  

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Cheney’s Concession Speech Was a Mentally Ill Cry for Help. 

“The race was called for Hageman about 14 seconds after the polls closed.

What followed were a few hours of every leftist media outlet in America making Cheney out to be the bravest American woman since Rosa Parks.”

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stephen-kruiser/2022/08/17/the-morning-briefing-liz-cheneys-concession-speech-was-a-mentally-ill-cry-for-help-n1621598

Stuff like this makes me think that you’re a fascist.  Liz Cheney has ideas different from yours (which is wonderful, because you’re kind of sort of totally deluded), and therefore she’s mentally ill.  Makes perfect sense.  Hoax. 

The best thing about the Liz Cheney shellacking is they won't learn anything from it.

Cheney could have easily taken her electoral rebuke, done a few minutes of introspection, and come to some level of realization that her loss was in no way simply about her being a critic of Donald Trump. Instead, she rushed to the first leftwing morning show that would have her, showing she has all the self-awareness of a turnip.

Would that be the same “cult of personality” that renominated Gov. Brian Kemp by a landslide in Georgia despite Trump’s heavy opposition? Or that overwhelmingly voted for Dan Crenshaw in Texas’s primary despite Trump supporters believing he’s akin to John McCain? By golly, it’s almost as if the chief issue in Cheney’s loss wasn’t that she didn’t like the orange man. Plenty of GOP politicians who have never said the 2020 election is stolen and aren’t big on Trump won their primaries.

And that’s really what this comes down to. Cheney and her supporters need her to be the victim of a grossly unfair cult of personality that will cast anyone aside who doesn’t absolutely adore Donald Trump. That’s a caricature of the GOP that plays well on CNN and CBS News, but it’s absolutely not the reality on the ground.

Cheney is not an innocent bystander who just took a stand, though that’s exactly what she wants to present herself as. Instead, she chose to lock arms with Democrats to push an evidence-free narrative via the January 6th committee. Remember the “seven-step plan” to overturn the 2020 election she assured us she would prove? We are about a dozen hearings in and she’s yet to even provide evidence of step one.

That wasn’t lost on the voters of Wyoming voters over the last several months. They saw a woman who didn’t care about them or their concerns. They saw a woman who couldn’t be bothered to do anything but bolster Democrat prospects during a key mid-term election in order to feed into a petty grievance.

Then there’s the fact that Cheney’s vision of the world is simply not popular anymore. Republicans are sick of defense-industry simps who will never admit they were wrong about any of their chosen foreign incursions. What was more harmful to the country? January 6th or the Iraq War? It’s not even close when you start counting the bodies, yet Cheney has never once shown an ounce of attrition. Instead, she still stubbornly attacks those who dare to call for any accountability.

21 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Happy to oblige.  Try this one:

Something that you have typed in the last 72 hours is a hoax.  It may or may not be the post in question.  Or it may be something else.  Or it may be everything that you’ve typed, given your indulgence in and promulgation of fake news.  

I could raise the same challenge to every poster here.  But based on what.  And to what end?  How does anyone know anything?  Through some verifiable source that contradicts something they said?  Through vast personal or professional knowledge of some subject?  Or simply through the idea that one poster disagrees with what another poster states?  

We're mostly here to express our views and opinions.  And exchange them with other posters that might agree or disagree with our views.  We're not here to exchange facts and figures vetted by sanctioned or official sources that claim to know everything.  They don't know everything.  And in my opinion there aren't a lot of critical thinkers among them.  If they were critical and logical thinkers they wouldn't be working as fact checker drones.  They might be producing clear and articulate ideas of their own mind.  Given that isn't happening most sanctioned and official sources are also opinions.  And the official story somebody tells them to follow.  

So if you don't like my opinion that's fine and good.  But that doesn't mean my opinions and conclusions are wrong.  Or that your are wrong.  It just means you disagree.  And if you provide no counter argument there's no opportunity to entertain other viewpoints.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I could raise the same challenge to every poster here.  But based on what.  And to what end?  How does anyone know anything?  Through some verifiable source that contradicts something they said?  Through vast personal or professional knowledge of some subject?  Or simply through the idea that one poster disagrees with what another poster states?  

We're mostly here to express our views and opinions.  And exchange them with other posters that might agree or disagree with our views.  We're not here to exchange facts and figures vetted by sanctioned or official sources that claim to know everything.  They don't know everything.  And in my opinion there aren't a lot of critical thinkers among them.  If they were critical and logical thinkers they wouldn't be working as fact checker drones.  They might be producing clear and articulate ideas of their own mind.  Given that isn't happening most sanctioned and official sources are also opinions.  And the official story somebody tells them to follow.  

So if you don't like my opinion that's fine and good.  But that doesn't mean my opinions and conclusions are wrong.  Or that your are wrong.  It just means you disagree.  And if you provide no counter argument there's no opportunity to entertain other viewpoints.   

The first two paragraphs seem like a hoax.  I can honestly say that I have spent nearly 30 seconds trying to decipher them and I’m lost.  

I actually agree with the first four sentences of the last paragraph.  The free exchange of ideas is an American lodestar. 

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Run as...what?  An Independent?  OK.

Sure.  As a ringer.  And probably not in all 50 states.  Looking for the Ralph Nader effect in Florida in 2000. 

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Sure.  As a ringer.  And probably not in all 50 states.  Looking for the Ralph Nader effect in Florida in 2000. 

Versus, I don't know, just voting for the Dem?  

9 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Liz Cheney joins John Kasich as a politician without a home. 

Having less Cheneys in power is a positive for the country.   

I propose tossing them into a hole in Gitmo if they ever have political aspirations. 

If it were true that "nobody is above the law" as the DOJ is claiming, ol' Dick would have hanged from the neck 'til dead about a decade ago.